Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Grant - An overall excellent transfer window!

I fully support grant for:

-> Securing a final move for Luke Chadwick

-> Signing Marshall till the end of the season

-> Signing Fotheringham

-> Signing lappin

-> Hopefully selling Robinson

Selling robinson would result in me being incredibly impressed - i think it shows he knows what hes doing. He''s not selling Etuhu and i think thats because potential is still there.

Not excellent but OK.   He is starting to shape a squad he wants and has addressed the weak midfield area.

However we are now threadbare in defensive cover and need a loan and quickly.

You are joking...  the transfer window could hardly of been any worse....

Obviously we are in preperation for our relegation fight in Div 1 (Div 3) next year!!!!

The jury is very much out, considering some of the players mentioned as targets i think once again we have cheap options but that dont surprise me anymore.

I''m almost certain that the defence and another striker will be added by loans.  I''m getting used to this transfer window malarky and am no longer cacking myself when we haven''t signed everyone we need in time as it seems that January is a tough month to do deals... I reckon PG will be working all summer to sign permanent replacements for the defence and striker and will hopefully send Hughes and Thorne the way of Robbo...

I have to agree with this, only time will tell but I think that the signs are promising that Grant has an idea of the shape of the team he is trying to build. I would agree with ZLF that we now require defensive cover.

I don''t agree with the sentiment that just because we talk about players and don''t get them its somehow a loss.  Man Utd talk about Owen Hargreaves and got Larsson on a Loan, was that a failure?  They didn''t get him in the summer and got Carrick, admittantly Carrick is massively overpriced at £18 million, but he''s still a good player.We got Brown, who impressed me at Blackpool, his touch is very good, Lappin (I know nothing about), Fotheringham, and Marshall, as well as signing up Chadwick.  Thats three midfielders and a very good goalkeeper.  A new centre half would have been great, but the right player isn''t at the right price, then what can Grant do?!  I believe these are players that Grant wanted to sign and hence he is responsible for.  Lets give them and Grant a chance before we pass them off as the "cheap options".OTBC!Chunky

[quote user="Smudger"]

You are joking...  the transfer window could hardly of been any worse....

Obviously we are in preperation for our relegation fight in Div 1 (Div 3) next year!!!!

[/quote]surely signing no one at all would have been worse? Or are you just upset that Grant actually did enough to maybe try to stop you moaning for five minutes... you can''t actually complain about the quality of any of the signings, so you''ll just persist in your belief that relegation looms...

Don''t be ridiculous. It doesn''t fit with the anarchy plan if we don''t panic and flail about wildly looking for someone to sack.

If we don''t buy Ronaldinho within the next six seconds I''m cutting my season ticket up, storming the directors box and pulling the ripcord on the dynamite.

In all seriousness, if you''d told me before the window that we''d have a quality goalkeeper in on loan for the rest of the season, A new attacking midfielder, a new left winger, a new young target man plus Chadwick, AND that we''d be rid of Robinson and have let Flem go, I would have been pleased.

The only thing that is unsettling is that Dion and Shacks are carrying injuries so we''re short at the back in the short term, and that Earnie''s crocked so we''re a striker down. However, if we get a couple of decent loan players we''ll be fine. Hucks has done well up front so far and had we had Dion or Brown against Wolves I''m fairly confident they could have finished where Thorne failed.

Have we signed one half decent player ? yes Marshall and we have to give him back , the others are almost certainly no better than we had , Norwich (no money ) City pathetic transfer window yet again , will we ever get back to the glory days of Robert Chase ? not untill we get rid of the old woman no .

I only think that loans help when we are looking to get the player on a permanent basis. Yes, Crouch, Harper, Cooper were good for us in our promotion season, but look at all the other loans we have had - Lisbie, Rehmann, JJ2, etc - doesnt benfefit anyone. The squad players who stay here are de-motivated as the manager doesnt obviously rate them, and we lose out in the long run.

If we are looking to sign Marshall on a permanent basis, but if not, we are back to square one - provided we stay up.

[quote user="ncfc1"]Have we signed one half decent player ? yes Marshall and we have to give him back , the others are almost certainly no better than we had , Norwich (no money ) City pathetic transfer window yet again , will we ever get back to the glory days of Robert Chase ? not untill we get rid of the old woman no .[/quote]Possibly the most idiotic post I''ve ever read on here. You have no idea what the new players will be like, on first showings Brown, Marshall and Chadwick are certainly better than who they''re likely to replace. The others have got good reports, so how about waiting to see. You''ll no doubt have been one whinging about Dion being a waste of time before he turned up. So what if we have to give Marshall back, that hasn''t happened yet and he may help us stay up. That was said about Hucks and he stayed against all the odds. Glory days of Robert Chase? in spite of not because mate. You clearly aren''t old enough to remember him. Well done to end with a bit of pure sexist bile, nice.

