Sign in to follow this  
ca

Wolves v Norwich Match Thread

Two points dropped. Neil Adams says its cruel,,,,  No it is not, it is just predictable. 

I feel sorry for the away supporters.....

For christ sake, 4 mins of injury time, any team in any league should beable to hold a lead for that amount of time, after you''ve gone through the normal time. Its ridiculous and we badly need another defender.

On a bright note, robinsons had a good game, as has croft, and dublins MOTM for me and others alike..excellent by him.

Does anyone have a clue where the ref got 4 minutes injury time from? Does he have to justify it?

I really do get the feeling that refs get bullied (psychologically) by the home crowd (except Norwich, who are probably too polite) to give them every advantage.

OK so when the **** are we going win a game in 92 b''stard minute, it would make it easier to swallow, but we only lose points in the last mins.

Drury was being skinned because of lack of defensive cover from Croft, which is what he''s had to deal with most of this season, and ever since Hux arrived. Then Safri came on, and we conceded a goal - that may be coincidence. But it''s surely no coincidence that whoever Safri plays under, he never seems to establish his place. It may be because he has more off-days than on-days, or perhaps his commitment isn''t great.

I think the ultra defensive minded Grant will be quite pleased with the result!!  Afterall, we didn''t lose!!!!!!Taking Earnie off just after scoring his second and shaking up the structure of the side is the kind of suicidal tactic I hate in managers.The boys were obviously doing okay, so why chnage?I''m normally one for giving people time to prove themselves, but at the moment, everything Grant does just seems to be soooo wrong.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]I think the ultra defensive minded Grant will be quite pleased with the result!!  Afterall, we didn''t lose!!!!!!

Taking Earnie off just after scoring his second and shaking up the structure of the side is the kind of suicidal tactic I hate in managers.

The boys were obviously doing okay, so why chnage?

I''m normally one for giving people time to prove themselves, but at the moment, everything Grant does just seems to be soooo wrong.
[/quote]

you have 11 players on the pitch, taking off your striker is not really a bad move, it is common and to some extent logical. I am a believer in using all the subs, they are afterall professional footballers and should be used both tatically and for fitness reasons, i.e. replace knackered players. 

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]I think the ultra defensive minded Grant will be quite pleased with the result!!  Afterall, we didn''t lose!!!!!!

Taking Earnie off just after scoring his second and shaking up the structure of the side is the kind of suicidal tactic I hate in managers.

The boys were obviously doing okay, so why chnage?

I''m normally one for giving people time to prove themselves, but at the moment, everything Grant does just seems to be soooo wrong.
[/quote]

you have 11 players on the pitch, taking off your striker is not really a bad move, it is common and to some extent logical. I am a believer in using all the subs, they are afterall professional footballers and should be used both tatically and for fitness reasons, i.e. replace knackered players. 

[/quote]

But what it isn''t Marty is "brave" as in PG''s statements about demanding the players become "brave" - I for one am disappointed in that particular decision and the final result.

Mark .Y.

Robinson? Man Of the Match? Where was that then cos he certainly wasn''t today! Difficult to pick anyone out other than Earnie for his two poacher''s strikes. If you weren''t there, make sure you see the 2nd goal on TV. Back to goal...bouncing ball....ahh well, i will just scissor kick it then...absolute star!!!

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Why not keep Earnie on and go for a 3-1 lead instead?, that would have killed the game dead, instead, what do we do?, we do a Worthyesgue ''safety first'' ''hold at all costs type tactic............................ and as usual, **** it up!.

Taking DD off was suicidel, it just invited Wolves to come forward, and they did!.

I''m sick of this tactic, sick of Grant and sick of the whole bloody thing!.

[quote user="SI"]

Two points dropped. Neil Adams says its cruel,,,,  No it is not, it is just predictable. 

I feel sorry for the away supporters.....

[/quote]

Don''t feel too sorry for them because most of them took it better than most of you on here!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Taking DD off was suicidel, it just invited Wolves to come forward, and they did!.

I''m sick of this tactic, sick of Grant and sick of the whole bloody thing!.

[/quote]

Was it ok to recall The Doc and start DD up front with Earnie though Wiz???

There''s just a chance if we keep them both fit that we could start turning this miserable season around.

Anyway,

Happy Christmas mate! [B]

Just seen the match on the championship and I am absolutly appalled at two thing first how the linesman missed that a player was about 5 yards offside in the lead up to their first goal, he should be punished by the fa to be an offical that high up and miss an offside by that margin is unforgivable i wouldnt accept it in my sunday league! and secondly the amount of time and space we gave their midfield and attackers.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

[quote user="jetstream"]damn, damn, damn where did 4 mins of injury time come from anyway?[/quote]

refs have to add 30 seconds for each sub.

[/quote]

they dont have to.. any time added on is at the refrees discretion.. a player could lay injured for 10 minutes in the center cirlce and if he wants to blow the whistle at 90 he will do.

jas :)

[quote user="YGB"]Just seen the match on the championship and I am absolutly appalled at two thing first how the linesman missed that a player was about 5 yards offside in the lead up to their first goal, he should be punished by the fa to be an offical that high up and miss an offside by that margin is unforgivable i wouldnt accept it in my sunday league! and secondly the amount of time and space we gave their midfield and attackers.[/quote]

Not just one but 2 players offside!

Also just seen it & , being generous, I think he missed it because the ref let Wolves take the free kick (for what?) very quickly. This level of official ineptitude & lack of co-ordination might be just about acceptable at pub football level. However ....

Total   bloody   incompetence

[quote user="YGB"]Just seen the match on the championship and I am absolutly appalled at two thing first how the linesman missed that a player was about 5 yards offside in the lead up to their first goal, he should be punished by the fa to be an offical that high up and miss an offside by that margin is unforgivable i wouldnt accept it in my sunday league! and secondly the amount of time and space we gave their midfield and attackers.[/quote]

The midfield is the rotten limb which is polluting the rest of the team.

You need a midfield to a) hold up the ball b) support the defence c) break up the opposition''s possession d) feed the forwards with clever or direct balls - most of the time our midfielders do none of these!  Etuhu is the worst culprit. It kills me to see him aimlessly trotting around watching the game tick by around him. 

You''re right. Centre midfield is definitely pulling the rest of the side down. They do not tackle,hold the ball or give good passes and they should be the engine room of the team. Let''s get Stephen Pearson in ASAP.

he''s 37! what do you expect?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]