Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Darren Ward to Leave! Reaction?

Well Darren''s out in the summer for free. Why didn''t worthy have the sense to put him on a longer contract and sell for something called ''Cash''. Ward must at least have got 100k! I''m not sure if i''m that happy about this one. I was happy to hear that Charlton was leaving.

On one side Ward is getting into the later stages of his career and we have got Gallacher and Lewis who are younger but on the other hand Ward is much better than Gallacher and Lewis is better off in the youth/reserves while we''ve got Green (I wouldn''t like to see Lewis''s potential rott on the bench every match). Ward is good cover for green but is he anymore?

I''d much prefer if Gallacher left, he hasn''t looked good and who will we replace Ward with. Gallacher can become the new 2nd choice but I don''t think he''s good enough? Not sure about this one, what do you guys think?

I think this has a lot to do with Ward''s back injury. It maybe that Gallacher is simply the safer bet to remain fit and as you say we have Lewis who should be our third keeper now.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]meh......  who cares.  Good luck to him.  I am sure Gallacher will also be out the door as he has been less than impressive by all accounts.[/quote]

I think Ward will go back to Forest, he was really liked there unless Russel Hoult is staying, not sure?

To be fair, do we need 4 goalkeepers? Probably not... Ward is the oldest of the three back-ups, though I''m uncertain as to which is better as we''ve not really had much of a chance to see them play! Am I right in saying Gallagher hasn''t played a single first team game for us??

Anyway, I think both players were bought with the assumption that Green would be off last Summer at least, further indications of our lack of ambition as a club - we''re little old Norwich, we''re bound to get relegated so our best players will probably be off, best get cover now...

I think Green even warming the bench in Germany will raise his profile, and I''m expecting him to leave this summer...

Gallagher and Lewis?

i am certain in my mind with one thing, and i have said it many times; gallacher and ward are not good enough to be a number 1. gallacher will prob be no.2 after green goes and another no.1 comes in.

i dont really get why so many keepers throughout the league just join a club to be on the bench. They have to travel all over the country just to sit there - whats the point

didnt worthy announce earlier in the season that Gallagher would be leaving too??

he is stillo on the transfer list...

so with Ward going, Gallagher going, Greeno possibly being mooted by everton... it leaves 18 year old "baby" Joe Lewis to play in goal.. talk about being thrown in at the deep end!!!

Worthington yet again proves how inept he is.... Look out for Simon Tracey to be tempted out of retirement as the replacement.. with nigel having had him "watched"

jas :)

Remember when Greeno was thrown in at the deep end - he still came out of it a couple of years later with England caps.......

I think Joe Lewis has great potential, but can you imagine Worthy playing anyone from the youth team, let alone giving them a run in the first team.........?

I have to say I''m not surprised. He is 31 and at a stage of his career where he needs to be playing regularly which he won''t do at Norwich unless Greeno leaves. After his injury problems I''m not convinced he is reliable enough to take over as number one anyway. The goalie situatin has been odd - Gallagher was supposed to be such a top notch keeper but he hasn''t played once and is available for transfer. (I bet he regrets moving to Norwich!) If both Ward and Gallgher go, with the possibility of Green going too, it would leave us with only Lewis! That seems a worrying situation with us needing to bring in two new goalies before next season which isn''t easy to do! This strikes me as another poor situation that the manager has got us into!

lol, how good is lewis in goal? I do remember green being dumped in at the deep end, it did him the world of good, as it would a lot of the younger players coming through!-adam

Darren Who?  Oh yeah fat bloke who let 2 in at Charlton, kept a clean sheet versus the might of Northampton and had 5 minutes versus ??As to JTBK, EM, P and AHJ moaning about Worthington letting Green and Gallacher go, has it happened yet?  No.  So why the fun are you stirring the pot and heaping more pressure on the manager when this is pure speculation and assumptions on your part.  If you want to have a go at Worthy at least base your arguments on fact, there are plenty of facts to choose from!

As to JTBK, EM, P and AHJ moaning about Worthington letting Green and Gallacher go, has it happened yet?  No.  So why the fun are you stirring the pot and heaping more pressure on the manager when this is pure speculation and assumptions on your part.  If you want to have a go at Worthy at least base your arguments on fact, there are plenty of facts to choose from!

Well said Freddy. 

Wards back problem has become chronic , he wont be  playing in goal for  any club , thats what you have to read into Nigels  statement ,  its always sad when a career is ended through injury ......

Nows the time  to stick Greeno on the bench  , and put Lewis  in his place ,  there`s bugger all to lose now , so lets see what he`s made of !   likewise lets give the kids a run out  , at the very least this will gain the interest  of punters who might stay away  now the seasons a dead duck !

I  can`t see Greeno  being with us  next season ,  its no secret that he lost  it during  our prem season , in which he let in a record  number of goals ,  thats when he lost the interest of the  swede , and just about every club in the prem !     if a keeper wants to go [ and he obviously does ]  let him !   

Seems to me that whatever Worthy decides he will still get pilloried for it, If he keeps 4 Keepers he will be wrong , If (as seems likely) he gets rid of the 2 Older Keepers and promotes a youth team product  to no2 he will be wrong. I M O. It is time to get some of our Youth got  into senior games! Still, If worthy plays touth someone will moan, and if he plays senior players he will still be wrong1 This is bl**dy silly !!

[quote user="Freddy H"]Darren Who?  Oh yeah fat bloke who let 2 in at Charlton, kept a clean sheet versus the might of Northampton and had 5 minutes versus ??

As to JTBK, EM, P and AHJ moaning about Worthington letting Green and Gallacher go, has it happened yet?  No.  So why the fun are you stirring the pot and heaping more pressure on the manager when this is pure speculation and assumptions on your part.  If you want to have a go at Worthy at least base your arguments on fact, there are plenty of facts to choose from!
[/quote] I wasn''t moaning about letting Gallagher go - I said IF Green and Gallagher go as well as Ward it leaves us in a difficult situation. Notice the IF in there. I''m sure Gallagher is available for transfer and it strikes me as odd when Ward''s been released and there is a real chance of Green leaving soon!! Why is that such an unacceptable thing to say?? I haven''t claimed anything is fact. If posts were only allowed if they were based on pure fact it would be an odd and poor forum for discussion!!

[quote user="city r us"]Seems to me that whatever Worthy decides he will still get pilloried for it, If he keeps 4 Keepers he will be wrong , If (as seems likely) he gets rid of the 2 Older Keepers and promotes a youth team product  to no2 he will be wrong. I M O. It is time to get some of our Youth got  into senior games! Still, If worthy plays touth someone will moan, and if he plays senior players he will still be wrong1 This is bl**dy silly !![/quote] I just think it would be sensible to hold onto Gallagher or Ward until we know whether Green is leaving or not! I''m all for promoting Lewis and playing him in the first team straight away but we still need another keeper if not two more. We could potentially go from having four keepers to one 18 year old (or is he 17?) who has never played which I think everyone will agree would not be a great situation! I would like to see Gallagher given a chance as well. He came with a good reputation so lets see him in action!