Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

e mail doncaster!

have e mailed him but no doubt i will get the usual reply! give him time, injuries, etc!!! spineless thats what they are.

I''ve also e-mailed him.

Hi Neil,

The time is quarter to 6, and an hour ago I was grateful to hear the final whistle in the biggest piece of dross I have ever come to know as a Norwich City fan in my 15 years of support, and that is Nigel Worthington''s "management" of yet another abysmal, pathetic, humiliating, diabolical away day showing. I ask you, as I''m sure many others have, what are the club''s expectations this season? Surely it should only be one thing - promotion. In my opinion, not to mention thousands upon thousands of my fellow fans, we will not be getting promotion, or anywhere near, should the current manager remain in his position.

I want to know the boards stance on this. Is Nigel under pressure? He bloody well should be. I and every other fan wants to hear the board speak out. We are not stupid. We have seen the team underperform for over 2 years now, especially away and to a lesser extent at home. This can''t go on, surely? It''s about time the board spoke up.

To borrow a famous line...

"Let''s be ''avin you"

Thank you and I eagerly await your response,

Regards,

Alex Sutton

Here''s my effort...

Neil,

its been said previously that we would learn the lessons from last season however, although like many statements from the club (big push this year, we''ll sign 3 player, prudence with ambition, best fans in the world etc) we should have realised a certain amount of proverbial smoke was being blown up our proverbial behinds.

Looking at these items below I''d question what lessons actually had been learnt

1. we are still unable to put performances together away from home

2. we are still in the bottom half of the table, we are now below Ipswich who have an inexperienced manager and not two brass farthings to rub together.

3. we still apparently are completely reliant on Darren Huckerby

4. one of our more gifted players is still out of contact in the summer (Huckerby compared with McVeigh last year)

5. the fans are still in open revolt (have a look at the message boards today)

6. we still have a squad too small to cope with one or 2 injuries in key areas

7. we still are unable to attract players to the club of sufficient quality

8. we still have a manager who considers himself to be under no pressure (today''s post match interview)

9. we still have a key striker who may well decides that his future lies elsewhere come January (Earnshaw''s ambition goes beyond finishing mid-bottom of the table in the championship.

10. we still have a board who are unprepared to state publicly what they see as an acceptable performance target, the perception being lots of prudence, very little ambition

11. we still have a manager who at any other club would have been long gone, and seems himself not to learn from his mistakes, early goals conceded, substitutions left too late (Palace at home), underperforming players persevered with, youth not rewarded when playing well (Ryan Jarvis scored 2 goals in the week his reward is to be dropped, the result a 3-0 reverse).

The board need to understand from a business perspective this situation has now become untenable, fans will start to stay away, the protests will return, many of us will stop spending money in the shop and bars, and ultimately the board themselves will come under pressure to resign the longer their support continues for our present managers.

Get the fans reunited, sack Worthington, give the job to Curbishly or take a punt on and ''up and coming manager'', sure its no guarantee for success, but leaving things unchanged is a guarantee for failure.

The reasons why Worthy should be sacked have little to do with todays game.

Todays game was just a symptom of a much larger disease.

Can people post the reply''s they get if and when Doncaster reply''s.

I won''t e-mail him tonight because i think the more e-mails he gets the less likely he is to reply with anything substantial. I think Doncaster is good for the club, very accesible but probably under too much pressure from the board to be pro worthy. It isnt his fault, and the decision lies with the whole board although i do confess to having e-mailed him twice last year.  It will be interesting to see what he has to say. Anyway, if he calls us a minority all you have to to is send him a link of this messageboard.

Heres my attempt:

Neil,

I am absolutely nullified to hear that Nigel Worthington feels under no pressure! What sort of an outfit are you running there? We are playing Championship football against inferior opposition week in week out. Yet are the one team in this division that almost (thats a very small almost) guarantees 3 points to the opposition in 50% of our matches (Remember Millwall?)

We are able to field some of the best and most expensive players in this Division and yet the results are pathetic! You have a fantastic fan base, one which I am proud to be part of! I have never felt in my 20 years of following this club so helpless and unrespected. You are seriously putting the future of this club into an almost insane belief in one man, one man that has 2 years (soon to be 3) of failings! This away record must be the worst in the history of the club and probably would be most others and yet still nothing?

