Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

it's time to drop Hux

This guy is a luxury we can no longer afford, I for one would not have offered him a new contract without a significant drop in his salary. He''s team play is/and was never very good his decision making is poor -see his selfish atempt on goal today.

This guy has been a sensation at times with match winning performances - Who will ever forget the Cardiff game - but now we need a tight unit, we have seen how teams like Stoke, Derby and Colchester to name but a few, have produced good results without any so called big names in the team.

IMO Hux should be used as an impact player whre we can bring him on late on in the game if things are not going well. Today (Southend) he was given MOTM for what a few runs that produced what?

Let''s get back to being a team again. Then if/when we are in a position where we need to break down stuborn defences we can bring on our so called match winner.

Now we have Croft and Chadwick we have players who can and will track back as well as attack we need to become a team again like we were 4/5 years ago.

what utter nonsense - take hux out of the team and loose any flair attacking play that we have. What we need is a midfield man like we had in gary holt, that would bust a gut to cover hux position when he goes forward. non of our current lot can even be bothered to bust a gut in there own position let alone have the footballing sense to cover others when they break forward.  chadwick will  not track back any more than hux  does,  what we have here is a case of new player syndrome....... hail the mighty  chadwick! (because so many other top clubs in our division were chasing him).huckerby is a player who we will only miss once he is gone and with silly comments like that some on here may get what they want..............

''its time to drop hux''

Right now? Sorry, but at the moment chadwick is injured and if i had the choice between huckerby and hughes, well its a no-brainer really..

I''m not sure about the timing but I think it is something worth considering.

Imo Hucks isn''t worth £16K a week.  I cannot think of match this season where he has produced a memorable performance.  Hucks appears to have become a less and less infleuntial player the longer he has spent at the club.  Imo he is past his best.

In January if it''s a choice between losing Earnie to Portsmouth or Hucks to Celtic I hope we lose Hucks.

Huckerby is one of the few players who are actually worth keeping so dropping him is probably not sensible.  However that doesn''t excuse him for his woeful inability to commit himself to a 50/50 ball, his total reluctance to go up for a header and his unwillingness to drop back and help out. 

wake up! if we drop hux and sell earny then we ARE garanteed to GO DOWN! i would feel like hux at the moment the only player we have capable of setting up goals but p****d off withall that crap around him who cant be a***d to try and do something good! the people to drop are robinson and etuhu!

I agree totally TGD - he is a liability, and when he plays badly (and he does more and more often) the team suffers. Even when he''s playing well he offers very little in defence (one reason why we''ve conceded so many goals), but at least he keeps possession well. Yesterday, until the last 20 minutes, we may as well have played with 10 men ourselves, which put Hughes under huge pressure. It''s painful to say it, because he''s been magnificent for us, but he has to go. Even with the squad that''s available at the moment (Chadwick injured), I''d rather play Drury in left midfield, Shackell at left back and Fleming at CB. Sorry Hux.

Drop as many players as we have natural replacements for on Sat for QPR game.

Perhaps the enthusiam of squad players may get us a result.

The s**t that was on the pitch on Sat has had more than enough chances - time to give others a go. Exactly how could it be any worse?????

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

Imo Hucks isn''t worth £16K a week. 

[/quote]

Sherlock, where''s your evidence that he''s earning £16,000 a week?  Not saying it isn''t true (could be even more for all I know) but where does this come from, apart from the rumour mill?  Please point me to your source.

[quote user="Old Boy"]I hate to say it, because he''s been magnificent for us, but he has to go. Even with the squad that''s available at the moment (Chadwick injured), I''d rather play Drury in left midfield, Shackell at left back and Fleming at CB. Sorry Hux.
[/quote]

I''m glad you arent manager old boy!  Drury in midfield!!  lol,    laughable!

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

Sherlock, where''s your evidence that he''s earning £16,000 a week?  Not saying it isn''t true (could be even more for all I know) but where does this come from, apart from the rumour mill?  Please point me to your source.

[/quote]

I don''t have any definative proof, but, I think it is a realistic figure.

For example, Worthy was on £600,000 a year, which works out as £11,538 a week. 

When Hucks joined form Man City we agreed to pay Hucks the £1 million for the cancelling his contract, which MC said was the equivalent of one years earnings.  If this is true, then Hucks would have been on £19,230 per week. 

We have a wage bill of £9 million.  Assuming this relates only to the first team we have 27 players the average weekly wage would work our at £6,410.    Assuming some of the younger players (such as Eagle) are earning nothing like this much, then potentially this average is much higher (£8,241).

