Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Earnshaw will leave

There is as I read all the threads one player that the KTFer''s rave about and rightly so and that is Earnshaw. He is a quality player. There is also much admission from these fans that we might not gain promotion this season or there is an acceptance that the best we could hope for is the lottery of the play off''s. As I showed on the Post "The Facts" we will need to play out of our skins at home to gain promotion if our away form does not improve dramatically from what it has been over the last 4 seasons. This brings me back to the point of my thread. Without promotion this season or even worse without being in a strong position by January Earnshaw will leave. He is scoring for fun and suitors will come knock and knocking very loudly at his door. This will lead inevitably to Norwich being unable to resist a high offer and we will lose our star striker. He will play in the premiership again whether that is with Norwich or somebody else is up to our performances this season. Worthington holds the future of our beloved star in his hands. Will he slip through his fingers like Ashton. I hope not but we must show the ambition that will encourage a player of his quality to stay. 3 all draws may entertain some of these “happy just to play” fans but will lead to frustration in strikers who are regularly scoring. 20+ a season from a player is in this league no guarantee of promotion. It is however a guaranteed to trigger a onslaught of offers from clubs wanting such a striker. I am of the opinion that there are 1000’s of managers out there capable of doing what Worthington is doing if not a lot better. I however think that players like Earnshaw are at a premium.

Worthington out: for the good of the club and our future.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]There is as I read all the threads one player that the KTFer''s rave about and rightly so and that is Earnshaw. He is a quality player. There is also much admission from these fans that we might not gain promotion this season or there is an acceptance that the best we could hope for is the lottery of the play off''s. As I showed on the Post "The Facts" we will need to play out of our skins at home to gain promotion if our away form does not improve dramatically from what it has been over the last 4 seasons. This brings me back to the point of my thread. Without promotion this season or even worse without being in a strong position by January Earnshaw will leave. He is scoring for fun and suitors will come knock and knocking very loudly at his door. This will lead inevitably to Norwich being unable to resist a high offer and we will lose our star striker. He will play in the premiership again whether that is with Norwich or somebody else is up to our performances this season. Worthington holds the future of our beloved star in his hands. Will he slip through his fingers like Ashton. I hope not but we must show the ambition that will encourage a player of his quality to stay. 3 all draws may entertain some of these “happy just to play” fans but will lead to frustration in strikers who are regularly scoring. 20+ a season from a player is in this league no guarantee of promotion. It is however a guaranteed to trigger a onslaught of offers from clubs wanting such a striker. I am of the opinion that there are 1000’s of managers out there capable of doing what Worthington is doing if not a lot better. I however think that players like Earnshaw are at a premium. Worthington out: for the good of the club and our future.[/quote]

Hey, Mystic Meg, tell us tonights lottery numbers.

[quote]Without promotion this season or even worse without being in a strong position by January Earnshaw will leave. [/quote]

You state this as fact, but I''m willing to bet money that you''ve never met him, let alone talked to him about his intentions.  Neither do you know if we will be competing by Xmas.

Ok, let''s take a walk through the really scary nightmare scenario, tidal waves smash through Cromer cliffs, half of Norwich is submerged by the North Sea, Dunston Hall''s golf course floods, their carvery is a washout, and Robert Earnshaw leaves Norwich.  What happens if he does leave ?  Probably the same as when Ashton left, although Earnshaw isn''t the kind of player to give up playing for his team just because he''s likely to move.

1. For Earnshaw to leave for a Premiership team, we would sell him for close to double what we paid.

2. We would then use that money to strengthen the team, probably with 2 or 3 signings in his place.

In todays'' game, no player, or manager ofr that matter, is irreplaceable.  But for you to use this veiled threat as a stick to beat the manager, it''s, er, how can I put this... a bit desperate, isn''t it ?

I haven''t noticed any posts from Paul Rankin/CJF for a while. Hardhouse, are you him in disguise? You do seem to consistently post the same ''load of tripe'' theories![:^)]

1. For Earnshaw to leave for a Premiership team, we would sell him for close to double what we paid.

2. We would then use that money to strengthen the team, probably with 2 or 3 signings in his place.

Hey BlahEtc, if what you say is true, what happened to the revenue from the sale of Ashton ? In round figures, we paid 3M for him and we sold him for 7M. So the club made 3M profit (i.e. after paying Crewe their sell-on fee) and recouped the original sum of 3M. We paid 3M for Earnie. So, what happened to the other 3M ? Whuch players did we sign with the 3M to strengthen the team ?

wud u lot just cheer up. alrite wev dropped som points but wev showed wer capable of playin at a level worthy of 2nd place, wev got a striker scoring for fun - who was willing to drop a league and no doubt accept a pay cut to play for us, y speculate about earnie leaving this early due with no reason to suggest thats so aside from dropping a few points in our last 2 games.

as for the green mckenzie money - how long exactly did we hav to spend the "mckenzie money" and greens is coming via clauses and sounds as tho we dnt hav much of it upfront anyway. worthy tryd to get players in the summer - failed, and is no going into the loan market. wev been linked with huddlestone, o brien and got doyle in the last week

[quote]Hey BlahEtc, if what you say is true, what happened to the revenue from the sale of Ashton ? In round figures, we paid 3M for him and we sold him for 7M. So the club made 3M profit (i.e. after paying Crewe their sell-on fee) and recouped the original sum of 3M. We paid 3M for Earnie. So, what happened to the other 3M ? Whuch players did we sign with the 3M to strengthen the team ? [/quote]

Good question, although i suspect your figures aren''t entriely accurate.  I did hear a story that involved a third party putting up the money for Ashton, effectively ownning half the player and making a profit on subsequent sales, but it was probably just hearsay.

