praising post are more sickening than the everything is awful/board

should go/ruining our club etc etc were all papping on about constantly

all summer. Oh and Wiz, why haven''t you taken up Herb''s offer of a bet

that Ernshaw will/won''t be here in a month? No wonder the board don''t

take what the fans say is being worth much with the chopping and

changing of opinion that''s expressed in billions of ridiculous posts by

the desperate to be famous if only on a message board crew.  It''s

pathetic.   

Have to agree. I have my concerns about Worthy, but credit where it''s due, he''s got a good team out there last night.

If it''s his fault that we lose games, surely it should be down to him when we win them?

And let me add the last 2 season''s have been riddled with managerial errors.  Last season all we heard was work rate, earning the right to play and all that long ball crap.  Its a shame our manager is so slow that it takes him 2 seasons to realise what the fans have seen wrong for years.  Just as in the premiership he only saw the benefits of Shackell, Safri and Helveg 11 points from safety and 7 games from the end of the season.

Worthy is an extremely slow learner.  It wouldnt surprise me at all if Hooze is back in the team on Saturday if fit.

[quote user="SPat"]is what half this board should be feeling, Wiz, Ranting Rankin, City Angel, we need a manager etc. I thought everyone should have been singing Worthy out last night, but no you praise them for being up for and supporting the team. The team that played well that is managed by Worthy, but no, it''s all down to Hunter, who you all thought was a yes man. Surely you want Foley back, he was a scapegoat? As for the rubbish Colin and Etuhu who should have never worn a city shirt again are suddenly fantastic. The team with Croft, who was a fat reserve a week ago. FFS, you''ll be on everyone''s backs next game we lose, all these praising post are more sickening than the everything is awful/board should go/ruining our club etc etc were all papping on about constantly all summer. Oh and Wiz, why haven''t you taken up Herb''s offer of a bet that Ernshaw will/won''t be here in a month? No wonder the board don''t take what the fans say is being worth much with the chopping and changing of opinion that''s expressed in billions of ridiculous posts by the desperate to be famous if only on a message board crew.  It''s pathetic.   
[/quote]

All I can do Spat is refer you to my post: http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/728620/ShowPost.aspx

As for taking up Herb''s silly bet, how childsh is that?.

Oh, and by the way, all gambling is fools play in my book.

[quote user="SPat"]is what half this board should be feeling, Wiz, Ranting Rankin, City Angel, we need a manager etc. I thought everyone should have been singing Worthy out last night, but no you praise them for being up for and supporting the team. The team that played well that is managed by Worthy, but no, it''s all down to Hunter, who you all thought was a yes man. Surely you want Foley back, he was a scapegoat? As for the rubbish Colin and Etuhu who should have never worn a city shirt again are suddenly fantastic. The team with Croft, who was a fat reserve a week ago. FFS, you''ll be on everyone''s backs next game we lose, all these praising post are more sickening than the everything is awful/board should go/ruining our club etc etc were all papping on about constantly all summer. Oh and Wiz, why haven''t you taken up Herb''s offer of a bet that Ernshaw will/won''t be here in a month? No wonder the board don''t take what the fans say is being worth much with the chopping and changing of opinion that''s expressed in billions of ridiculous posts by the desperate to be famous if only on a message board crew.  It''s pathetic.   
[/quote]

And just so you know, I have always said I am a fickle fan.  All I want to see is whats best for Norwich City.  the last 2 seasons Worthy''s performance as manager has been nowhere near satisfactory.  Hopefully as Waghorn said, we won''t have many injuries and Worthy won''t have to make many managerial decisions, because more often than not he gets them totally utterly wrong....  the less managing worthless has to do, the better off our club is.

Etuhu was utter crap last season, he didnt deserve to wear the yellow and green with his lethargic performances.  Lets hope his change in attitude will bring consistent performances like yesterday and that it wasnt just his 1 good game in 10 our Preston friends harped on about.

dude, be happy that the people that doubted the team are getting behind them again, as it''s when we we''re all behind the team that they play the football we''ve seen so far this season, so instead of picking arguments and taking cheap shots at the people who doubted the team coming in to the season just let their pre season comments go and be happy that finally the city fans are all on the smae page again... for now

I have to agree with Foghorn - its amazing that after ONE win that people have temporarily forgotten how the last TWO season have been littered with error strewn pathetic crap. I don''t think any other club in the Football League would have kept a manager on after two unacceptable seasons apart from our dictatorship.

If we have any success this season, it will be mainly inspite of Worthington, not because of him. Last night showed that we still have a good [though incomplete] side out there. I''m giving Hunter the credit, as Worthington has showed for the last two seasons that he isn''t up to the job.

I support the team, not the manager.

" If it''s his fault that we lose games, surely it should be down to him when we win them?"

That was never the issue. It was a small and vociferous minority calling for him to be sacked as he was useless, not fit to be a City manager etc. This abuse spilled over unto attacks upon the board claiming not only incompetence but corruption. It was NEVER prefaced with the the rider that if things turned round he would be ok. NEVER did I see any handmade placards saying Worthy Out ... unless.

