Sign in to follow this  
August  64

Grant backs youth - he is the man

Spillane, Eagle, Martin, Renton.  Cave-Bown on the bench.  We win away.  PG backs youth, takes chances, and motivates.

I''m backing Grant to be a City legend.

[quote user="August 64"]

Spillane, Eagle, Martin, Renton.  Cave-Bown on the bench.  We win away.  PG backs youth, takes chances, and motivates.

[/quote]Don''t know about City legend but things are certainly looking good for next season. Not saying we''ll be easily in the top 2 or even the playoffs but we should be much closer to the leading pack than we have been this season. Since Grant took over the majority of bad performances have been down to the players not putting the work in rather than bad tactics. If he can bring in some young hungry players to replace the likes of Doherty and Hughes then I think a to 10 finish is well within reach and like I said pushing hard for a place in the playoffs. Everyone who goes to games regularly can''t disagree that there is definately signs of improvement. The summer is going to be very interesting to see who we bring in and potentially more important who we get rid of.

[quote user="August 64"]

[/quote]

Absolutely, Eagle had a nearly full 90 minutes, Spillane impress in midfield, Martin get another run-out, Renton got his chance finally, only thing I criticised Grant was we have a natural right-back Cave-Brown and Colin can play left back, why Hughes for left back who was very poor. Grant cannot play Andy Hughes game in game out on full-back if we have 2 right-backs (Colin and Cave-Brown) in the first team

[quote user="August 64"]

[/quote]

Couldnt agree more, and he notices where our problems ly.

However, ''the king of latvia'' thinks oppositely.

I wonder if he EVER goes to games aswell? Im not bringing up the ''you have to go to games to be a fan'', just you need to go to games to have a proper understanding of the situation and way we play if you''re to rate a manager/player so harshly

Great to see positive posts like this becoming more common, we all have a big part to play in bringing success to the club.

If we can support manager and players, especially on match day''s, and stay positive, then we can do no more to help the guys representing us achieve the success we all crave.

I''d love to go into next season with everybody pulling in the right direction and feeling positive.

Our atmosphere at Carrow Road used to be fantastic and hopefully if everyone is singing off the same hymn-sheet then we can truly get back to enjoying supporting the club again.

im delighted to see so many youngsters coming through.. they could go on to do well for us or if not they could be sold  either way we could get a profit or a handy player..

Well done to PG for giving them all a go.. but remember "u cant win a league with kids" ;)

jas :)

Take Huckerby and Earnshaw away (come August they''ll be elsewhere) and there is a bare set of bones left.  That''s what will be running around next year and we will be down for certain.

How easily some of you are satisfied....and how easily fooled.

Cluck - considering you believe our relegation a sure bet - how much money have you bet already on us going down? Even if you are not a betting man, since this is such a pregone conclusion, then it''s not betting but free money.

If you haven''t a bet, I''m willing to match anything you like that city stay up....

[quote user="ob1"]

Cluck - considering you believe our relegation a sure bet - how much money have you bet already on us going down? Even if you are not a betting man, since this is such a pregone conclusion, then it''s not betting but free money.

If you haven''t a bet, I''m willing to match anything you like that city stay up....

[/quote]

You are correct in saying that I am not a gambling man...but as I am usually right about everything...put your shirt on relegation next season. Add to that Grant getting sacked next March and Delia walking soon after and you''ll be quids in. I think they call it a treble?

However unlikely it may be that I am wrong (league restructuring or three clubs having points deductions exempt)...I will personally eat your avatar live on You Tube to music of your choice.

Me too, I am really warming to him now, give him a few quid, a good scout and a full summer of tarining I beleive that we could be up near the tale end of the play offs next year.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

You are correct in saying that I am not a gambling man...but as I am usually right about everything...put your shirt on relegation next season. Add to that Grant getting sacked next March and Delia walking soon after and you''ll be quids in. I think they call it a treble?

However unlikely it may be that I am wrong (league restructuring or three clubs having points deductions exempt)...I will personally eat your avatar live on You Tube to music of your choice.

