Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

How to lose the players respect in one easy lesson.

Slag them off publicly in the press!.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED12%20Sep%202006%2023%3A53%3A56%3A047

That''s a no brainer Worthless, lose their respect, and you lose the dressing room, then, hopefully,  you''ll lose your job!!.

Can you see Sir Fergie behaving like this?.

No, I can''t either.

I don''t see how ''telling it like it is'' results in loss of respect. I personally respect people who don''t beat around the bush and are honest and to the point.

I think the way we play in our next game will show you if they have respect for him.

If they react well, then it will show that they have listened and taken on board his comments. If not then it would appear that they didn''t have respect in the first place but not as a result of the comments made. It would have already been the case.

Fegie has done this in the past and will no doubt do it in the future.  In fact he did it when we beat them two years ago.

Unfortunately Wiz - the players deserved it because at 3-1 up they were arrogant and at 3-2 they lost their heads.

Worthington was criticised last season for avoiding criticism of his players after dire performances last season.

He now feels that he can be critical of the team in the press.

I suggest that this might be because he trusts that the squad will now accept constructive criticism in the press, he didn''t have that luxury last season when a number of unhappy players, dare I say trouble-makers were in the squad ?

yea definatly agree with u yellow rages.

pple r jst picking at straws now, any excuse to hav a go at worthy. if he came out saying they put the effort in and were unlucky like usual nothing wud b different ud still b going for him. com on guys giv the bloke a chance he cnt win

Think Worthy got this one right.  Much rather have him say this than come out with, "it was one of our better away performances".

Incidentally, after the Coventry game, the players were sent straight home that night and called in for extra training first thing on Sunday morning.  Expect more of the same before Saturday.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]I believe its time for City Angel to change her underwear....
[/quote]

I have [:D]

If he had praised them you would only have slagged him off even more for being blind to hsi teams failings.

He told it how he saw it.

Fergie and Mouriniho always slag players off after poor performances.

Joe Cole scored 1 and created 1 in a game and Mouriniho slated him for not tracking back enough to defend!

The thing is Wiz if we did not know what he said we would all be blaming him for doing nothing about it because we would not know he had - he cant win really can he - when we know what is said he is slagged off and when it is done behind closed doors he is blamed for doing nothing about it. Oh to be in his shoes.

i can indeed see fergie behaving like this, and im sure he has done.

''And striker Earnshaw backed-up his manager''s comments and said not killing the game off had been criminal.

"We''ve got to finish it at 3-1 up - we should be comfortable," said the Welsh international.

"They kept pumping long balls into our box. It was a bit too easy and in the end they got their little bit of luck with the rebound off our ''keeper.

"But we''ve got to kill it. At 3-1 we should start to pass the ball. It was really disappointing, especially with all the fans who travelled and the performance on Saturday.

"Tonight was a great performance, but those last 20 seconds have killed the whole night for us." ''

just like earnshaw, im sure they all feel the same as worthy does. no respect lost.

I don''t get it

People like you (not saying you in particualr), worthy outers moan when worthy is over psitive in post match interviews and now you are moaning when he''s told it like it is. I am beginning to feel sorry for him - he cant win, we''re 5th in the league and some still want him gone

Worthy IN

(for the moment at least)

Wiz, if he hadn''t said anything you''d moan at him and now your moaning when he does.. you sir are an idiot, your just looking for any excuse to have a go at the manager when it was quite clearly the players fault.

and as for the "would fergie slate his players in public like that?" yes he does and, correct me if i''m wrong, since his arrival at chelsea Jose constantly slates his players in public when they don''t perform to standards expected and i beleive they have won the premiership both years he''s been in charge. 

so stop picking holes, and stop trying to find stupid excuses to get the manager sacked when we''re still in a decent league position awith every chance of promotion

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

I don''t get it

People like you (not saying you in particualr), worthy outers moan when worthy is over psitive in post match interviews and now you are moaning when he''s told it like it is. I am beginning to feel sorry for him - he cant win, we''re 5th in the league and some still want him gone

Worthy IN

(for the moment at least)

[/quote]

You''re spot on.

Forgot to say that I am glad to see Wiz back in his "pantomime villain" persona.  Much better, the Worthy loving character just wasn’t the same!

i dont have a massive issue with his honesty, but then he did decide to choose the quietest player on the pitch as a captain, so therefore he has to take a good deal of the blame. in all honesty he should have said that due to the boards and the management teams complete lack of ambition and forethought we didnt have anyone onthe bench who was able to take any of the pressure off. At the end of the day, the whole evening summed up our away form since worthington took charge - pathetic and ameteurish.

Wiz, in your "Why Nigel Will Be Sacked" thread just 2 days ago, you made it "crystal clear" that you still backed Worthy 100%. Would  I be right in saying that your position has changed yet again, and that you''re now back in the WO camp? I am surmising to some extent, but you did refer to our manager as Worthless in this thread, which does suggest to me that he no longer enjoys 100% backing from you. Maybe you''ve just downgraded your support from 100% to 50%, or something like that. I think we should be told.

Billy B:

What did it for me Billy was the alledged Eastwood inquiry (no, I don''t believe it either mate) and the lack of essential new signings.

All Worthless (Yes, I have turned back to the dark side) does is inquire, while other managers sign players, ours just inquires!.

Jeez, you couldn''t make it up.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]I believe its time for City Angel to change her underwear....
[/quote]

I have [:D]

[/quote]

Red leather ones I trust Angel!.[:P]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Billy B:

What did it for me Billy was the alledged Eastwood inquiry (no, I don''t believe it either mate) and the lack of essential new signings.

All Worthless (Yes, I have turned back to the dark side) does is inquire, while other managers sign players, ours just inquires!.

Jeez, you couldn''t make it up.

[/quote]Pantomime at its best - have you ever considered being the dame Wiz? I think you''d carry it off superbly.

Worthington was well out of order.  The captain was his choice, nobody elses.  He made the mistakes, he has to take the blame.  A bad workman always blames his tools (in this case his players).  He should have the guts to stand up and say "I got it wrong", but then he won''t, will he. 

In some respects Worthy continues to do a great job. Everyone agrees that Croft and Earnshaw have been great signings and we have played some great football at Home this season and at times last night. Other signings like Etuhu, Colin and Robinson are beginning to shine. The passing game has returned BUT....

Was he running up and down the touchline a la Stuart Pearce as we stepped down three gears after scoring the third goal? Were the substitutions beneficial? When did we last score a goal from a direct free kick similar to Southend''s second? 

Fact is that Worthy has created a team capable of winning this league. Nevetheless he would serve the club better if he concentrated on how he could improve the issues raised above both before and during a game rather than publicly criticising the players after it. This could be the difference between finishing 1st. as in 2003/04 or finishing 9th. as last season and if we finish 9th this year we are back to square one.       

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

Forgot to say that I am glad to see Wiz back in his "pantomime villain" persona.  Much better, the Worthy loving character just wasn’t the same!

[/quote]How long before the inevitable "I''m leaving, everybody hates me!" thread Mk7 though?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

Worthington was criticised last season for avoiding criticism of his players after dire performances last season.

[/quote]

not true, he was critisized for picking on players and never accepting any of the blame himself.

[/quote]

That''s funny, I could have sworn that a lot of the criticism he was getting was after we lost at places like Burnley and he did post-match interviews saying we had a good work-rate.