I will remain a NCFC fan as I am proud to be one, however I assure you as someone that drives 220 miles to home games that my support and others is wearing thin. A support that you can no longer take for granted. We are sick to death of the spin and excuses that comes out in the clubs statements!  Prudence with Ambition is a great statement, although it is becoming a statement to laugh at? I believe that statements were made by the club about following Charlton as a role model on which to base the club! Well I dont know if you have noticed? but the man on which that model was built is looking for a job (His CV is a damn sight more impressive than the man you currently have in charge)

I am not one to complain at bad food or much in life at all, however what you are serving up at this present time is poor and has a bad taste to it! For this reason, I would like to make a complaint to the management! It is now time for answers and action, to the many that give you such a great club! We are proud to be Norwich FC and always will be! Myself and others around me have given this club and manager more than enough support and his failings are now clear for all to see! I am afraid Neil that it is time to act and end this Insane belief in one man and start again! I for one will respect you more win or lose! I am sure many more also support and follow my statement!

Lets make this club great again!

I just hope enough of us make them take note!

Dear Neil,

I am sure that you are a very busy man reading through a pile of mails so I will keep this short.

I have been a loyal fan for two decades; however I am now withdrawing any support for this club and will not return until Nigel Worthington has been removed.

You are running this club as a business, and I am impressed with many of the initiatives undertaken in the last few years. I am afraid however that the core of the business is in big trouble and you need to act to resolve this. Nigel is not the man to turn this around and is out of his depth. His main strength is his resilience and he will not walk away from this. You need to end this for the team, fans and for Nigel

I have also studied for an MBA and hope that what you are learning is that the customer is king. The product you are offering is sub-standard and you are losing your customer base. Without customers you have nothing.

Please do not take the time to respond to this mail. Please spend the time saving this club

Email sent:

Pardon my language Mr Doncaster but the Plymouth result was absolutely ridiculous. Worthington has shown us that he can no longer run the team effectively! Dropping the likes of Eagle and Jarvis seems stupid but when an out of form McVeigh replaces Eagle, you start to wonder what''s going on?

I am not one to complain but it can''t have missed your attention that Alan Curbishley is available. I know Worthington has been loyal but it''s time for change. Curbishley is the man to make Norwich into the new Charlton. Yes by releasing Worthington, it will cost you but think in the long term, if we become a mid table Premiership under curbishley, think how better our finance position would be!!!

Worthy has been good getting us up into the premiership but he seems like a spent force now and you have to act now!

Worthy Out, Curbishley In

Tom

P.S. Also something that you may be aware of, when we were in the premiership, Curbishley made many comparisons between Charlton and Norwich, for some reason I think Curbishley would love the challenge of Norwich, you must act soon because if this form keeps going, good managers may have been snapped up! Thank you for listening and I hope to hear a reply from you soon

Here''s mine:

Dear Mr Doncaster,

Yet again the loyal supporters of Norwich City Football Club have been subjected to another spineless performance away from home at Plymouth this afternoon.

It therefore beggars belief that Mr Worthington, when interviewed on Radio Norfolk after the match, says that he feels under no pressure.

First of all this is an insult to the supporters who travelled great distances to the match today at significant personal cost to themselves.

I understand that the team and management flew back to Norwich after the match. Personally, I would have left them in Plymouth to make their own way home as the supporters have had to do. One suspects that given the direction in which the manager is leading the team they would have ended up in Cornwall.

Secondly it is a damning indictment of you and the rest of the board that you continue to employ a manager who has sadly lost his way over the last two years.

Mr Doncaster: a change in team management at Norwich City Football Club is long overdue. It is up to you and the other board members to demonstrate the leadership that has been lacking both on and off the pitch for some time and do what it necessary. I fear that if things are left to continue down the current path unchecked then the protests that took place outside the ground last season will re-appear inside the ground this season. It would be particularly sad if this were to happen in front of a live TV audience next weekend.

The ball is in your court. Please do what is necessary for the club to move forward again.

