Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We ARE Broke!.

My thread entitled ''We''re all but broke''  should have read  ''We ARE broke!. Now, we can''t even compete with Derby on a financial level, brilliant, and they''re not the most well off side in the Chumps are they?.

Munby, Doncaster and Worthy have all promised new faces, 3 was mentioned by Mr Munby, what?, you mean Conference league standard players Mr Chairman?.

Just why we are so hard up needs to be answered by the board, we deserve that at least. Money has, in my opinion, just  vanished, we can speculate were its gone and who has spent it till the cows come home, but the fact remains, we have no money to strengthen an already below par squad.

How do I know this?, simple, no new signings, only us and ''them'' down the road haven''t signed anyone..............hello?.

Smith and Jones are slowly destroying our club, I swear I''d rather have Mr  Chase back then continue with those two people. With their ''little old Norwich'' mantra and her embarrassing pitchside antics, surely we can do better than that. I''ll tell you this for nothing, Mr Chase would not have tolerated NW for one minute longer than he had to.

Our board, the lot of them, are stagnent, without a clue, and inept. A change is long overdue.

I don''t often back Worthy, but just who is he supposed to sign with no money to spend?. For that answer, we must address the thick shag carpet and wood polished boardroom and its incompetent  inhabitents.

And after doing that, drive them out.

I''m a bit puzzled with the Derby situation cause aren''t they £52m in debt, yet they stump up £1m for a player we obviously couldn''t afford.

I agree we need some answers Wiz !!!!

It is a disturbing moment when Derby can out bid us, an even sadder state of affairs is that nearly every team in the championship has out bid us and beat us in the transfer market. A combination of zero ambition by the board and being far too slow in the transfer market. Everyone worth having is gone and now we must fight over the scraps, but I doubt we will sign anyone worthwhile now if we sign anyone at all.I''m dissapointed in the board and in worthy (again) but is the right course of action to remove them, I don''t know maybe I think a reshuffle is definatly in order, blow some of the cobwebs out of the boardroom so to speak. But is it their fault? or is it worthys? We were promised new players and havnt even come close to signing anyone, yet again more spin by the club.So we start the new season with few good players, far too many medioca players and overall not enough players.

In a parallel universe, we signed Howard on a 3 year contract for 1 million pounds, and 1st Wizard posted a thread entitled "1 million pounds for this chump ?????!!!!!!!"

how do you know they outbid us? for all we know worthy or the board may have felt howard was simply not worth £1m so therefore pulled out, which imo is correct

if for example we''d pulled out of siging andy hughes because he was not worth 450k you''d have moaned and then when we did sign him for 450k everyone is moaning

As I have to constantly post look at the evidence don''t believe the spin, we are all but skint, the Premiership couldn''t provide a significant cash incentive of $20m ?to yield any significant dent in our finances, serious question marks about how this club is run in all aspects need to be answered.

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]

how do you know they outbid us? for all we know worthy or the board may have felt howard was simply not worth £1m so therefore pulled out, which imo is correct

if for example we''d pulled out of siging andy hughes because he was not worth 450k you''d have moaned and then when we did sign him for 450k everyone is moaning

[/quote]

Fact is fact Chris, and no matter what you or triple B says, there is still no new player at Carrow Road as of today. And don''t even get me started about Hughes please.

Whilst I''m not too bothered about Howard, the fact that Worthy rates him, scares me somewhat, but the lack of any new faces is even scarier to contemplate!.

''We''ll go with what we''ve got'' will be issued any day now, you mark my words it will.

We are broke.

Please stay on that subject. Thanks.

And if we had signed Howard you blah would be on here saying what a great bit of buisiness it was , the Board and Worthless will get away with whatever they like while people like you pretend everything is ok .

I for one believed the board when they said a statement that they would deliver players.

Obviously, i was wrong to believe them. I feel now that even if we were to sign anyone, they wouldn''t be worth signing. After all - Anyone whose still left to buy now, is surely not worth signing?. The word ''''scrap'''' comes to mind.

I think we''ve missed out this pre-season, and feel we might just start loaning players in the January transfer window. Which i really hope not.

But come on board, we have much more money than Derby (or atleast we should?!), so give Nigel the money we need!

Or if it''s not there, ''''gone.'''' Then come out and tell us where it has gone!

Nice to see you have brought the negativity and bitching back with you Wiz, and just as the Messageboard was starting to clean up.  Oh well.

The current level of antagonism on the boards is a microcosm of our club at present. Which is a shame, cause as adults, I think we should be above that.

RE: Howard / other signings - I think the huge hype and anticipation surrounding any potential transfers has just mushroomed, thus the initial disappointment of missing out on a 30yr old carthorse who has spent all his career in the lower leagues is expressed in all the mournful posts we have currently.

I am absolutely chuffed we didnt sign Howard. We already have Leon, and to some extent Thorne who can play that role. The optimist in me hopes that the board''s prudence will manifest itself later on in the season as frustration and lack of patience with Worthers, and he is given the shove.

Lets face it, why do we want a manger that has the majority of fans against him buying players that the new manager (with hopefully a damn slight more ambition) wouldnt go anywhere near. I really believe the purse strings have been all but closed as the board are losing patience with the inept person currently in charge.

Much as I would like to see players like Halford, David Thompson, Kris Commons, Davenport, and maybe a season loan (Walcott improbable, but someone of his ilk), I dont think we will get them as long as we are going nowhere with Worthers in charge.

[quote user="Big A"]Nice to see you have brought the negativity and bitching back with you Wiz, and just as the Messageboard was starting to clean up.  Oh well.[/quote]Can we refrain from the bad language and name calling, its pathetic. Your the kind of person making this messageboard worse, wiz is actually providing structured debate and reason, you however are just being antagonistic and rude. Next time why don''t you try and bring something constructive to the board.