The fact is that transfer money can''t be kept in isolation, it''s part of the bigger concern.

However, do you believe that we would sell Earnshaw without signing at least a comparable replacement ?  I don''t, and the reason that I don''t is that we signed him in the first place when we sold Ashton.

blahblahblah   

remember to double every transfer amount paid and halve every transfer amount received.

so in the case of earnshaw once he''s been sold we''ll be told he actually cost 7M but only receive 3.5M (with half of that being paid in instalments dependant on World Cup Final appearances for Wales i.e. never) so we''ll actually make a 5.25M loss and lets be grateful for it!

and by the way, if we don''t get promoted this season earnie won''t be the only one to go as frugal Norwich cut their cloth.

Glib comments but none of you would bet against it. Perhaps you''ll justify it by turning on him like you did Leon. Then when he goes you can say good riddance who wants a disruptive player.

There was a poster on here the other day and he was right. You''ve got the team you deserve.

I don''t believe for one moment that a third party put up some of the cash to buy Ashton and, in any case, this would have to be revealed in the accounts which it wasn''t. The figures are rounded but more or less accurate based upon all I read. In fact, transfer money or the "transfer kitty" should be isolated. This is what happens in any business, budgets are prepared for each financial year for each part of a business i.e. salaries, advertising and promotion, etc. The sum of £3m was made available to buy Ashton and when he was sold that capital was recovered plus a profit of £3M. After buying Earnshaw, the club could (IMO should) then have reinvested the original capital sum of £3m by buying Cameron. I use the term "invest" advisedly because Cameron would not have been a cost but, instead, an investment upon whom we would have conceivably doubled our money, just like Earnshaw, when inevitably like Ashton he was sold. But no, our watchphrase is "ambition with prudence" which sadly is just a euphemism for "resignation with negativity".

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Without promotion this season or even worse without being in a strong position by January Earnshaw will leave. [/quote]

You state this as fact, but I''m willing to bet money that you''ve never met him, let alone talked to him about his intentions.  Neither do you know if we will be competing by Xmas.

Ok, let''s take a walk through the really scary nightmare scenario, tidal waves smash through Cromer cliffs, half of Norwich is submerged by the North Sea, Dunston Hall''s golf course floods, their carvery is a washout, and Robert Earnshaw leaves Norwich.  What happens if he does leave ?  Probably the same as when Ashton left, although Earnshaw isn''t the kind of player to give up playing for his team just because he''s likely to move.

In todays'' game, no player, or manager ofr that matter, is irreplaceable.  But for you to use this veiled threat as a stick to beat the manager, it''s, er, how can I put this... a bit desperate, isn''t it ?

[/quote]you state that I have never met of spoken to him then tell me that "although Earnshaw isn''t the kind of player to give up playing for his team just because he''s likely to move."

You have had a good old sit down with the lad a discussed his future have you!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Glib comments but none of you would bet against it. Perhaps you''ll justify it by turning on him like you did Leon. Then when he goes you can say good riddance who wants a disruptive player. There was a poster on here the other day and he was right. You''ve got the team you deserve.[/quote]

Apologies HH44 as I made a glib comment.  To be fair though I think we all realise that if we find in ourselves in the same position in December as last season then Earnie will be gone but lets cross that bridge if and when it comes.  It was sad to see we could not match Ashtons ambition last season or even offer him the possibility of playing in the Premier League this season. 

Will Earnie go if we have little or no chance of promotion?  I would expect him to and I would wish him well.

[/quote] Nicely put blah,  nice to see someone with plain good old common sense replying to that!! I will remain polite. OTBC

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon"]

Hey BlahEtc, if what you say is true, what happened to the revenue from the sale of Ashton ? In round figures, we paid 3M for him and we sold him for 7M. So the club made 3M profit (i.e. after paying Crewe their sell-on fee) and recouped the original sum of 3M. We paid 3M for Earnie. So, what happened to the other 3M ? Whuch players did we sign with the 3M to strengthen the team ?

[/quote] A bit over simplistic I''m afraid Baron,  all of it apart from roughly £2.00000 has been swallowed up.  It''s in the balance sheets.

its pretty obvious that if earnie continues with his championship goalfest he''ll have a line of suitors waiting for the jan transfer window  to  open.   as with deano & Greeno, if city look  unlikely to  go up, then if a prem club came in offering good chance for him to figure weekly in the starting line-up, why wouldn''t he consider it.  if we are in the top 6, or even challenging for auto promo - then he''d probably want to stay, unless an offer he came in h couldn''t refuse.