How do you know that our 2 new signings are going to be crap? kindly tell me, are you mystic meg? or have you been to scotland to see them play?  if your judging them before you''ve seen them then tbh mate i think your just moaning for the sake of it and thats not what anyone needs right now so please unless you''ve seen our signings on a regular basis and are in a postition to judge them just keep quiet.

"the others are almost certainly no better than we had." So uve never actually seen them play then? How can u make this statement, what do u base it on? 

ncfc1.  Seeing as you have regularly seen Lappin & Fotheringham play could you please give us a report on what they are like as players.  It would interesting to hear the views of someone who knows what they are talking about.

And like you I can''t wait to get back to the glory days of Robert Chase.  In fact I can''t even remember why we protested so much to get rid of him!!!!!!  Like you I quite liked teetering on the edge of bankruptcy, i thoroughly enjoyed selling all our best players.  And finally, we got him out before he could finish the stadium.  I bet Chase Builders would have built a well tasty Jarrold Stand.

And I agree, what a pathetic transfer window.  2 new midfielders, 1 new winger, 1 new big striker and a decent goalkeeper; all under 25.  Absolutely atrocious, lets sack grant now.  I mean what is he playing at buying young footballers, before you know he will have rejuvinated the whole squad.

Whatever will we do then.   

I like the direction we''re taking. Yes, it''s a half finished piece of work, and key parts of the puzzle are missing (Earnshaw and another striker who scores goals, a defender or two etc) but I like where this is going. We''re letting people go and bringing in replacements who are young, ambitious and look up for the task.

I hope now we can continue to get some additions in, and bring someone like Marshall or Camp to replace Gallacher.

[quote user="ncfc1"]Have we signed one half decent player ? yes Marshall and we have to give him back , the others are almost certainly no better than we had , Norwich (no money ) City pathetic transfer window yet again , will we ever get back to the glory days of Robert Chase ? not untill we get rid of the old woman no .[/quote]

Some people have very short memories. I recall huge demonstrations and public meetings calling for Chase''s head. Now it seems he is being elevated to cult status. Put your rose coloured specs back in the box ncfc1.

[quote user="ncfc1"] ...will we ever get back to the glory days of Robert Chase?[/quote]You know, I''ve run a virus check, I''ve cleared out every little bug, I''ve updated Windows security, defragged, rebooted and even given the screen a good clean... and yet, STILL, the above words keep appearing on my screen... there must be something wrong with the hard drive... Anyone know a good lobotomist?

lol Evil monkey.. they were glory days though.

well done to Grant! 4 players in and lets hope a loan or 2 to come to keep us up

jas :)

good post jimmy500, at last someone who isn''t a absolute knob and digging the graves of out new players before their first game!!

i agree with u, and although i haven''t seen Lappin play i''ve hear he is a brilliant crossing of the ball for the left, something we have been in need of for a while.

i''m just looking forward to saturday and seeing what they can do...

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Either I''ve got some serious deja vu or you are going from thread to thread posting the same doom and gloom rubbish.Please do tell us all what would have been a good transfer window? If such a thing exists...

You know what? Considering the usual depression on this forum I am quite surprised by the generally positive vibe going around re Grantys'' transfer dealings. I''m looking forward to seeing how the new players gel and hopefully take us forward.

[quote user="ncfc1"]Have we signed one half decent player ? yes Marshall and we have to give him back , the others are almost certainly no better than we had , Norwich (no money ) City pathetic transfer window yet again , will we ever get back to the glory days of Robert Chase ? not untill we get rid of the old woman no .[/quote]

There are, however (sigh!), some miserable gits on here who will always post inane tripe just to wind everyone up. They know who they are. The rest of us shouldn''t encourage them.Don''t take the bait[:P]

He expects a more robust game in England, adding: “I think it''s a lot more physical. The SPL is quick but from what I''ve seen the Championship is quicker and lot more physical.”
lappin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Babtism of fire coming Simon !    get a clock at Hucks leg scars  { get down Angel ! }    he spends more time in the air than the ball ! 

Tip for you , when a defender  runs to challenge you  ALWAYS assume   that its your legs he wants to kick  !  if his boot gets the ball  ..... its an accident  [:D]