Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

Lets Hear it for Dickson

Well done Dickson Etuhu, a very good performance today and you continue to improve.Great presence in mid field,good defensive work, good positional play and regularly appearing dangerously on the edge of the Stoke box.  

Keep it up mate, your confidence is returning and you get better every week. Unbeleviably there are still a few prats in the crowd who enjoy having a go when you make a mistake, I regretably am begining to think that there may be a more sinister interpretation of the behaviour of a few of them. 

WELL DONEGeeked [8-|]

If we are going to push to the top next season we need a consistant dickson in the middle of the park. Hopefully Grant is learing how to get that out of him. I am really happy with his recent improval. Our recent form has coincided with his revival, shows how important he is to us

i hope he continues it, cos if he does he could be immense.but he has to do it more than 2 games in a row.  but certainly not gonna diss the player, well done dickson, keep it going, cos with him committed he can rip to pieces every team, and please long may it continue!

Two good games in a row from Dickson, if he was consistant he''d be lethal.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

Well done Dickson Etuhu, a very good performance today and you continue to improve.Great presence in mid field,good defensive work, good positional play and regularly appearing dangerously on the edge of the Stoke box.  

Keep it up mate, your confidence is returning and you get better every week. Unbeleviably there are still a few prats in the crowd who enjoy having a go when you make a mistake, I regretably am begining to think that there may be a more sinister interpretation of the behaviour of a few of them. 

WELL DONEGeeked [8-|]

[/quote]

Keep it up !!!    were near the end of the season for krist`s sake  !   he`s spent most of the season ambling around the park   ........   thats why those " prats "    are having a go at him  ,  in case your in any doubt  about this   , football players are paid to  play to the best of their ability  at EVERY match   , not just when it suits them !  

As for the " sinister interpretation "  , why don`t you just say  it instead of arsing around ?   he`s black ,  and you think thats the reason for the " prats " having a go  ?     now this I very much doubt  ,   Francis , McKenzie  got good receptions WHEN they played well , Earnie is black , does HE get the bird ?    

Wise up ! 

I''m sorry I just dont see it...he just doesn''t react quick enough and finds himself constantly in clumsy tussles, which because of his size often gets him penalised ...albeit unfairly.

Is he getting better? Is his confident increasing?...too slowly for my liking.  I''d like to see him take ''route one'' to goal more often, take on a player or two on a run and blast with the power that he obviously has from about the 15 to 20 yard range. Best thing he did today was second half when he found himself in the centre, just outside the area with space and almost as a second choice he had a go which unfortunately went high. Dickson is contributing too often to a growingly predictable pattern of over reliance on using that left hand side combo of Hucks, Lappin, Drury and everyone else wants to play long balls into them all the time. Dickson could provide another lethal channel, straight down the centre.

Wtf is with this sudden urge to praise Etuhu at every opportunity?

Like the poster above, I just don''t see where all this is coming from?

I sat in the South Stand on Tuesday night - and everyone around me was frustrated by Etuhu - and that''s putting it lightly. My mate was getting totally wound up by his "performance" and I could quite see why. He does a lot of running, but so does Andy Bloody Hughes. To the complete opposite of the scale, he seems to enjoy impersonating a statue too often during games. He did not shine whatsoever, in fact if I had to pick out players from Tuesday''s game who did, he would be nowhere near the top of the list.

He still looks just as bloody awful to me as he has always done. God knows what this says about his performances in weeks prior to now...

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

I''m sorry I just dont see it...he just doesn''t react quick enough and finds himself constantly in clumsy tussles, which because of his size often gets him penalised ...albeit unfairly.

Is he getting better? Is his confident increasing?...too slowly for my liking.  I''d like to see him take ''route one'' to goal more often, take on a player or two on a run and blast with the power that he obviously has from about the 15 to 20 yard range. Best thing he did today was second half when he found himself in the centre, just outside the area with space and almost as a second choice he had a go which unfortunately went high. Dickson is contributing too often to a growingly predictable pattern of over reliance on using that left hand side combo of Hucks, Lappin, Drury and everyone else wants to play long balls into them all the time. Dickson could provide another lethal channel, straight down the centre.

[/quote]

It seems Grant is more than happy to persevere with Etuhu. This is a good thing because I think he has qualities that other midfielders at the club don''t posess. But he has to pull out these performances on a regular basis.

