Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

andy hughes "im going to have your f***ing head off"

he actually said this to a fan on the way down into the tunnel.....the club is in a mess, get worthy out, get hughes out and bring in someone who can MANAGE players

D you feel sorry for him?

Apparently he recated angrily to abuse he was getting from a fan today. Personally I don''t think any player deseves such a high level of abuse.

I''m listening to Canary call too and I was shocked by this statement!

I''ve never liked Andy Hughes but I imagine Worthington doesn''t help!

(As the Burnley fan just said on Canary call, This is the worst Norwich squad ever!)

That''s what I''m asking!Radio Norfolk have just said the statement from the board was to confirm there was an incident between Hughes and a fan. "The matter is being looked into and being dealt with internally."

in a way, yes i do feel sorry for him as he has got a torrid load of abuse and i imagine the ''fan'' said something unsavoury (ala zidane), but a professional footballer CANNOT react in that way and i know its not the end of the world but it could be considered as a ''threat'' and is not necessary...reading fans did mention he had a short temper prior to arriving

Vince............ "The matter is being looked into and being dealt with internally."

Yes....I hope they shove something massive up his A**e!

I was about 3 feet away from the incident. I didn''t here first hand what the bloke shouted at Hughes and am not prepared to speculate - but Hughes reaction was absolutely disgraceful. I appreciate he takes some flak but at the end of the day he is a professional footballer. In my view he should never play for NCFC again

Had a horrible feeling that Worthington would throw Hughes on and that he would get slaughtered.  I think Hughes is a poor player but gets far more stick than lots of the other rubbish masquerading as City first-teamers.

I feel a bit sorry for Hughes in that it isnt all his fault, and it isnt his fault that he isnt good enough. However, Worthy was getting far more stick than hughes yet he has remained dignified. Hughes should realise that the fans pay his wages and that they are entitled to their opinion. However fans should not  go over the top with their criticm of individual players and  i hope what the fan said didnt merit Hughes'' ugly reaction.

I don''t know what people expect. Yes he is professional but the amount of personal abuse the poor bloke has been singled out for is nothing short of disgraceful!! I have quite often been ashamed to be a City fan at points due to this. Everybody has a breaking point, and I guess we saw today where his is. 

PRUDENCE 4 AMBITION 1

After todays disgusting spectacle of so called football, its all too easy to fall into the trap of blaming Worthington 100% again and allowing the other motley bunch to escape into the ether as per usual. We all know, those of us with any sense anyway, that Worthington is a beaten man, bereft of ideas, respect or enthusiasm. This tawdry junta that neither backs or sacks their man, but leaves him hanging in some sort of limbo, where he is thrown to the increasingly angry and desperate wolves every week, should start to shoulder their fair share of the blame. Wheres the money? Wheres the backing? wheres the leadership? Then we come to the players. Using the term as loosley as possible. Huckerby, stand aside, you were immense. Half fit you may have been, but you are a true Canary, doing your bit for the ''gaffer'' and your adopted City. Earnshaw, join Huckerby, lots of running, and a good goal. you are exonerated. The rest of the unmitigated trash we sometimes call a team, is unfit for purpose. Totally lacking in moral fibre, courage or proffessional pride, and a disgrace to the shirt, of which i am so proud. when, eventually, Nigel is asked to leave by spineless and co. we are going to be left with the worst squad of players the club has ever known. I wonder how many of them could look the manager in the eye on the way off. Thanks for the effort ''lads''. as for attacking the fans. Why should we expect any less from Carrow road these days? The place is a nest of vipers.    

There is only so much a man can take. I dont blame him at all. I would of done the same?

I know he is a professional, we pay wages ets usual boring stuff but at the end of the day he is only HUMAN like all of us!!

Fair play Hughesy

The treatment of Andy Hughes has been disgusting. I completely understand his reaction. I''d love to see Martin Hunter keep Hughes in the side and prove a few people wrong.

I wouldn''t go that far but I totally understand Hughes''s reaction.He''s been made the scapegoat for last season for far too long.

Ok,so he''s crap,but its not his fault that the club wanted to sign him.He tries 100% , thats obvious.Blame the coaches that couldn''t improve him and the manager who kept on picking him..

Hughes is a good bloke whi gives 100% (unfortunately Worthy couldn''t get the best out of £500''000 buy) I saw a bloke complaining to Police and Steward after the incident and would have enjoyed Hughes getting stuck into the Muppet - shame PG was there to intervene

i think that the club should get  rid of andy hughes as he should rise above the abuse,he showed no sportsmanship and was totaly unprofessional.wat a suprise being under a manager with no passion or leadership skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!here to the future ncfc 

[quote user="charlies dad"]

PRUDENCE 4 AMBITION 1

After todays disgusting spectacle of so called football, its all too easy to fall into the trap of blaming Worthington 100% again and allowing the other motley bunch to escape into the ether as per usual. We all know, those of us with any sense anyway, that Worthington is a beaten man, bereft of ideas, respect or enthusiasm. This tawdry junta that neither backs or sacks their man, but leaves him hanging in some sort of limbo, where he is thrown to the increasingly angry and desperate wolves every week, should start to shoulder their fair share of the blame. Wheres the money? Wheres the backing? wheres the leadership? Then we come to the players. Using the term as loosley as possible. Huckerby, stand aside, you were immense. Half fit you may have been, but you are a true Canary, doing your bit for the ''gaffer'' and your adopted City. Earnshaw, join Huckerby, lots of running, and a good goal. you are exonerated. The rest of the unmitigated trash we sometimes call a team, is unfit for purpose. Totally lacking in moral fibre, courage or proffessional pride, and a disgrace to the shirt, of which i am so proud. when, eventually, Nigel is asked to leave by spineless and co. we are going to be left with the worst squad of players the club has ever known. I wonder how many of them could look the manager in the eye on the way off. Thanks for the effort ''lads''. as for attacking the fans. Why should we expect any less from Carrow road these days? The place is a nest of vipers.    

[/quote]

I was planning on writing something similar CD but you have done it for me. We need a new manager who is going to sit these players down and drum a bit of sense and respect into them, not only for the club but for themselves.

Mark .Y.

The "fan" told Hughes he was the worst City player to pull on the yellow shirt in the history of the club, and finished with the most offensive swearword any of us know. I''m so disapointed some of us feel the need to victimise Hughes. I know he''s been crap for us, and so does he. Do we really need to boo him with such enthusiasm when he comes on? I don''t blame the guy one bit for losing it today. If someone called me a **** I''d want to have his f***ing head off too.

I can''t believe some of the comments on here standing up for what Hughes did today - obviously all those of you who said that didn''t see the incident at close quarters.

His reaction (to whatever may have been said) was a total and utter disgrace - he should never play for Norwich again.

[quote user="Pieman"]The "fan" told Hughes he was the worst City player to pull on the yellow shirt in the history of the club, and finished with the most offensive swearword any of us know. I''m so disapointed some of us feel the need to victimise Hughes. I know he''s been crap for us, and so does he. Do we really need to boo him with such enthusiasm when he comes on? I don''t blame the guy one bit for losing it today. If someone called me a **** I''d want to have his f***ing head off too.[/quote]

If that is true, it is shocking.  Lousy end to a pretty lousy day.