Sign in to follow this  
Cluck

Delia's Legacy?

Much is said in the political world about ''legacies'' relating to a President or Prime Minister''s time in office.

What then is Delia Smith''s legacy should she walk away from the club tomorrow? Forgetting the ''PR myth'' that she saved Norwich City from extinction.......what tangible benefit do we have currently, that we didn''t have when she arrived on the scene?

I have my views which are maybe well known...[:)]....but can anyone produce any evidence of progress on the pitch or of the way the club is run covering the last 10 years?......... 

PR Myth - her legacy are people like you unfortunately. People who once tasted the honey let the suger go straight to their heads and loose touch with reality!

Six seasons ago people were happy to avoid relegation from this league and knew the financial limits of this club. Now when things have improved they not only don''t recognise it but want to know why there is no £7million+ war chest with which to spend on a brand new sqaud.

You want to know what Delias legacy would be? I suggest you research EXACTLY what she has done for this club and then, just then perhaps you will realise that when people "create" this so called "PR Myth" they are not referring to the moment that the club was taken over in the immediate aftermath of Chase jumping ship.

Remember Cedric Anselin? Remember all of those times when they met the fans generosity with their own? Where both her and her partner have put money into this club and not expected a penny of it back? Or the money they put in to help sign Huckerby? Getting us back to the premiership! The play off final! Above all else helping to prevent this club from sliding down the leagues!

Call it a "myth" if you like but I am afraid myths are formed around tales that may well be rooted in fact but time and many tellers have lost.

This can therefore not be a myth as the facts are there and lay bare to be seen by anybody. To be honest Cluck you sum up a lot of people that didn''t exhist before the premiership season - it seems that you are not able to remember anything before it that acurately at all. You don''t care about other peoples opinions, our own fans opinions and your response is to suggest they are blind or being falsely led. And quite a few of us have had enough.

I respect your opinion when you actually state it, and when it isn''t accompanied by insults either obvious or subtle. But one thing that this club does need to be is progressive and I am afraid that a section of the fans have recently ceased to be "supporters" as in the case of Wolves and just how long has it taken them to turn things around even with a large-ish war chest every season?

Want to ask and at the same time question other peoples opinions? Why don''t you lay yours on the line also?

Chicken: "One thing this club does need to be is progressive".  For whatever reason, since relegation there simply hasn''t been any progress, in fact quite the opposite, and 25,000 shiny happy people holding hands won''t change that.  It''s more likely to spur the board into enlarging the City Stand than invest in enlarging the squad.

The fact that we were one of the most profitable clubs in the Championship last season may give you a warm glow, Chicken.  It may be what you call "positive", but it makes me sick.  If we''d spent that money on players, we''d have stood a much better chance of finishing in the top six WHERE WE BELONG.  We had a paper-thin squad last season too.  And instead of letting Gordon Brown cream off £600,000 tax on our profits we could have used it to pay off Worthy''s contract . . . except that we might not have needed to . . .

What planet are you on?  Where do you think we belong?

[quote user="cluck_the_positive"]

Much is said in the political world about ''legacies'' relating to a President or Prime Minister''s time in office.

What then is Delia Smith''s legacy should she walk away from the club tomorrow? Forgetting the ''PR myth'' that she saved Norwich City from extinction.......what tangible benefit do we have currently, that we didn''t have when she arrived on the scene?

I have my views which are maybe well known...[:)]....but can anyone produce any evidence of progress on the pitch or of the way the club is run covering the last 10 years?......... 

[/quote] are you joking or just trying to start another boring argument here .

[quote user="chicken"]

PR Myth - her legacy are people like you unfortunately. People who once tasted the honey let the suger go straight to their heads and loose touch with reality!

Six seasons ago people were happy to avoid relegation from this league and knew the financial limits of this club. Now when things have improved they not only don''t recognise it but want to know why there is no £7million+ war chest with which to spend on a brand new sqaud.

You want to know what Delias legacy would be? I suggest you research EXACTLY what she has done for this club and then, just then perhaps you will realise that when people "create" this so called "PR Myth" they are not referring to the moment that the club was taken over in the immediate aftermath of Chase jumping ship.

Remember Cedric Anselin? Remember all of those times when they met the fans generosity with their own? Where both her and her partner have put money into this club and not expected a penny of it back? Or the money they put in to help sign Huckerby? Getting us back to the premiership! The play off final! Above all else helping to prevent this club from sliding down the leagues!