At least have the guts to stick by what you claimed. Have the integrity to stand by your arguments and back your decisions because ironically enough it is those that had those principles and determination to see it through that have kept this club going.

One win and you''re all bleating "it weren''t me sir, I never said anything". Thank god the club has supporters who stick with it through thick and thin not simply fans who whinge and whine.

So in spite of him buying all the players and keeping them at the club, you still believe Hunter would be to blame.

Excellent thinking, Batman...

Please don''t bring up the "two season" thing all over again. Two points and you guys would be saying that he managed the premiership season well.

Last season - yes maybe I will give you that but it is not simply one factor as I have said time and time again! Patience is vital with new players and now both Colin and Etuhu have had time they both look good.

The heart of the whole problem is people wildly exagerating - two seasons is one and suggesting the sole reason behind last season was Worthington is another.

[quote user="komakino"]I have to agree with Foghorn - its amazing that after ONE win that people have temporarily forgotten how the last TWO season have been littered with error strewn pathetic crap. I don''t think any other club in the Football League would have kept a manager on after two unacceptable seasons apart from our dictatorship. If we have any success this season, it will be mainly inspite of Worthington, not because of him. Last night showed that we still have a good [though incomplete] side out there. I''m giving Hunter the credit, as Worthington has showed for the last two seasons that he isn''t up to the job. I support the team, not the manager.[/quote]

Does that mean the now sacked Foley should get the credit for promotion?

I was a worthy outer last season, but i''ve said all summer that i will give him a chance amd get behind him at the start of the season. It was a fresh start for him, a chance to turn things around, and you have to say well done to him because he has. Croft looks a great buy, our defence looks solid, etuhu as promised is looking a good buy, robinsons improving and we dont hoof. It seems Martin Hunter has helped alot as well, we are passing and keeping the ball well and did anyone notice how high up the pitch our defence was compared to last year?

Ofcourse Komakino it could just be that you''re wrong. In 4 full seasons in this league under Nigel Worthington''s stewardship we have finished on average 6th, that means on average we''ve been good enough for the play-offs each year, that means on average each season 18 managers have been less succesful. And still you are convinced that even if we have a great season and finish top it can''t in any way be thanks to Nigel Worthington. I suggest you might just have a blind spot. Try being positive, try respecting people''s efforts, try hoping that people who share your objectives, i.e. the success of NCFC, are themselves successful. Then you will have time & energy to delight in the spectacle of your team on song, and to dream of things just getting better & better. You might find it more fun. On the other hand, ofcourse . . . you might not 

[quote user="komakino"]Worthington has showed for the last two seasons that he isn''t up to the job.

I support the team, not the manager.[/quote] Nonsense. We were favourites to go down with everyone who knows anything about football (errr, not you then!) and in the event we were still fighting up until the last game.I can''t explain what happened at Craven Cottage, but it was hardly Worthy''s fault that day, I didn''t see him on the pitch.So for you to write off the Prem season as crap is utter tosh. It was disappointing, but we weren''t crap. We gave a good account of ourselves in many games and earned a lot of respect.Last season was crap, granted.Don''t tell me who to support, I''ll support who I want mate.

If you read my posts Spat I haven''t at any stage slagged down any of my team and will never do so.

But if you''re talking about Worthless thats a different matter, playing well in 2 or even 10 games wont change my mind about him.

I won''t forget what he''s said about us loyal fans and as far as I''m concerned nothing has changed, the rift is far too wide to be healed!

Worthy Out for me and the quicker the better!

i have to agree, we did earn alot of respect during our season in the prem, as over the course of the season pundits, other clubs etc started to realise we wern''t the walk in the park everyone expected us to be, with a little more luck in the first half of the season we could have easily stayed up

[quote user="chicken"]

Please don''t bring up the "two season" thing all over again. Two points and you guys would be saying that he managed the premiership season well.

[/quote]

lol, its a fine line between success and failure, he didnt get those 2 points, so it was a failure.  And many of his appalling decision''s will have contributed to those 2 points we didnt get....  In fact apart from signing and playing Ashton, I don''t remember too many other successful decisions by the manager. (unless you count signing 2 good players which you left on the bench untill we were 11 points adrift with 7 games to go and come out with the comment "I am playing them today because I didn''t want anyone in the squad to say they didn''t get a chance..."  in case they had a mare was a total utter joke.

yes chicken, a total of points that has never kept any team in the premiership EVER up is a FAILURE. A F-A-I-L-U-R-E, well unless you are little norwich that is where relegation with zero away victories can be considered a success.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="komakino"]Worthington has showed for the last two seasons that he isn''t up to the job. I support the team, not the manager.[/quote]

Nonsense. We were favourites to go down with everyone who knows anything about football (errr, not you then!) and in the event we were still fighting up until the last game.
I can''t explain what happened at Craven Cottage, but it was hardly Worthy''s fault that day, I didn''t see him on the pitch.
So for you to write off the Prem season as crap is utter tosh. It was disappointing, but we weren''t crap. We gave a good account of ourselves in many games and earned a lot of respect.
Last season was crap, granted.

