Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Hotel conspiracy theory!

Perhaps it''s me . . . but it just don''t look much like a hotel somehow.  Does it to you?

If you''re building a hotel it would make sense to publicise it well in advance.  What about a big sign that can be seen from the train?  When is it opening?  What will it be called?

If it''s not a hotel, what IS it . . .???

A brothel?

Isnt it going to be a holiday inn express?  The new one at the old sports village by asda didnt start advertising until it was ready to open - perhaps its just they way they market?   They are very popular with high occupancy rates so maybe promoting it too soon only eats into profit? 

It''s a prison. Any individual that is both highly critical of Delia and Company and entering the ground alone on match day need to watch their backs very carefully. The risk of being whisked into the connecting corridor to the prison is very high. 1st Wizard can already be seen pounding on the "hotel" windows seeking a way out. The only way out is by making a full confession of your sins and reversing your caustic point of view. Wizard should have no problem as he is good at both of these things and should be freed and posting on this message board later today. 

With our overcrowded prison the club has evidently identified the area as a high profit sector. Therefore it is setting up a prison and renting it out to the groverment.

I think it''s a nuclear submarine which will be used to launch trident missiles at all disident fans.....world wide....possibly.

Actually, it''s a detention centre for illegal immegrant males aged between 16 and 30, a sort of last chance saloon where if they can play football well they can stay and play for us.

its where we will be placing a sniper to help us win games by picking off the opposition!

we''ll still somehow lose though

jas :)

It was originally giong to be Delia''s home so that she could drunkenly stumble a short distance to her front door!Let''s be havin yarrrrrrr..........

Does NCFC own it and rent it out to whoever wants it, or is that now the holiday Inn''s land?

If it is the Holiday Inn''s land, then where the money gone?

I really want to take a holiday to Carrow Road, i can imagine the postcard;Hey, i''m in my hotel at Carrow Road.The view is absolutely cripe, the local folk keep clapping outside and i''ve never seen anyone kick a ball as high as this bloke wearing a yellow t-shirt with 27 on it.The food here isnt bad, but the Morrisons across the road is far better.Tara

I think it is a statement of our intent.......

It''s to make the next major shareholder ''feel at home''.........It''s actually constructed with Eastern Blocs.........

Roman, it''s over to you!.......

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

its where we will be placing a sniper to help us win games by picking off the opposition!

we''ll still somehow lose though

[/quote]

Wondered where Tony Martin lives these days . . . .

It''s just like East Germany. There should be some Trabants parked outside, with a few peasants for good measure.

I hope it catches fire one day.

Did the board actually sit down and consider how cr@p it would make the ground look, it''s still not too late to cover it up with a giant screen is it?

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Did the board actually sit down and consider how cr@p it would make the ground look, it''s still not too late to cover it up with a giant screen is it?
[/quote]

As other posters have indicated, the precise relationship between the club and the hotel is not entirely clear.  If, as some have suggested, they simply sold the land then they may have had little or no control over the design,  I think we should be told.

It''s not quite as horrible as those flats behind the River End.  How on earth did they get planning permission?  And calling it "Ashman Bank", what an insult to a great City legend.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Did the board actually sit down and consider how cr@p it would make the ground look, it''s still not too late to cover it up with a giant screen is it?
[/quote]

its far enough away to have a small corner infil constructed too! regular club income or eyesore from which we make no profit? i know what id choose.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Did the board actually sit down and consider how cr@p it would make the ground look, it''s still not too late to cover it up with a giant screen is it?[/quote]

its far enough away to have a small corner infil constructed too! regular club income or eyesore from which we make no profit? i know what id choose.

[/quote]It actually looks so awful jas, I''d rather settle for no profit and have a gap, of course my first choice would be a seated corner infill to match the rest of the stadium.Personally I don''t buy all the spin about the infill not being financially viable, if this was truly the case, how come the other 3 infills were built? how come virtually every club in the highest leagues have built four? it will also be interesting to see how much profit from the hotel actually ends up in the hands of the club, even more interesting to see how much of that is placed in the hands of the manager for new players. Of course we are assuming the hotel will make a profit, if the hotel runs at a loss where will the shortfall come from?

[/quote]

I haven''t seen it but it sounds poor, still a decent enough idea if done properly.

JB, I have tried to send you a PM but noy joy, it just fails to send, anyway did you get my avatar link?

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

I haven''t seen it but it sounds poor, still a decent enough idea if done properly.

JB, I have tried to send you a PM but noy joy, it just fails to send, anyway did you get my avatar link?

[/quote]

To be honest I live overseas so haven''t seen the hotel either but I have seen plenty of pics, this is a link/photo from XXL16 post [hope you don''t mind XL] http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o109/xxl16ncfctrip2006/?action=view&current=newhotel.jpg

No sorry Marty I didn''t get your link or PM, I''m not sure if my email addy is visable here? please feel free to use it if it is, I could certainly do with some visual image replacement after looking at that shocking hotel again!

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be honest I live overseas so haven''t seen the hotel either but I have seen plenty of pics, this is a link/photo from XXL16 post [hope you don''t mind XL] http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o109/xxl16ncfctrip2006/?action=view&current=newhotel.jpg

No sorry Marty I didn''t get your link or PM, I''m not sure if my email addy is visable here? please feel free to use it if it is, I could certainly do with some visual image replacement after looking at that shocking hotel again!

[/quote]

yes, it is a little easter block looking isn''t it? Sent a PM and email, seems to work now

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It actually looks so awful jas, I''d rather settle for no profit and have a gap, of course my first choice would be a seated corner infill to match the rest of the stadium.
Personally I don''t buy all the spin about the infill not being financially viable, if this was truly the case, how come the other 3 infills were built? how come virtually every club in the highest leagues have built four? it will also be interesting to see how much profit from the hotel actually ends up in the hands of the club, even more interesting to see how much of that is placed in the hands of the manager for new players.
 Of course we are assuming the hotel will make a profit, if the hotel runs at a loss where will the shortfall come from?
[/quote]

the reason they said its not "viable" is because the fans would be leaning over and trying to tw*t the away fans. no little cordon if its constructed like the other corner on that stand.

we will make no profit from the hotel.. its Holiday Inns land.. they own the hotel.. they rake in the profit. should they lose money and depart we then have an empty shell tacked onto the ground which will cost a fortune to buy back off them, demolish, and build as a corner etc.

someone at the club needs sacking for this! they really do!

Has anyone got a picture of what its supposed to look like finished?