Call it a "myth" if you like but I am afraid myths are formed around tales that may well be rooted in fact but time and many tellers have lost.

This can therefore not be a myth as the facts are there and lay bare to be seen by anybody. To be honest Cluck you sum up a lot of people that didn''t exhist before the premiership season - it seems that you are not able to remember anything before it that acurately at all. You don''t care about other peoples opinions, our own fans opinions and your response is to suggest they are blind or being falsely led. And quite a few of us have had enough.

I respect your opinion when you actually state it, and when it isn''t accompanied by insults either obvious or subtle. But one thing that this club does need to be is progressive and I am afraid that a section of the fans have recently ceased to be "supporters" as in the case of Wolves and just how long has it taken them to turn things around even with a large-ish war chest every season?

Want to ask and at the same time question other peoples opinions? Why don''t you lay yours on the line also?

[/quote]

I may not have ''existed'' on this board Chicken....but I''ve existed as a City fan through thick and thin since 1962. Miles out on that one.

Insults?  Not me....only maybe in reply to inane accusations from snipers who jump in with no discussion...only point scoring.

The ''Saviour Myth''....read Mystic Megson who knows the ''whole story'' and explains it perfectly. The myth was pure ''spin'' to get the adoring fans on board....not so unlike Mr. Grant''s superlative ''Great to be home'' comment. It works for some...but not for me.

The question was a very straight and simple one....seeking straight and constructive answers. You just threw mud around as usual to make up for the lack of substance. Lets have some hard facts..........

I started supporting in 1996 (about the age where you do get fully into football). Saw lots of the decent players go, replaced by poor players. Attendances and quality of football fall. Financial situation getting into problems. Delia comes in. Breath of fresh air. Passion. Things improve under worthington. We get to the play-offs, promotion. She has done a great job. Gives our club an identity. I wouldn''t want her to be replaced unless we got a chairman who was equally passionate (don''t anyone say abromvich isn''t he goes to every chelsea game home and away) but who could invest in us financially. We should be in the premiership. But so too claim 20 odd clubs in the championship and a couple in league 1.

[quote user="Fellas"]I started supporting in 1996 (about the age where you do get fully into football). Saw lots of the decent players go, replaced by poor players. Attendances and quality of football fall. Financial situation getting into problems. Delia comes in. Breath of fresh air. Passion. Things improve under worthington. We get to the play-offs, promotion. She has done a great job. Gives our club an identity. I wouldn''t want her to be replaced unless we got a chairman who was equally passionate (don''t anyone say abromvich isn''t he goes to every chelsea game home and away) but who could invest in us financially. We should be in the premiership. But so too claim 20 odd clubs in the championship and a couple in league 1.[/quote]

Passionate? Are you having a laugh? What''s so passionate about settling for mid-table every year? Is our club being a laughing stock a breath of fresh air for you? In the old days, Norwich were respected amongst opponents and their fans. Now they just take the p***- all of them.

The sooner she clears off and we get rid of this image that so many of you are quite happy to us tagged with, the better.

Legacy? I think we will have to see when they walk away what sort of state the football club is in to judge on the "Legacy" they leave but at the momment and for some years Norwich City P.L.C. has forgoten it is a FOOTBALL club! For far too long FOOTBALL has been well down the list of priorities at Carrow Rd.

[quote user="cluck_the_positive"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

I may not have ''existed'' on this board Chicken....but I''ve existed as a City fan through thick and thin since 1962. Miles out on that one.

Insults?  Not me....only maybe in reply to inane accusations from snipers who jump in with no discussion...only point scoring.

The ''Saviour Myth''....read Mystic Megson who knows the ''whole story'' and explains it perfectly. The myth was pure ''spin'' to get the adoring fans on board....not so unlike Mr. Grant''s superlative ''Great to be home'' comment. It works for some...but not for me.

The question was a very straight and simple one....seeking straight and constructive answers. You just threw mud around as usual to make up for the lack of substance. Lets have some hard facts..........

[/quote]

I think you will find I asked YOU for your hard facts first. Again you accuse me of making no points which I have made many.

1) This "myth" you talk of is your own creation. When people say that Delia helped (and yes read that as helped) to save this club, she was one of many but the one that invested the most money therefore taking the biggest risk. You suggest that the myth is wrong purely because she didn''t buy her shares at the point or straight after Chases departure. That does not mean she has not helped this club to progress since then with the money she has invested.

