Sign in to follow this  
Jerzy Krukowski

embarrasment

[quote user="Juninho Stegglinho Barairos Du Pon"]

Two games in which we have made a huge improvement "YAY" ! and 2 games, 2 GAMES means we are going to make the play offs or acheive automatic promotion and forgive worthy. I am still not convinced and I''m not ashamed to admit it. What reason do I have for thinking this is going to be a great season ? We are along way off the shore and Worthy still has alot of pressure on him.A  few bad games and all the fans will be on his back again ! 

I going to chear the team with all I have got but Worthy is not forgiven. There is still plenty of time for it all to go wrong.. I hope it doesn''t  though like any true fan I want us back where we belong, In the premiership !

[/quote]

I don''t think anyone is predicting a great season - just asking for credit where it''s due.  A lot of hard work appears to have been done over the summer to bring the confidence of the players to a level where they feel comfortable to play football on the floor again.  No one is even asking you to "forgive" Worthington. 

All people want is for the moaning to stop and to enjoy watching City playing some half decent football.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]SPat - The time for this sort of post is

at the end of a season when Norwich have got into the playoffs/been

promoted. All the calls for unity amongst fans that have been made are

not worth a bean if people like you keep posting snide remarks[/quote]

ey?! I was commenting on the rank hypocrisy and fickleness of some of

this boards posters, who I named, which isn''t snide as it goes. What is

snide has been the constant denigration of everything about the club

from top to bottom as if some huge conspiricy of binners were hell bent

on destroying all we love. Bleating on about how nasty Nigel said he

didn''t like what the fans said, and then referring to him by multitude

of insulting terms (including a touch of xenophobia), that spreading to

the board of directors and pretty much every player at one time or

another. Then after 2 games, everything''s fine again, and some people

wonder why NW might not care what the fans say, seeing as a good

proportion are incapable of holding a consistent view over a week, let

alone a season. As for saying "I''ve always said I''m fickle so there you

go", that''s no excuse. That''s like saying I''ve always said I''m violent

so please excuse me when I give you a slap. No, sorry, not when it

affects everyone from players to supporters. I''m merely suggesting that

if and when we lose next, play poorly, have an injury, miss out on a

signing etc that there aren''t a million posts on here demanding the

entire club staff to be hung, drawn and quartered. I don''t entirely

excuse myself from some of the same behaviour anyway ;-) If we have

another season like last then perhaps fair enough tho.

btw Wiz, if gambling is for fools, why have you been calling ad

infinitum for the club to gamble everything in an attempt to get back

to the premiership? At least here you would only be risking your own

money.

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]SPat - The time for this sort of post is at the end of a season when Norwich have got into the playoffs/been promoted. All the calls for unity amongst fans that have been made are not worth a bean if people like you keep posting snide remarks[/quote]

ey?! I was commenting on the rank hypocrisy and fickleness of some of this boards posters, who I named, which isn''t snide as it goes. What is snide has been the constant denigration of everything about the club from top to bottom as if some huge conspiricy of binners were hell bent on destroying all we love. Bleating on about how nasty Nigel said he didn''t like what the fans said, and then referring to him by multitude of insulting terms (including a touch of xenophobia), that spreading to the board of directors and pretty much every player at one time or another. Then after 2 games, everything''s fine again, and some people wonder why NW might not care what the fans say, seeing as a good proportion are incapable of holding a consistent view over a week, let alone a season. As for saying "I''ve always said I''m fickle so there you go", that''s no excuse. That''s like saying I''ve always said I''m violent so please excuse me when I give you a slap. No, sorry, not when it affects everyone from players to supporters. I''m merely suggesting that if and when we lose next, play poorly, have an injury, miss out on a signing etc that there aren''t a million posts on here demanding the entire club staff to be hung, drawn and quartered. I don''t entirely excuse myself from some of the same behaviour anyway ;-) If we have another season like last then perhaps fair enough tho.

btw Wiz, if gambling is for fools, why have you been calling ad infinitum for the club to gamble everything in an attempt to get back to the premiership? At least here you would only be risking your own money.
[/quote]

Spat:

Re. gambling:

A. I have little money, in fact I''m now retired, and I prefer to spend what money I do have on food and bills etc, any money I have left over I tend to spend on my hobbies. There is none left for childish bets with anyone!.

B. Norwich City FC is a buisness, which can be professional in its borrowing, and has far bigger assets then I will ever have, buisness often has to speculate to accumulate.