[quote user="Big A"]Nice to see you have brought the negativity and bitching back with you Wiz, and just as the Messageboard was starting to clean up.  Oh well.
[/quote]

If wanting new players, as the management promised there would be,  is negative and bitching Big A,  then I''m guilty as charged mate................and  pretty proud of it too.

98% of replies so far seem to agree with me.

You don''t often make much sense Wiz!!  with the following statement you do.

I don''t often back Worthy, but just who is he supposed to sign with no money to spend?. For that answer, we must address the thick shag carpet and wood polished boardroom and its incompetent  inhabitants

That is the whole point, sometimes I have nothng constructive to say, so I say NOTHING. Others proceed to post inaccurate rubbish purely with the intention of causing ''a stir'' THAT is what is making this board go downhill.  The past few weeks have been bliss, with a number of new posters starting threads and indulging in conversation that I have had the pleasure of reading, my concern is that this is now at an end and the messageboard will descend onto the messageboard of old, where the first page is full of threads started by the same person stating the same beliefs which act as proaganda for their incredible hatred toward everything NCFC.  Such a shame. At no point have i used name calling, I leave that to others.

I agree with you too, we should have signed some players by now, but the right players for the right money.  £1m for Howard is stupid money if you ask me and especially for a player we don''t need.  That is exactly the sort of signing we would have made this time last year.Would you rather we went out and did what we did last year? buyng utility player after utility player to fill no particular spot? actually don''t answer that, you advocate Chase afterallI know which players i would like to see signed (that are realistic) but I''m not about to tell the board what to do, because:a) I don''t know how much money we have to spend.b) I don''t know what contracts the player(s) is on currently.c) I don''t know the clubs finances (that well).

As far as I''m concerned everyone is entitled to their opinion.  If we all agreed all of the time the discussion would be boring!

I have read this board for ages but never comment for want of getting struck down.I think the reason for lack of signings is that the board have given worthington 10 games to sort the performances out or pack his bags. Have they told him something like its our squad so lets see some results . Hence the reason for lack of funds.the board will then have to pay compensation to worthington then give a new  manager funds to build with.

My take on this is quite simple, The board and manager promised via the media, that new faces would arrive shortly, and as yet they haven''t. Now whether or not Worthy was told different things by different people, remains to be seen.

But I have known managers with high principles to walk in these situations, a la Martin O''Neil, it remains to be seen as to whether or not NW will tolerate having his hands tied by financial constraints.

In a perfect world for me, he wouldn''t!.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m a bit puzzled with the Derby situation cause aren''t they £52m in debt, yet they stump up £1m for a player we obviously couldn''t afford.

I agree we need some answers Wiz !!!!

[/quote]

Maybe clubs like Derby are in debt  BECAUSE  they  do things like spend a million  on the likes of Howard ? ........        he might be right for Derby  , then again he may be crap  , its a 1 million pound gamble   , with the only cert winners being  the vultures [ agents ]   ...

Maybe the club  just don`t want to go down the route of last season  , where  they had to fob out half a million in vulture fees  ,  and , lets face it ,  only Earnie  looks worth the money

All the signs point to the  board   making a deliberate decision  to   keep to the players we`ve got , with loans brought in to cover for injuries ....   this " gamble "  has certain advantages ,  it costs the club nothing ,  there`s no new players to break in ,   and we have players  who have known each other  at least a year , plus it looks as if the academy  will be blooding the kids   this season  ,  and this policy  turnaround  looks to be the direct result of having a new coach ! 

So its all down to Nigel  !!  can he get his act together  ?     will he get the round pegs in the round holes ?   will he be brave  and make the changes when they`re needed  ?   will he get the players  to give it 100%     ?    cos Nige  if there`s one thing that pisses the fans off more than anything else   , its paying good money out to watch  half the team strolling about   in a disinterested fashion !!  

Maybe Worthington , like me and many others , didnt think Howard was worth £1m.

I''d rather they exercised caution in not paying inflated fees for donkeys.

There''s a while to go til the transfer window shuts , I''m much happier with the current policy than the scattergun approach of the past 2 seasons...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

My thread entitled ''We''re all but broke''  should have read  ''We ARE broke!.

[/quote]What about your thread entitled "Why I''m leaving"?My question would naturally be "Why have you come back?"

[quote user="Maverick"]

There''s a while to go til the transfer window shuts , I''m much happier with the current policy than the scattergun approach of the past 2 seasons...

[/quote]

If we didn''t sign him because he thought he wasn''t worth 1M, i don''t mind.

But if we we''re simply out-bidded by Derby, the board need to come out and speak!

[quote user="Maverick"]

[/quote]

I have to say Maverick, that £1 million for Howard is a tad steep. but Worthy named him as a target, and it would seem put two bids in for him.

We can only react to that news and surmise that the Club doesn''t even have enough money for players like Howard, what kind of message does that send out to our rivels?.

[quote user="Maverick"]

[/quote]

having watched Derby play last year in my opinion they desperatly lacked a decent striker.  Therefore although Howard`was not worth 1 million pounds for us, he probably is worth it for Derby.

Having wasted so much money on donkeys last season I would have to agree with Mavericks caution abouit doing it again.

In the end apart from Worthless making the signings our scouts should be taken out back and shot.  They are useless.

If you read between the lines of today''s Pink Un article:

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED24%20Jul%202006%2008%3A08%3A50%3A073

He (Worthy) very nearly said  ''we''ll go with what we''ve got''.

I bloody well knew it!, Munby and Doncaster have now lost what little credibility they had left in my eyes.

They should resign now....................................but of course they won''t, will they?.