Admittedly this is not exact, but, I think it is reasonable to assume that Huckerby is earning in the region of £16,000 a week.

However I was being unfair singling out Hucks.  I don''t think most of the squad are worth what we pay them.

Without him i fear we would struggle even more to pose an attacking threat, however i still believe we do need to find a role for him which does  not inbalance the team. He did struggle yesterday but dropping him isnt he answer.

Jaysus !   the fatheads are having a field day  today ......   there`s that expensive  " luxury " Hucks  , on 16 grand a week !!   doesn`t " track back "  ,    "  selfishly " trying  for a goal ,    doesn`t do  " team work "   ,   can`t head  ,   " not what he was "  ,   " a liability "   , is there no end to this crap ?  

In a masochistic way I tend to agree  that Hucks should sling his hook !   then you`ll be left with ... what ?    a team ?   ( FFS don`t make me laugh !)  the team disappeared  midway through our prem  season ,  what you have now  is  a bunch of misfits  .....   generally they are just taking the piss out of Norwich !   harsh words ?   think about it ... 

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it was made up Mystic!

What a great thread this is!

Before Hux got a new contract we had thread after thread after thread, sometimes 3 a day about how the club wasn''t going to sign him and how that showed no ambition and how he would be on his way in January. Now he is signed people want him out.

I see more posts today how we need a Gary Holt? Remind me what the posts were about when he was here!

How long before "We want Worthy back"?

[/quote]

[/quote]

My understanding is that he isnt on anything like £16k pw,   that understates it by quite some margin.... 

What about Ron Saunders back, he still look spritely the other day at the villa game. can you imagine this lot running up and down mousehold, gas hill and the beach and in the sweat box.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

no matter how much Hucks is on it doesnt compare to the 8000 a week we pay Peter Thorne and the 7,000 a week we pay for the servuices of one Andy ''not very good'' Hughes.

These were figures quoted on Rick Waghorn''s site I beleive

[/quote]

Please find the relevant link that shows that we pay Thorne 8,000, I''m not saying we don''t but I do seriously doubt it.

What you doing palling up with Waggy??? [;)]

So what''s happened to Eagle? I''d rather him than huckerby at the moment. Especially with height in the box.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

no matter how much Hucks is on it doesnt compare to the 8000 a week we pay Peter Thorne and the 7,000 a week we pay for the servuices of one Andy ''not very good'' Hughes.

These were figures quoted on Rick Waghorn''s site I beleive

[/quote]

Please find the relevant link that shows that we pay Thorne 8,000, I''m not saying we don''t but I do seriously doubt it.

What you doing palling up with Waggy??? [;)]

[/quote]

I am not searching through Waggy''s articles but he quoted £8000 in one of ''em.  The average weekly player wage at ncfc is £6500.  As the youngsters are going to be on far less than this therefore many players are on far more.   I cannot see why thorne whould be on any less than this figure considering he was picked up for free by a newly relegated club and was on a good £10,000ish at cardiff and their best paid player.

Obviously there is no evidence as the players arent exactly going to put a copy of their contrcts online....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What a great thread this is!

Before Hux got a new contract we had thread after thread after thread, sometimes 3 a day about how the club wasn''t going to sign him and how that showed no ambition and how he would be on his way in January. Now he is signed people want him out.

I see more posts today how we need a Gary Holt? Remind me what the posts were about when he was here!

How long before "We want Worthy back"?

[/quote]

Read the thread again Nutty I suggested that we don''t start Hux as IMO he would make more of an impact later on in a game I.E Ipswich away 2005/6 season. -At no stage did I mention letting him go. I can''t agree that Dury is the answer until Chadwick regains fitness, may be Eagle is worth a try, he seems to be able to deliver a cross.

The Great Drinkell,

Xmas is over my friend and I think you need to sober up mate and think more clearly. Hucks is more than a luxury to us, he''s a vital part of out team and for the last time he doesnt earn £16,000 a week.

CA

[/quote]Drury gets forward well now, and can cross very well from the left. He just doesn''t get much opportunity, with having to cover for Huckerby. Huckerby is so poor sometimes, I wonder if he''s taking the p***.

[/quote]Drury gets forward well now, and can cross very well from the left. He just doesn''t get much opportunity, with having to cover for Huckerby. Huckerby is so poor sometimes, I wonder if he''s taking the p***.