I believe that answers your query.

I haven''t read all of this thread so forgive me if i''m repeating

anything but it looks like you can pick up the gist of it from the

first few posts, and a whole load more posts to be honest.

I wasn''t a vociferous worthy outer and i really disliked the atmosphere

on here for much of last season and have stayed away. But it seems to

me that these "i told you so/be embarrassed" posts only serve to

preserve that atmosphere and reignite old, unpleasant arguments.

The fact is, we were playing rubbish, people were upset, and had a

whole range of opposing ideas about how to fix things. Now we''re

playing better (so far) and people aren''t so upset and are

understandably a bit more optimistic. You can''t criticise people for

that.

Wizard, may i register my wholehearted approval of your new avatar.

If the answer to our dramatic improvement in the last 2 games is Martin Hunter then the question has to be why is Worthy needed?

[quote user="a1canary"]I haven''t read all of this thread so forgive me if i''m repeating anything but it looks like you can pick up the gist of it from the first few posts, and a whole load more posts to be honest.

I wasn''t a vociferous worthy outer and i really disliked the atmosphere on here for much of last season and have stayed away. But it seems to me that these "i told you so/be embarrassed" posts only serve to preserve that atmosphere and reignite old, unpleasant arguments.

The fact is, we were playing rubbish, people were upset, and had a whole range of opposing ideas about how to fix things. Now we''re playing better (so far) and people aren''t so upset and are understandably a bit more optimistic. You can''t criticise people for that.

Wizard, may i register my wholehearted approval of your new avatar.

[/quote]

I agree but we''ve only played two games so far this season and we lost one of those.  IMO there has to be a massive improvement in our abysmal away form if Worthington is to survive. And i''m not talking about 1-1 draws at flippin Hull City !

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Juninho Stegglinho Barairos Du Pon"]

Two games in which we have made a huge improvement "YAY" ! and 2 games, 2 GAMES means we are going to make the play offs or acheive automatic promotion and forgive worthy. I am still not convinced and I''m not ashamed to admit it. What reason do I have for thinking this is going to be a great season ? We are along way off the shore and Worthy still has alot of pressure on him.A  few bad games and all the fans will be on his back again ! 

I going to chear the team with all I have got but Worthy is not forgiven. There is still plenty of time for it all to go wrong.. I hope it doesn''t  though like any true fan I want us back where we belong, In the premiership !

[/quote]

I don''t think anyone is predicting a great season - just asking for credit where it''s due.  A lot of hard work appears to have been done over the summer to bring the confidence of the players to a level where they feel comfortable to play football on the floor again.  No one is even asking you to "forgive" Worthington. 

All people want is for the moaning to stop and to enjoy watching City playing some half decent football.

[/quote]

Saint, you have the patience of one.

What is a bloody EMBARRASSMENT is that none of you self-proclaimed experts are capable of spelling the word.

Which indicates two things

1. That hindsight is wonderful. We have very little idea how the season is going to turn out. All that appears on this board is speculation and conjecture. And your opinion is as good as mine, whether you''re a WO or KTF.

2. That one season is probably not long enough to pass judgement on a manager. Last season was at the bottom end of our expectations and this season has got to be a top six finish. But we can''t suddenly think everything is fine after one win, nor is everything despair after one defeat. One measure of a true fan is someone who''s in for the long haul, come rain or shine.

Yellow Hammer

I think one of the joys of football is that it is just a game & you''re entitled to change your mind constantly. After a victory I''m full of optimism & think the team can walk on water, after a defeat I''m despondent & ready for team changes. Very occasionally, like after home matches against Watford & Ipswich last season, I think the change should be at managerial level. C''est la vie. The happy bit for me, however, is that by the time of the next match I''m all optimistic again and, in the interim, haven''t resorted to public criticism, I largely keep my despondency to myself. I suppose my point is though the original one, as a football fan you''re entitled to change your mind, it''s all part of the fun

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Juninho Stegglinho Barairos Du Pon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Saint, you have the patience of one.

[/quote]

That''s not really true Rages, I was as upset as anyone about what was on display last season.  However it is last season, I have made my opinions clear and I don''t think it''s productive to keep banging on about it.

I''m going to agree with something Ralph Wright said, there is "still work to do" but let''s encourage our club to build on the improvement from last season and embrace it rather than try to pick holes.  To a small minority of it supporters the WO campaign has become nothing more than a vendetta against one man and not a campaign for the good of the club as they claim.