2) You claim that there has been no progression? What would you call going from relegation contenders to promotion hopefuls? Sure the were dark days before that when NCFC as a company was being built up and repaired after it had fallen apart and where progress was hard to be seen on the pitch as a direct result.

3) I questioned you length of moaning not you length of being classed as a Norwich Fan. If you had any conviction about the way you feel you would have been complaining long before this season or the season we were promoted. But its my guess that you didn''t have a problem with the play-off final or with promotion or with much of the premiership season. Please do tell where your long seated issues lie with this club?!

There are more facts that can counter your weak arguments. All I am suggesting is that rather than question a "myth" created to try and undermine another opinion which actually does have substantial facts behind it come up with something other than opinion if you are going to ask for more than that from others.

To be honest Cluck I am afraid that if I am guilty of lacking facts to create conviction so are you.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Chicken: "One thing this club does need to be is progressive".  For whatever reason, since relegation there simply hasn''t been any progress, in fact quite the opposite, and 25,000 shiny happy people holding hands won''t change that.  It''s more likely to spur the board into enlarging the City Stand than invest in enlarging the squad.

The fact that we were one of the most profitable clubs in the Championship last season may give you a warm glow, Chicken.  It may be what you call "positive", but it makes me sick.  If we''d spent that money on players, we''d have stood a much better chance of finishing in the top six WHERE WE BELONG.  We had a paper-thin squad last season too.  And instead of letting Gordon Brown cream off £600,000 tax on our profits we could have used it to pay off Worthy''s contract . . . except that we might not have needed to . . .

What planet are you on?  Where do you think we belong?

[/quote]

Ok fair questions raised without to much insult deserve some answers.

What you question Megson is the last 18 months or so. Its hard to say whether Grant is progress on Worthington but most of those making themselves heard outside the ground often complained that he was never honest and lacked passion and should be prepared to blame the players when they deserve it. In all fairness pretty much all of the things that Worthy was accused of not doing Grant has done. That may not lead to progress on the pitch although winning 1-0 at Brum and Cardiff could be suggested as some sort of progress at least.

With so much unrest is it really that hard to believe that the club has not invested more money into the squad under Worthington? As many people pointed out he brought in a fair few players last season and nothing seemed to improve even if we did see glimpses of their quality.

As for where we belong? We have no more right to "belong" in the premiership than the 20 teams already there and the 24 teams who started this season with asperations of being there.

If I may, I will ask a question. If we belong in the premiership do the following teams deserve to be there more or less: Derby, Leeds, Southampon, Birmingham, West Brom? There are others but those will do for now.

Ofcourse I would love my team to be in the premiership - its the best league in the world in many respects, but I don''t think it is as simple as pumping large amounts of money into a team, especially at this level.

People think Chelsea as a good example, they are a bad example. How much did they pay for Crespo, for Kezman and Duff and most recently Shevchenko? How much did Man U pay for Forlan or for Taibe? Ofcourse we can not expect that calibre of player at this level but people seem to imagine that getting in a great manager and great players is a piece of cake.

Before we were promoted we we managing to survive both financially and in terms of league positioning because of good club and team management. The club was making enough to provide something in the way of transfer funds and to his credit for the most part Worthington was bringing in players at least good enough for this level. Whether you agree with that or not it got us to the premiership.

Since the premiership the board has still got to make the bank balance, ofcourse it has money for players - it has made sure of that by looking at ways of increasing the profit that this club makes on an anual basis. Delia and Michael are not the sort of millionaires that can throw tens if not hundreds of millions of pounds at the club otherwise don''t you think they would have loaned the £15million?

Its hard to judge any legacy until that period is complete. 

Have we progressed?   Since when?  When she first invested?   Yes - the club is probably in a better position since then,  since the pre promotion season?  probably unchanged,  since promotion?  Duh -worse off,  since relegation,  worse off too. 

At the moment we dont know what the end position is - that is the time to assess her legacy, and it has to be over the full period.   At the moment my summary would be reshaped the club delivering one season in the prem during a period when the fans had lost hope of any promotion and were more focused on relegation.   Since promotion the game has changed and the club has not yet come to terms with the altered rules.  Overall better now than when she joined.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Its hard to judge any legacy until that period is complete. 

