Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Robinson is the best!!!

Two? Heard he did well tonight and scoring a goal is always a bonus but did he really do that well against Hull? I heard he didn''t really turn up along with half the others.

Sorry but on Saturday he was poor. Tonight he didn''t play too badly but I would still class him as our worst player. 6/10.

I agree fair play to him.  Lets be honest he doesn''t have the ability of safri, but he works hard and does his bit for the team.  Also it''s nice to see a positive post for carl long may it continue.

Defo...sounded like a quality goal. We''ll need a chant for him at this rate.

I understand the frustration with certain players, especially if you watch them at the ground and feel they aren''t pulling their weight - it''s easy to start to slate them. I remember watching Malky on New Year''s Day a couple of years ago - he was terrible, and to be honest hung over and was subbed at half time - but from other fans I understand he was a key player! I don''t get to many games and when I saw Robinson for  time I wan''t impressed, but I always hope the best for any player (v Preston when no-one turned up) and I''m sure that all the Norwich squad do have a a lot of ability. Every player needs time to settle and I get the impression he does have class and hope he stays in the squad. I wouldn''t like to be judged in my first year in a new job..

Are you SURE? :-P

Anyway it''s good to hear a Norwich played well, maybe for one game or two are still good for us...:)

didnt think it would take long! yes he had a good game last night and its hard for me to say that as many of you know but that doesnt make him a quality player all of a sudden. if he consistently plays like he did last nightthen who knows i MAY even change my opinion of him! on a lighter note i had a conversation with one of my sons about robinson last night and he said he fought to win the ball back every time he gave it away, but then i commented if he didnt give it away he would not have to win it back would he?

I assume you are taking the Micky ? - are you talking about 2 matches since he has been here ?

OK I admit he had a better game last night and for scoring a goal he deserves alot of credit - but for me he shouldn''t be in the starting 11 (and would only be on the bench as cover for injury during the game). Safri showed last night, that although still not as his best he makes the midfield function, he gives shape to the team, he drives the team forward. A central midfield partnership of Robinson/Etuhu has proved on EVERY occasion it is not up to the task.

So yes a better performance, but definately shouldn''t be in the starting 11.

He played better, as did the whole team, but he was dreadful against Hull. I''d say 6/10 for me as he still faids from the game at times.

I''ve yet to see Robinson, Hughes or Etuhu win a tackle and play through a defence splitting pass for Earnie to score like Safri did last night.

No doubt, probably the best player ever to pull on the Norwich shirt... [Y]

[I guess my point to you is trying to figure out who this post is being sarcastic towards...]

But as with 80% of our team he lacks consistency in a big way.

Every team in the League has individuals who have off days, but  the higher percentage of ours are making it a regular occurrence, hence the erraticism in performances & results.

Fortunately, for us, and more so this season than ever, the division we''re in is full of similarly erratic outfits thus enabling us to still be in strong contention for a promotion spot.

I''m hoping that Grant will stick with the 4-4-2, ''cause I''m positive it would garner consistency through stability - we''ve witnessed over & over that crowding the midfield with lack of quality doesn''t work and that the 4-4-2 brings about better individual performances via competition for places.

Robinson scored a goal, so what?

he still gave the ball away, still went missing, still bottled out of tackles and still looked like the weakest link.

just because he scored doesnt make him a better player. By far and away still the poorest player at the club and against better sides he really gets found out!

jas :)

To be fair he was played wide right for most of the game and he was far far better than most of his performances recently.  He was not the worst player on the pitch who was comfortably Etuhu.

im not saying he is pefect he didnt give away the ball much and made a few tackles, his positioning is good and can go 10 mins without a touch he still played well for what he has done, the person behind me who hates robinson said that he played quite well, she hates him!!!

Robinson , one of the best players Worthy ever brought to the club , he has had 8 clubs so far and Worthy was the only one to see his potential , the only one to pay a fee for him ,i think he looks like Steve Gerrard  , Grodbrardbv -grordgddrdry , Sorry my tongue got caught up in my cheek , must sort it out before you want to know more.

Remember a day spent out of norfolk ii a day wasted