He was doing it at the start of the season and then again now. Maybe the really heavy pitches have an affect on him?

Anyway, I think that''s a great point about him providing a lethal channel straight down the centre. When we play Hux up front in a 442 he drags defenders all over the place and I wish Dickson would get into the box more and quicker to exploit the spaces that this creates.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I sat in the South Stand on Tuesday night - and everyone around me was frustrated by Etuhu - and that''s putting it lightly. My mate was getting totally wound up by his "performance" and I could quite see why. He does a lot of running, but so does Andy Bloody Hughes. To the complete opposite of the scale, he seems to enjoy impersonating a statue too often during games. He did not shine whatsoever, in fact if I had to pick out players from Tuesday''s game who did, he would be nowhere near the top of the list.

He still looks just as bloody awful to me as he has always done. God knows what this says about his performances in weeks prior to now...

[/quote]

God knows what game you were watching. ETUHU was amazing and if we give him the love then he will be awesome. Small minded people who cant see the positives just beggers belief. I know for a fact he is player who needs support and on loses confidence very quickly when he gets barriked for making a mistake. Lets show this player that we rate him, and hopefully next season he will take us back to the promised land.

I think he is a very classy player, just needs the love and support. Is that to much too bloody ask.

his dribbling his like watching a man trying and win endless 50-50''s. 
still i rate him, and he is one of my favourite players.
i think he should shoot more as when he does they arent that far wide and are bloody powerful.

[quote user="DIZNAZZA HIZLOMEZ"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

God knows what game you were watching. ETUHU was amazing and if we give him the love then he will be awesome. Small minded people who cant see the positives just beggers belief. I know for a fact he is player who needs support and on loses confidence very quickly when he gets barriked for making a mistake. Lets show this player that we rate him, and hopefully next season he will take us back to the promised land.

I think he is a very classy player, just needs the love and support. Is that to much too bloody ask.

[/quote]"Let''s show this player that we rate him" - I''m sorry but I refuse to applaud someone that in my opinion is of no use to our starting XI. His laziness of the last 30 games, minus the Stoke game has done more than enough to convince me that he could be a good player, but wont be. His passing is lazy and inaccurate, his positional sense while other teams are in posession often leaves holes in our midfield, and his general desire to actually play the game and wear the yellow shirt with pride is extremely lacking.I''m not just bashing him because I''ve always thought he''s been poor and I''d look stupid if I changed my mind, and nor am I doing it because of the colour of his skin (and in the context of the post further up the thread suggesting that people get onto him because of that is bullshit - what about Carl Robinson, was he heckled because he was white...?? I don''t even need to answer that....same reason as Dickson my friend) he just doesn''t turn up for every game.As another poster quite rightly said, if we are to do well next season we need consistent performers, and unfortunately Dickson isn''t one of them.

I agree with Safri15 here.

Let''s see Dickson have 5-10 good games in quick succession and then judge? He''s had almost a whole season as first choice central midfielder and for every 2 good games he''ll have 2 poor ones - that is the definition of inconsistency, isn''t it?

OK, maybe he can prove me wrong next season but I''d rather not take the chance - sell him to the highest bidder and buy someone of proven quality instead.

It''s nothing to do with the colour of his skin - I was equally critical of Carl Robinson (a fellow Welshman), and Hughes (who I also think should be replaced as soon as possible).

He had a good first half against Stoke yesterday but thought he faded badly again in the second half which allowed Stoke to dominate for a period of time. Still needs to work on consistency!

[quote user="jetstream"]I agree with Safri15 here. Let''s see Dickson have 5-10 good games in quick succession and then judge? He''s had almost a whole season as first choice central midfielder and for every 2 good games he''ll have 2 poor ones - that is the definition of inconsistency, isn''t it? OK, maybe he can prove me wrong next season but I''d rather not take the chance - sell him to the highest bidder and buy someone of proven quality instead. It''s nothing to do with the colour of his skin - I was equally critical of Carl Robinson (a fellow Welshman), and Hughes (who I also think should be replaced as soon as possible).[/quote]

Totally in agreement with you about Carl Robinson, but in Etuhu we have an awesome player, we just need to get behind him and give him the confidence. Everyone then in my book is a winner.

even stevie wonder would be able to see that dickson etuhu is not up to it.

give him a chance? well hows 1 and a half seasons of basically being first choice? - and hes probably given about 5 (at most) good games.if he put in a bit more effort then he wouldnt be too bad, but im afraid his character is to be lazy so for me hes up there with thorne and henderson as the people who have got to go come june....