Have we progressed?   Since when?  When she first invested?   Yes - the club is probably in a better position since then,  since the pre promotion season?  probably unchanged,  since promotion?  Duh -worse off,  since relegation,  worse off too. 

At the moment we dont know what the end position is - that is the time to assess her legacy, and it has to be over the full period.   At the moment my summary would be reshaped the club delivering one season in the prem during a period when the fans had lost hope of any promotion and were more focused on relegation.   Since promotion the game has changed and the club has not yet come to terms with the altered rules.  Overall better now than when she joined.

[/quote]

My opinion known there is no reason to state it but would you say the club has progressed financially as well as performance in the league tables?

Chicken,

Like far too many supporters you seem far to content admiring the emperor’s new togs and pay little regard to the facts that underpin Smith & Jones tenure of our club

Shortly I will have a set of accounts from Companies House with the balance sheet worth of the club when they acquired their shares from Geoffrey Watling.  Importantly there were other potential; buyers at the time which once again the faithful seem far to keen to ignore.

In the following decade the money invested into the club has been predominantly by way of loans in exchange for shares which of course give them overall control of the club.  Add to this the rapidly inflating balance sheet due mainly to the rising value of land and property assets owned by the club and surely the question that must be asked is exactly how benevolent does this make them?

Soon we will have the joy of a well managed AGM with a bunch of questions taken from the faithful, one of which must surely be you?

You may buy into their regime but be assured there are several of us with a commercial mind who deal in such matters on a  daily basis who do not.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Fellas"]I started supporting in 1996 (about the age where you do get fully into football). Saw lots of the decent players go, replaced by poor players. Attendances and quality of football fall. Financial situation getting into problems. Delia comes in. Breath of fresh air. Passion. Things improve under worthington. We get to the play-offs, promotion. She has done a great job. Gives our club an identity. I wouldn''t want her to be replaced unless we got a chairman who was equally passionate (don''t anyone say abromvich isn''t he goes to every chelsea game home and away) but who could invest in us financially. We should be in the premiership. But so too claim 20 odd clubs in the championship and a couple in league 1.[/quote]

Passionate? Are you having a laugh? What''s so passionate about settling for mid-table every year? Is our club being a laughing stock a breath of fresh air for you? In the old days, Norwich were respected amongst opponents and their fans. Now they just take the p***- all of them.

The sooner she clears off and we get rid of this image that so many of you are quite happy to us tagged with, the better.

[/quote]

Better than being bottom of div 1 when we used to lose every away game and lose to teams like Port Vale and Grimbsy and Bristol Rovers (no offence to supporters of those teams).

I don''t see as a laughing stock. I don''t think baggie fans go hahahahaha Norwich are Sh*t before they play us. Don''t think many teams travel to carrow road planing for 3 points. Yes it''s not like 2/3 years ago like zipper said when we used to win every home game but seriously is the team as good as back then and if it is, it''s certainly the managers job to make them play well. She has little control about what worthington put on the pitch and has little say now that grant is in command. She doesn''t pick the team. She does however invest when we need it, Huckerby etc.  Some people seem to forget how much she did for this club like worthington did. It is unfair to say she has done nothing when she has been such a good owner, investor and fan to this club.

One final thing. Who would you rather own our club. Ken bates, Sam Hamman or Delia? I know who i''d pick hands down.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="cluck_the_positive"][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you will find I asked YOU for your hard facts first. Again you accuse me of making no points which I have made many.

1) This "myth" you talk of is your own creation. When people say that Delia helped (and yes read that as helped) to save this club, she was one of many but the one that invested the most money therefore taking the biggest risk. You suggest that the myth is wrong purely because she didn''t buy her shares at the point or straight after Chases departure. That does not mean she has not helped this club to progress since then with the money she has invested.

2) You claim that there has been no progression? What would you call going from relegation contenders to promotion hopefuls? Sure the were dark days before that when NCFC as a company was being built up and repaired after it had fallen apart and where progress was hard to be seen on the pitch as a direct result.

3) I questioned you length of moaning not you length of being classed as a Norwich Fan. If you had any conviction about the way you feel you would have been complaining long before this season or the season we were promoted. But its my guess that you didn''t have a problem with the play-off final or with promotion or with much of the premiership season. Please do tell where your long seated issues lie with this club?!