Best regards,

Phil Henry

(Loyal supporter for 35 years, season ticket holder and shareholder)

[quote user="Ramrod"]Or, alternatively, how about p!ss!ng in the wind.[/quote]

Maybe Ramrod, but just a walk out (or rather non attendance) may not be enough;  the greater the variety and frequency of any type of protest the more likely the board will take notice.  So email, and shout and dont attend and dont spend will have a comulative effect.

One problem is if I dont turn up to games they already have my money and the only person missing out is me, as the cost of each game I attend increases and I miss out on the pleasure of seeing the regular fans around me, if struggling to enjoy the game, its a community as well as sporting thing. That community thing extends to coming on here and either praising or moaning about what we have seen. 

Taking coppers out of the club is a strong tactic but just someting I personally struggle to come to terms with - while I strongly want the manager changed I am not sure I want to be part of potentially financially crippling my club; however I woudl encourage others to take this stance if they can;  its just something I struggle with;   doesnt mean I am a door mat though.

Another idea could be to leave mid game - if enough numbers did it silently it would send a powerful message.

However I suspect the traditional vocal protest, last seen at WBA and Leeds will be the first choice...  

Zipper you are a venerated poster so I will respect your view but beg to differ. I believe in short term pain for long term gain.

[quote user="Ramrod"]Zipper you are a venerated poster so I will respect your view but beg to differ. I believe in short term pain for long term gain.[/quote]

No veneration requested nor deserved - like everyone else I just give my thoughts.

My worry is that with this board just how long is short term???  My addiction starts craving a visit to Carra Rud if I go 3 wks without a visit... 

Happy to disagree but also hope you can get supporters for your cause.  If only I could get rid of that bit of my conscience (sp)

I have just had the below reply from neil doncaster.

Start ringing.

thanks for your email Chris. if you''d like to discuss your views, i can be reached on my office number (01603 218 707)

OTBC
Neil

i sent....

Hi there,

norwich city have become a team of pathetic losers, please get rid of the
biggest one -Nigel Worthington, 6 wins in god knows how many away games,
absolutely disgraceful.
Can you please explain as to why we cant win away? Think of those 800 fans
who travelled all that way for nothing, hang on less than
nothing....arrgghhh im soo angry

and he replied..

thanks for your email.  if you''d like to discuss your views, i can be reached on
my office number (01603 218 707)

i do feel truly sorry for all of our loyal supporters who travelled so far to
support their team with so little to show for it

OTBC
Neil

Neil

I know you are probably being bombarded right now, so I will not write a huge essay.  It is however, quite right that you should be bombarded, as should the other board members, for the complete lack of leadership being shown off the pitch.

Last season I emailed you to tell you how unhappy I was with the way Nigel Worthington was running our team.  It is now six months later, and what has changed? 

Nothing at all.

Other clubs are taking the big decisions, and changing their managers.  It is time for you and the other board members to sack Nigel Worthington and appoint an experienced manager.  To head off any response about other ''experienced'' managers being sacked, Nigel Worthington could very easily go to another club and do a good job, but his time here is over.  He has run out of ideas and stagnated, as people do in many jobs.  Bryan Robson was sacked, but he could be succesful here.  It is about making a decisive CHANGE.

Even QPR have appointed John Gregory!

Ipswich, with their ''rookie'' manager, and similar stature squad to ourselves, and of course our ex-coach who was apparently not good enough for us, are now above us and looking much stronger.

I would suggest that a loss to Burnley next Sunday could give Sky some juicy shots of protesting fans for their camera''s. 

As for Delia, could you pass on a message from me, asking why she has been totally anonymous since things have been going wrong? 

It would appear that in bad times, the "lets be having you" call only works one way, not both.

I look forward to seeing the board take decisive action to allow this club to progress.

I have just spoken to mr doncaster and got no clear answers except the fact that he just said they are not satified with he current results, what that means i dont know.

it seems we all got the standard response give me a ring and we''ll discuss your views as thats what i got told as well. they really have to do something.

Here is my reply:

thanks for your email Alex.  if you''d like to discuss your views, i can be reached on my office number (01603 218 707). please be assured though that everyone at Carrow Road, including the Board, shares the same sense of frustration that you clearly feel

OTBC
Neil