[/quote] Can someone stick a note on their calendar for March 2008? This I have to see.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Take Huckerby and Earnshaw away (come August they''ll be elsewhere) and there is a bare set of bones left.  That''s what will be running around next year and we will be down for certain.

[/quote]

I kind of agree with you in part Cluck.

I seriously doubt Grant will be very active in the transfer window during the summer, and, the sudden inclusion of academy players in the first team squad is probably down to financial necessity as much as it is to footballing ability.

With the ending of he parachute payments I doubt we will be able to afford to keep Earnshaw at the club, and expect he will be one of the first players to leave during the summer. 

I think Hucks will stay.  I think he is reaching the stage of his career where he must be think about retirement, he''s worshipped by City supporters, ''too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Premier League'',  and if he does leave the club will at the very least wanted recoup the £1 million pounds it cost us when Man City terminated his contract (and that may put some clubs off).

Will Grant be a City Legend? I will reserve judgement on that for a while.

This season he has had to stabilise the club and give himself a chance to make the team his own. He has completed that task successfully.

It remains to be seen whether he has the ability to move on from where we are now. I don''t expect immediate success and will be more than satisfied if we at least challenge for a play off spot next year. 

Managers always say they need 3 years to turn things round so if he can get us back to the Prem within that time frame he will truly be "THE MAN" and a City legend as well.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr C,

Did/Have you ever considered a career in politics? (I''m not offereing by the way...)

I also saw someone somewhere question why Cave-Brown wasn''t used on Saturday.

Well, I think the official site holds the answer. Colin is unavailable for tomorrow''s game due to ''family reasons''. If PG already had an inkling of this before the Leicester match, it would make sense not to risk a player who may be required in three days time.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

I also saw someone somewhere question why Cave-Brown wasn''t used on Saturday.

Well, I think the official site holds the answer. Colin is unavailable for tomorrow''s game due to ''family reasons''. If PG already had an inkling of this before the Leicester match, it would make sense not to risk a player who may be required in three days time.

[/quote]

Yes that''s me. After I see your post and I absolutely understand why Grant not to play Cave-Brown on Saturday. Leicester was in relegation dogfight but Burnley had nothing to play for, also Grant should know Colin had "family reason" a few days ago, so, yeah it''s a good move. Thanks mate! :)

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr C,

Did/Have you ever considered a career in politics? (I''m not offereing by the way...)

[/quote]

Aha!  Somebody else is on to you cluck.......

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]I''m sorry but you must not be aware of norwich''s recent fortunes, we have had no earnshaw for 3/4 months this season and we havent done that badly in that time Cluck.

[quote user="August 64"]

[/quote]Don''t get me wrong because I am pleased to see the youngsters, which would have never happened in Worthy''s time, but the bottom line is there were simply no other players available.  Thorne, Chadwick, Doherty, Safri, Lappin, Fotheringham all injured, Jarvis brothers, McVeigh and Henderson out on loan.

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

I''m sorry but you must not be aware of norwich''s recent fortunes, we have had no earnshaw for 3/4 months this season and we havent done that badly in that time Cluck.
[/quote]

We''ve had more luck than Paddy MacLucky and his double headed penny. We should never be satisfied with "not doing badly"....because all but three teams in the league will be saying precisely the same thing come next May. With Huckerby getting older still next season...Dublin well past it and no other flair players on the pitch...we''ll be for it if we are not very careful.

Even if we do "survive" next year...is that something a club with 24000 regular attendees should be satisfied with?  Is anyone on here honestly expecting anything better than "survival" (not including you NN) given the money predicament around the place?

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="August 64"]

[/quote]Don''t get me wrong because I am pleased to see the youngsters, which would have never happened in Worthy''s time, but the bottom line is there were simply no other players available.  Thorne, Chadwick, Doherty, Safri, Lappin, Fotheringham all injured, Jarvis brothers, McVeigh and Henderson out on loan.[/quote]

Yes you are correct, we have no choice but to play the kids, but I think if he want a bigger squad, he should never let Jarvis brothers, McVeigh and Henderson go out on loan, that means he did not have confidence to them and decide quite early he want to give the kids a chance