There are more facts that can counter your weak arguments. All I am suggesting is that rather than question a "myth" created to try and undermine another opinion which actually does have substantial facts behind it come up with something other than opinion if you are going to ask for more than that from others.

To be honest Cluck I am afraid that if I am guilty of lacking facts to create conviction so are you.

[/quote]

So chicken...you can''t even address the original question can you? It''s a straight forward thread asking for reasonable comment on Delia''s Legacy.....but as usual all you can do is trot out the same old dribble about me and other posters.  Don''t you have a standpoint of your own?  Don''t you have anything substantial to say?

If you wish to defend DS....do it by all means....but don''t try to brow beat those of us who won''t buckle under to your venom. It just makes you look very short on hard facts.....and very full of resentment that you can''t have everything your own way on here these days.............

Cluck,

Apart from an increased gate from an average of 15,000 to 24,000 and, whatever you say, I don''t remember people in 96/97 thinking we were even going to survive in this league let alone that we should be in the top six - apart from this, you are right, no change![;)] 

That''s an excellent point MD''s Perm and it''s also Worthy''s legacy as well.  Delia has done a great deal for this club BUT (and it''s a big one I''m afraid) in no walk of life should where you were a decade ago be a barometer as to where you want to be going from today.  Being worried about relegation in 96/97 is exactly that and has absolutely no bearing on whether or not we (as a club) should be looking for promotion this season.  Under this sort of logic, should Wigan suffer back to back relegation, the fans should be happy because they are still better off than they were ten years ago.  It’s all relative to now, not then.

I like Delia, she does care about the club and that is undervalued a lot.  I do however feel that she and the board are guilty of stagnating since the day we won this league and have far to often failed to be proactive and have simply reacted to situations too late.  At the moment her legacy is diminishing and it would be sad to see it diminish further if the club get left behind in January.

Cluck, you must be a politician.  Every time someone asks you a question, you avoid answering it completely and ask another question instead.  You also conveniently ignore any points that are stated that do not conform to your way of thinking and dismiss them as ''venom'' or ''name calling'' etc..  I fail to see in chicken''s posts anywhere where there is venom and resentment.  Rather, he has tried to objectively answer your questions while giving his opinion - which is what you asked for in the first place.  If you don''t want to hear the answer, don''t bother asking the question......

What do I think Delia''s legacy will be?  The fact that, against all possible predictions when she took over this club, we spent a season in the premiership and became a profitable football club.  Our place in the football world is upper championship historically - we are one win short of that position right now.  Sure, as joint majority shareholder and a member of the borad of directors, she has made some bad decisions over the course of her tenure, but all in all this club is in a better state now than it was when she took the helm.  Maybe not in terms of league position, but overall it is.

This does not mean that I am an avid Delia supporter, nor do I fall for all the stuff that comes out of Carrow Road, but as far as I am concerned the club is relatively safe hands.  I would prefer more investment in the team, who wouldn''t, but not at the expense of putting the club in danger.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

Cluck, you must be a politician.  Every time someone asks you a question, you avoid answering it completely and ask another question instead.  You also conveniently ignore any points that are stated that do not conform to your way of thinking and dismiss them as ''venom'' or ''name calling'' etc..  I fail to see in chicken''s posts anywhere where there is venom and resentment.  Rather, he has tried to objectively answer your questions while giving his opinion - which is what you asked for in the first place.  If you don''t want to hear the answer, don''t bother asking the question......

What do I think Delia''s legacy will be?  The fact that, against all possible predictions when she took over this club, we spent a season in the premiership and became a profitable football club.  Our place in the football world is upper championship historically - we are one win short of that position right now.  Sure, as joint majority shareholder and a member of the borad of directors, she has made some bad decisions over the course of her tenure, but all in all this club is in a better state now than it was when she took the helm.  Maybe not in terms of league position, but overall it is.

This does not mean that I am an avid Delia supporter, nor do I fall for all the stuff that comes out of Carrow Road, but as far as I am concerned the club is relatively safe hands.  I would prefer more investment in the team, who wouldn''t, but not at the expense of putting the club in danger.

[/quote]

Temp....the point I am making is that the question in the title should be question being answered....not taking pot shots at me. I''ve listed in detail my own views on other threads....and left myself wide open by doing so. Why then can''t the DS supporters do likewise? All I get is excuses and insults, evasion and personal asides.......not that that bothers me I hasten to add.