[quote user="Malky Mcveigh"]

give him a chance? well hows 1 and a half seasons of basically being first choice? - and hes probably given about 5 (at most) good games.if he put in a bit more effort then he wouldnt be too bad, but im afraid his character is to be lazy so for me hes up there with thorne and henderson as the people who have got to go come june....

[/quote]

Actually I thought he played well against Stoke and Birmingham!!!

[quote user="Malky Mcveigh"]

[/quote]

Which  is probably why he`s suddenly pulled his finger out !     the gravy train  , the good life , is looking  a bit less  certain  ....   an idle sod ... is an idle sod    ,   enjoy league one Ethuhu [:D]

Body language Dickson, body language.

Remember the aphorism "Justice must not only be done, but must be seen to be done".

You must not only play well, but be seen to be playing well.

Get streetwise, and good luck.

OTBC

Dickson has been frustratingly inconsistent but I thought he did play well on sat and I am a bit surprised he only got a 6/10 in todays edp... 

I agree that Etuhu''s work rate was much better in the last couple of games.  The thing is, he doesn''t seem to have great awareness around him.  Players should be able to see things building up around them.  The amount of times that an opposition player  gets himself in good positions outside the box is almost fatal.  At least in the last couple of games he has reacted to it, where in other times this season, he has just left the player to do pretty much what he wants.  To be honest, Safri does much the same, but then he is quicker to react than Etuhu usually.  They both, seem to get dragged out of position a bit too easily.  When it is Drury and Hucks on the left, Safri seems to make up for Hucks lack of defensive play by comnig over, leaving the centre a bit exposed.  When Lappin plays on left, Safri is more in the middle, while Etuhu doesn''t really know where he is meant to be, or who he is meant to mark, etc.  His 1st touch was poor on Saturday as well, but overall, had a better game.  When he is on song, he is a good player to have in the team, when he isn''t (which has been far too often this season), he is a liability.  Grant obvioulsy seems to like him, just like Worthy did, so hopefully next season, he will play the whole season, like everyone knows he has the capability of doing.   

[quote user="cityangel"]Two good games in a row from Dickson, if he was consistant he''d be lethal.[/quote]3 now, if you count cardiff!!! although that''s a team performance we''d all probably wish to forget.lets hope he can keep it up.  grant is certainly getting the best form out of him - he''s 24 and coming into his prime.

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

WELL DONEGeeked [8-|]

[/quote]

Keep it up !!!    were near the end of the season for krist`s sake  !   he`s spent most of the season ambling around the park   ........   thats why those " prats "    are having a go at him  ,  in case your in any doubt  about this   , football players are paid to  play to the best of their ability  at EVERY match   , not just when it suits them !  

As for the " sinister interpretation "  , why don`t you just say  it instead of arsing around ?   he`s black ,  and you think thats the reason for the " prats " having a go  ?     now this I very much doubt  ,   Francis , McKenzie  got good receptions WHEN they played well , Earnie is black , does HE get the bird ?    

Wise up ! 

[/quote]

The post was about about his improvement and "Keep it up" was referring to to this. He has been very poor during large parts of the season along with most of the rest of the team. You seem to suggest that having a go at him now is motivated by his previous failings, if that is the case then I cant understand it. There are fans who seem to be waiting for him to make a mistake just to have a go, why?  

The post was about about his improvement and "Keep it up" was referring to to this. He has been very poor during large parts of the season along with most of the rest of the team. You seem to suggest that having a go at him now is motivated by his previous failings, if that is the case then I cant understand it. There are fans who seem to be waiting for him to make a mistake just to have a go, why? Future is yellow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You probably answered your own question !   we pay  a significant sum at the turnstiles ,  we expect to be watching players   do what they get paid to do ....   just because Etuhu  decides to   , finally , start to play  well , cuts no ice   to a lot of supporters  !   because they will be thinking ..... why didn`t he do this throughout the season ?     they may just think that he`s taking the piss !!       once on the field  , there`s no hiding place ....  over twenty thousand witnesses !!!