Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Who was the first poster on here?

All these years ago when the Pinkun forum started, who was the first generation of posters? I''ve only know the forum for a year and a half and just thought we needed to post something not about the transfer window

This could become an excellent posting for discussion. It could be almost like tracing a family tree.

It was probably someone, way back in the day, called "Trainee wizard" (or something) who wanted to rant and rave about a Norwich Youth player called Dion Dublin, who wasnt good enough too wear the youth team shirt and should be released from his pre-YTS contract.

Or that they had heard about a Sunderland player called Alan Brown who had been spotted going out on public transport during an evening on some drunken child-conceiving night with his polaroid camera and air-rifle.

Or that they were wanting to express their views and opinions of Sheffield Wednesday''s veteran left-back, Nigel Worthington, saying how they have admired the player''s ability and professionalism, and how he could one day make the grade from player to manager.......

Speaking of posters, in the last 24 hours an amazing number of new posters with 1 or 2 posts are coming out of the woodwork....just curious as it seems a bit odd?

Am I being a bit naive here or cant you just look at the last page of the list of threads?

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]Nicholas Mead[/quote]

Yep, poor old Nicholas Mead was obviously so disenchanted at not getting a response to his first thread that he decided never to post again!!

Only for the present version of this messageboard Kathy. But this forum has had several incarnations and sadly the database from the late 90s no longer exists so we''ll never know who the first ever poster was. Probably me or Vince testing...

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Only for the present version of this messageboard Kathy. But this forum has had several incarnations and sadly the database from the late 90s no longer exists so we''ll never know who the first ever poster was. Probably me or Vince testing...[/quote]

I suppose you could always have a look on http://web.archive.org/ but then again, I don''t think it goes back far enough.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Speaking of posters, in the last 24 hours an amazing number of new posters with 1 or 2 posts are coming out of the woodwork....just curious as it seems a bit odd?

[/quote]

As Wrath of the Barclay is currently dead many of them may be looking on here to waste their workdays...

[quote user="djcat"]

This could become an excellent posting for discussion. It could be almost like tracing a family tree.

It was probably someone, way back in the day, called "Trainee wizard" (or something) who wanted to rant and rave about a Norwich Youth player called Dion Dublin, who wasnt good enough too wear the youth team shirt and should be released from his pre-YTS contract.

Or that they had heard about a Sunderland player called Alan Brown who had been spotted going out on public transport during an evening on some drunken child-conceiving night with his polaroid camera and air-rifle.

Or that they were wanting to express their views and opinions of Sheffield Wednesday''s veteran left-back, Nigel Worthington, saying how they have admired the player''s ability and professionalism, and how he could one day make the grade from player to manager.......

[/quote]''Trainee Wizard'' - love it!You can see when people joined on the left. I think the board began in august 2003 didn''t it Pete/web team?

He only posted when he was a lazy student. Saw him a few months ago and he now has a proper job so can no longer while away the hours on here.

This version of the board started in 2003 but there were several other versions before it. Think the site, and it''s first messageboard ''Fanzone'' started in 1999/2000.

Think this is the third version of the board that I have been on, the first one seemed to have only about 25 regular posters. Foghorn stands out in my memory

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]He only posted when he was a lazy student. Saw him a few months ago and he now has a proper job so can no longer while away the hours on here.[/quote]I remember him, didn''t he use some people on these boards to help with his disstertation? Mind, it was all a lot more pleasant then... Jesus, could you imagine if he tried it now... [;)]It''s funny though, I did most of my posting whilst in employment, to ease the boredom.  Now I''m a lazy student I''ve actually posted a lot less, maybe it''s because I''m now always busy? Or maybe it''s because much of it is just the same old shit over and over... probably a little from column A, a little from column B...

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]He only posted when he was a lazy student. Saw him a few months ago and he now has a proper job so can no longer while away the hours on here.[/quote]Really Pete, If you think having a proper job means you can no longer while away the hours on here, you''re very much mistaken!!!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]Nicholas Mead[/quote]

Yep, poor old Nicholas Mead was obviously so disenchanted at not getting a response to his first thread that he decided never to post again!!

[/quote]

I know him....proving it''s very dangerous to use your real name!

I could add more....but I will avoid legal proceedings..........

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]He only posted when he was a lazy student. Saw him a few months ago and he now has a proper job so can no longer while away the hours on here.[/quote]

Quite right Pete!  I am still about but as Pete says I have a proper job now so not about during the day.  I am still very much a lurker though and on here every few days.  Keep up the good work Pink''Un users

Ah! How nice to see your name again DD. Now do you see what a single-minded, lazy student you were ( as per my past ramblings ).....you have been absent for a significant period time but are still the #2 ranked poster in volume on this forum.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

I would assume because of the transfer window? Either that or the forum is more publicly advertised in the PinkUn paper.

Hiya DDIM nice to see your name on here again, we''ve missed you!!

Hope the job is going well DDiM;  some comment from you every now and again would be good as you always had something interesting to say.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Speaking of posters, in the last 24 hours an amazing number of new

posters with 1 or 2 posts are coming out of the woodwork....just

curious as it seems a bit odd?

[/quote]

It may have something to do with Wrath of the Barclay currently being down.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

It may have something to do with Wrath of the Barclay currently being down.
[/quote]

Oh great, so we''re being invaded then![;)]

I was here fairly early on I guess. I rarely post now, I just pop in for a lurk, see it''s full of whiners and then leave quietly!!