I invited those who endlessly support DS and the Board to give hard details about the legacy (hypothetical) they feel will be left behind. It''s always the same that when an argument is lost or facts can''t be found...it turns to petty insults or blame on the poster for being ''negative''. That isn''t addressing the issue.....it''s capitulation.

So....what exactly would be the legacy left behind by DS and Co. after 10 years if she walked away tomorrow?.....never mind what another poster may have said. 

Please note Chicken, I never said or even implied that we "belong" in the Premiership.  I said we should be aiming for a top six finish in the Championship.  If we aim to finish in the top six there is an even chance that we will go up to the Premiership.  That''s all.

imo in the current football climate we have the potential to be a yoyo club, but probably not to reestablish ourselves in the top flight for more than a season or two without major financial backing.  Personally I''d grab that with both hands, for both footballing and financial reasons. 

Question: Who''d settle for being a yoyo club, and who''d rather stay where we are rather than face regular doses of relegation as well as promotion?      

Delia has been good and bad for Norwich, but the club is so undemorcratic. I think time is slowly running out for her as both her and the board are not footballing people. The naivety she shows has been taking the club backwards for the past few seasons, so when she goes, it will hopefully be a better day for NCFC in the middle/longer term. Say what you like about Chase, but he wouldn''t of put up with Worthington like Delia did.

Delia is not good P.R for Norwich outside the local area. Tends to be a bit of a joke figure. Some football fans I know across the country tend to see Delia as an old woman who is out of her depth, yet is someone who the ''yocals'' will stand for. And stood for her we have!!!

Cluck - thanks for responding.  Could you point out to me where in chicken''s original response he has taken pot shots at you, where the insults, evasion and personal asides are then?  I believe the question is a difficult one to answer in black and white terms, but IMHO chicken had a decent stab at it, as did I in my post previously.  Perhaps you need to stop being so sensitive if you believe that these are insults aimed at you!

One other question for you - why does everyone have to be pigeon-holed into either ''endlessly supporting DS'' or following your line of thinking?  I would hazard a guess that the majority of people (myself included) would fall somewhere between the two.  All you are doing with antagonistic posts like this is attempt to drive a wedge between the supporters of this football club.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

Cluck - thanks for responding.  Could you point out to me where in chicken''s original response he has taken pot shots at you, where the insults, evasion and personal asides are then?  I believe the question is a difficult one to answer in black and white terms, but IMHO chicken had a decent stab at it, as did I in my post previously.  Perhaps you need to stop being so sensitive if you believe that these are insults aimed at you!

One other question for you - why does everyone have to be pigeon-holed into either ''endlessly supporting DS'' or following your line of thinking?  I would hazard a guess that the majority of people (myself included) would fall somewhere between the two.  All you are doing with antagonistic posts like this is attempt to drive a wedge between the supporters of this football club.

[/quote]

Temp....I think if you care to watch the trail of any post I make....chicken is there pecking. It''s not easy to put yourself out on a limb when you know others are waiting to have a go...but I do it knowing it will create debate. A look at my signature however should show where I''m really at.........[:)]

Re the legacy...I''ve gone on about it elsewhere on here and didn''t think my five eggs were needed again. It is a black and white question and I felt that if others genuinely felt that DS and Co. had done anything to benefit the club long term  ...this would be a place to say it. To date, the list is not impressive.

Regards your question....of course most on here are in that ''grey'' area....but either side of that are those who find the whole question interesting. By bringing out difficult subjects such as DS etc., I think all of us can learn a bit more about what is going on from others....and personally I think Mystic Megson is a mine of information on these matters. I know alot more now by pushing the boundaries and listening to the views of others.......

I''m not so sensitive to comments Temp....infact half the time I invite them. If we don''t look at every angle of this football club in order to understand...how are any of us going to get through the official ''spin'' to discover the facts?  It''s not driving a ''wedge''....and I don''t flatter myself to think this is actually possible....but I do try to get everyone passionate....which hopefully can bring about an appreciation of each other in the end. Nothing should be beyond discussion....and I truly feel the ''saviour'' element of DS has got to be dealt with if we are to find our club''s true indentity again.....and progress. We are only "little old Norwich" if we begin to believe we are....and I think that''s what''s happening.

I''m actually more positive than you might think....but it may not sound that way taken in isolation. I just like calling a spade a spade....even if sometimes it offends. Does that make sense?............[:)]