Sign in to follow this  
MacDouble rides again

It's official Lee Croft signs

[quote user="MacDouble rides again"]It''s on the the official site just hit refresh... It''s only taken two years to sign a winger...[/quote]

What worries me is Worthy''s discription of him, he admires his direct approach to the game, in other words, HOOFBALL!.

Wizard - STOP IT!!!!!!

All i want to hear is positive vibes, everybody getting behind the team and then we''ll see how things look in 6 games time.

Worthy won''t be sacked now so we might aswell all get used to it, at least in the short term.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="MacDouble rides again"]It''s on the the official site just hit refresh... It''s only taken two years to sign a winger...[/quote]

What worries me is Worthy''s discription of him, he admires his direct approach to the game, in other words, HOOFBALL!.

[/quote]

I think he means he likes to run at players and get to the byline.  From what I have seen of him he appears to be very much a "classic" style wide player- hug the touchline, go past the full back and cross the ball.

This is actually the first signing in ages I have been even remotely excited about.  Probably a bit of desperation mixed with what I have seen of Croft.  It''s nice to have one of the missing pieces of the jigsaw that we seem to have lacked for so long.

Also to Rudolph, shall I call off the estate agent?

Ok I shal explain "direct" to you Wiz old bean as you don''t seem to understand its use here.

When using direct to describe a team as a whole it tends to mean route one straight down the middle with little use of the width. Note that this does not nessisarily refer to long balls over the top, just that the majority of passes go through the middle of the park and that the wingers tend not to go wide and cross the ball very often.

A direct winger is a winger who has an eye for goal who is just as happy to cut inside and have a shot himself as go out wide and cross the ball in. However, I think from what Croft has said he likes to get balls in for others to score from but he does seem to have that element of directness about him.

In footballing terms this equates to the way Aresenal play. They will hold possession down the wings when they can but prefer to get low balls into the box from the wingers rather than the high balls which we are used to seeing wingers whip in. It has worked for Arsenal in a big way hence the reason Henry doesnt score that many with his head and it has been about four seasons since you will have seen a Freddie cross!

Anyway old chap I think this is quite a possitive move - surely this means Henderson is now on his way out or at least considered as more of a striking option?

Also to Rudolph, shall I call off the estate agent?

I was going to say Saint, will you do it or shall I.

Trust you Wiz to misinterpret NW''s comment and turn it into a negative.

Hucks on one wing, Lee Croft on the other and Earnie and Leon down the middle!

If we were playing agaisnt a team with that, then i think it would be something to fear!

Hucks on one wing, Lee Croft on the other and Earnie and Leon down the middle!

If we were playing agaisnt a team with that, then i think it would be something to fear!

damm right! just the small matter of the other 6 players though, we have safri, doc, shackell, drury + green, but still need a permanent right back and better centre mid than etuhu, but yes with this attacking 4 we should be a threat

This has brought a huge smile to my face! Can’t wait to see him play as I hear he is a good player. The wikipedia thing was hilarious! I can’t believe they did it that quick. OTBC!

My God it really has come to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I''ve spent two days on tenterhooks hoping City will sign Croft (Coft !!??!!). 

Two days of checking websites and worrying about someone I''d not heard of a week ago!!!

Well done Nigel but what have you reduced us to??

Credit where credits due. Well done nigel for the signing of croft, he will do well in the championship, is reasonably cheap and certainly one for the future.

Well I''m pleased that we have a right winger and I''m even more pleased that its a young lad who has played for his country.

Welcome to our club [:D]

Knowing Worthy its probably  Robert Croft from Glamorgan cc....more spin to look forwrd to ....off spin !

God i''m so cynical - i wonder why !

I stand corrected, chastised and put firmly in my place.

However, at no time did I critcise young Croft, I only mentioned my concern over the ''direct'' quote from Worthy!.

No, don''t all say sorry at once please.[:P]