[quote] you state that I have never met of spoken to him then tell me that "although Earnshaw isn''t the kind of player to give up playing for his team just because he''s likely to move." You have had a good old sit down with the lad a discussed his future have you![/quote]

Fair point, well made.  I am basing my assumption on newspaper interviews "coming here with something to prove post WBA", and his manner on the pitch, not letting missed scoring opportunities dent his confidence and never giving up while there''s still time in a game.  Things I''m sure you will agree we could have done with Ashton doing.  But I am stumbling in the dark as much as you, I just choose not to call for the heads of managers as I do so.

Another negative, repetative, unfactbased post.

It''s all based around us not doing well, when we are currently 5th in the league. If we are 5th at xmas, do you think we will want to sell him or he will want to go (and not neccesarily get a game). If we are struggling, yes he might go but again might!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]There is as I read all the threads one player that the KTFer''s rave about and rightly so and that is Earnshaw. He is a quality player. There is also much admission from these fans that we might not gain promotion this season or there is an acceptance that the best we could hope for is the lottery of the play off''s. As I showed on the Post "The Facts" we will need to play out of our skins at home to gain promotion if our away form does not improve dramatically from what it has been over the last 4 seasons. This brings me back to the point of my thread. Without promotion this season or even worse without being in a strong position by January Earnshaw will leave. He is scoring for fun and suitors will come knock and knocking very loudly at his door. This will lead inevitably to Norwich being unable to resist a high offer and we will lose our star striker. He will play in the premiership again whether that is with Norwich or somebody else is up to our performances this season. Worthington holds the future of our beloved star in his hands. Will he slip through his fingers like Ashton. I hope not but we must show the ambition that will encourage a player of his quality to stay. 3 all draws may entertain some of these “happy just to play” fans but will lead to frustration in strikers who are regularly scoring. 20+ a season from a player is in this league no guarantee of promotion. It is however a guaranteed to trigger a onslaught of offers from clubs wanting such a striker. I am of the opinion that there are 1000’s of managers out there capable of doing what Worthington is doing if not a lot better. I however think that players like Earnshaw are at a premium. Worthington out: for the good of the club and our future.[/quote]

Posts like this one really make me angry, theres no sign of any friendly debate.

This type of doom mongering spin shouldn''t be allowed. Its time you woke up and smelt the coffee. Keeping you head in the sand just isn''t the way forward.

The people I feel sorry for is the over 900 managers who aren''t getting a chance to prove themselves.

[quote user="Im not Worthy"]

I haven''t noticed any posts from Paul Rankin/CJF for a while. Hardhouse, are you him in disguise? You do seem to consistently post the same ''load of tripe'' theories![:^)]

[/quote]

Sorry mate, In the canadian rockies at the moment.  I see our away form is still dire having played the awful Coventry, Southend, Derby and Leeds.

As for Erny, if he carries on scoring at this rate I have no doubt he could well be off in January.  He would jump at another Premiership chance, we could well get more cash to spend, but would we be able to spend it in time?

Its a possibility that he could leave as every player wants to be in the prem and if NCFC dont look like doing that for him I would not hold anything against earnie if he went; of course at this stage of the season it is  pure speculation but I dont see why it is overly negative; just an opinion of something that could happen IF things dont go as well as we all want - but the same could be said about Safri or shacks or Doc if offers were made for them.

I''ll not be worrying about it until nearer Dec when we will either be disappointed or having optimism reinforced - why not do the same instead of creating yet another ''us and them'' divide. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Im not Worthy"]

[/quote]

Sorry mate, In the canadian rockies at the moment.  I see our away form is still dire having played the awful Coventry, Southend, Derby and Leeds.

As for Erny, if he carries on scoring at this rate I have no doubt he could well be off in January.  He would jump at another Premiership chance, we could well get more cash to spend, but would we be able to spend it in time?

[/quote]

Blimey Foghorn, has Worthy sent you on a scouting mission?  Make sure you bring us back a mountie or three  lol

[/quote]

Doncaster said in a recent interview that this season is CRITICAL and we would almost certainly have to sell our best players (reduce the wage bill) if we don`t get promoted.

Thats OK we obviously have a deep youth program at the club to take over the various positions. (extreme irony alert)

Earnshaw will leave, eventually.........When he''s saved up enough dosh to fill his hugenormous Humvee fuel tank - and, has also stuffed enough soap, shampoo, sewing sets, drinking glasses (various), cutlery, quilts, sheets, pillows, loo rolls, bathrobes and towels, all emblazoned with the Dunston Hall Hotel logo, into his oversized fuel devouring machine.

A young pro-footballer, has to be a slick entrepreneur to get by in this day and age. Earnie, can be espied most Sundays - floggin'' his quality ''tat'', at Snetterton market in between, Flecky''s Frankfurters and Polston''s Pancakes........[:O]

It''s all true y''know!

Dunston''s towels are real quality......ahem!

They were a gift.....[:#].......alright!