Don''t tell me who to support, I''ll support who I want mate.
[/quote]

we were crap Herb...  7 games from the end we looked like we were going to do a sunderland, lucky Worthless then decided to finally (as the fans had been calling for it for MONTHS) drop Holt, Eddy and the Doc and play Shacks, Safri and Helveg....  cos he didnt want anyone to say they didnt get a chance.

JOKE MANAGEMENT

[quote user="lambert gonzales"]i have to agree, we did earn alot of respect during our season in the prem, as over the course of the season pundits, other clubs etc started to realise we wern''t the walk in the park everyone expected us to be, with a little more luck in the first half of the season we could have easily stayed up[/quote]

we were though....... we were heading for a Sunderland untill the last 7 matches.  After 31 matches we had 20 points I think!!  3 wins  11 draws 17 defeats......

worthy was forgiven his appalling lack of judgement at the time as he had got us promoted.

"Lucky Worthless" bought these players. Therefore "lucky Worthless" obviously rated these players whether he played them or not.

And this allowed "lucky Worthless" to be able to play these players, almost saving us but not quite.

Certainly not perfect management, but certainly no joke.

And this would be the same "luck" that got him promotion as champions, "luck" that bought Martin Hunter to the club (the saviour) etc etc.

He''s a very, very, very lucky man.

IMHO we were not crap in the Prem, but realistically a club slightly out of it’s depth with not enough money to compete on a level playing field.

I think we excelled ourselves that season and the manager, plus the players learned lessons as the season went on.

Last season was a disaster, but again football is team game and the manager, board, players and to an extent the fans can take some of the blame. I am sure the atmosphere at home did not help towards the end of the season.

Worthy is far from the finished article and has made some blunders on the pitch and in the PR department. However some fans seem to get upset rather easily and I can only assume that those type of fans go through life feeling slighted at the least little difference of opinion!

You might disagree with the manager, you might not like him, but to wish our team defeats, so you can get rid of the manager is losing the plot for me and I would not see that as an action of a fan.

Let’s hope Worthy turns it around this year, not to offend the doubters, but rather that if he’s doing well, then my beloved team is winning. That’s enough to keep me happy.

[quote user="cityangel"]

If you read my posts Spat I haven''t at any stage slagged down any of my team and will never do so.

But if you''re talking about Worthless thats a different matter, playing well in 2 or even 10 games wont change my mind about him.

I won''t forget what he''s said about us loyal fans and as far as I''m concerned nothing has changed, the rift is far too wide to be healed!

[/quote]

How much hypocrisy in that statement? You can call him Worthless and others call him worse but the second he (depending on interpretation) retorts you cry about it for months afterwards. Has he personally called you a useless fan? Made references to to the clothes you wear, your accent or the place you born.

If the loyal fans comment was meant that way, at least he had the balls to say it with conviction knowing people would hear it rather than hiding behind a keyboard anonymously.

I would bet very few people would dare to call him clown, worthless etc to his face if was just a 1 on 1 face to face situation.

[quote user="Mook"]

"Lucky Worthless" bought these players. Therefore "lucky Worthless" obviously rated these players whether he played them or not.

And this allowed "lucky Worthless" to be able to play these players, almost saving us but not quite.

[/quote]

Hamilton bought and didnt play McVeigh and Nedergaard....   fact is Worthy deemed Holt and Eddy good enough for the prem, but not good enough for the championship.

Two games in which we have made a huge improvement "YAY" ! and 2 games, 2 GAMES means we are going to make the play offs or acheive automatic promotion and forgive worthy. I am still not convinced and I''m not ashamed to admit it. What reason do I have for thinking this is going to be a great season ? We are along way off the shore and Worthy still has alot of pressure on him.A  few bad games and all the fans will be on his back again ! 

I going to chear the team with all I have got but Worthy is not forgiven. There is still plenty of time for it all to go wrong.. I hope it doesn''t  though like any true fan I want us back where we belong, In the premiership !

[quote user="Mook"]

And this would be the same "luck" that got him promotion as champions, "luck" that bought Martin Hunter to the club (the saviour) etc etc.

He''s a very, very, very lucky man.

[/quote]Lucky mook? you''re not kidding!! we have all witnessed 90 odd games of very poor football with with the exception of approx 4 or 5 good games when Ashton hit a good patch with Mac two years ago and the first two games of this season other than that I can''t remember any  Manager being as unpopular as Nigel anywhere in football and still have a job!

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

How much hypocrisy in that statement? You can call him Worthless and others call him worse but the second he (depending on interpretation) retorts you cry about it for months afterwards. Has he personally called you a useless fan? Made references to to the clothes you wear, your accent or the place you born.

If the loyal fans comment was meant that way, at least he had the balls to say it with conviction knowing people would hear it rather than hiding behind a keyboard anonymously.

I would bet very few people would dare to call him clown, worthless etc to his face if was just a 1 on 1 face to face situation.

[/quote]Nigel Worthington is a poor manager at this level and makes regular managerial mistakes, I would have no trouble whatsoever telling him that to his face, especially as I have wasted ££££ on watching cr@p football for 2 years