Posted (edited)

Doesn't like beans according to the PinkUn and states that the English put them on everything.

Not quite true, but beans are very good for you, though.

Otherwise, he spoke well of his time at City but thought himself better than the Chumps and did not fancy the toll of games.

I particularly remember him for that miss when running on goal and generally considered him not up there as far as the PL goes and a bit of a disappointment as far as City were concerned. A bit of a self-pamperer too it seems.

Decent player, but he probably cost us a lot and I wouldn't want him back at Carrow Road whatever. Neither would the local greasy spoon by the sound of it.

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Doesn't like beans according to the PinkUn and states that the English put them on everything.

Not quite true, but beans are very good for you, though.

Otherwise, he spoke well of his time at City but thought himself better than the Chumps and did not fancy the toll of games.

I particularly remember him for that miss when running on goal and generally considered him not up there as far as the PL goes and a bit of a disappointment as far as City were concerned. A bit of a self-pamperer too it seems.

Decent player, but he probably cost us a lot and I wouldn't want him back at Carrow Road whatever. Neither would the local greasy spoon by the sound of it.

Was ok, but nothing special. No better than what we’ve got currently though in my opinion 

• Like 2

Was a decent player. Probably would have been good for the championship but fair enough not a divison for everyone.

As I recall after leaving us and going to France he did very well.

On the verge of a call up from France. Clearly has excelled where he is, but really shines a spotlight on how can only flourish if they choose to do so. His heart was never in the Champ or with us.

Of numerous midfielders that have come and gone in recent years, Rupp is one of those who'd fit in well with our current squad.

PLM looked the part in flashes but they weren't sustained. The player he looked like he could be is now very much on show.

1 minute ago, Old Shuck said:

Of numerous midfielders that have come and gone in recent years, Rupp is one of those who'd fit in well with our current squad.

PLM looked the part in flashes but they weren't sustained. The player he looked like he could be is now very much on show.

1st season in English football in a team scrapping for survival with a pretty weak defence is not going to be the best conditions for a player to deliver consistantly.

As for Rupp, 33... plays for Aris in Greece... that in itself might suggest he's perhaps not been able to find the level he had for us. 

He looked decent enough in a woeful team.

Not surprising he refused to drop to the Championship, look where he is now.

41 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Did always feel Rupp was rather underated while here. Always put in a solid shift, never complained kept his head up and got on with it.

probably playing in the Champions League next season. Definitely a case of what could have been if he'd been in a functional team

• Like 1

Was too inconsistent here. There were signs of greatness but he ,was always likely to struggle in a team not quite good enough for the top flight. Like so many of our premier league signings. 

Except Harry kane. He was just awful when he was here! 

Both Lees-Melou and Rudd would do a decent job for us in the Championship.

On 25/04/2024 at 08:19, Fen Canary said:

Was ok, but nothing special. No better than what we’ve got currently though in my opinion 

I think he'd have done very well in the Championship, but apparently didn't fancy sticking around to find out,  and Brest who he went to are not far from where he grew up, neighbouring province, and we got our money back on him,

I think it was Lukas Rupp that we missed more upon relegation.

If PLM could play the second 45 as well as his first 45 he'd have been a player. Seemed to tire too early. Was a decent presser and was good on the ball though, would have done well in the Championship

The bloke is delusional if he thinks he should be a Premier League player - doesn't have the engine required. I disagree that he'd have done well in the Championship - not physical enough, he'd have been bypassed. Well suited to the French League obviously.

12 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Neither would get into the current starting 11

Just read a report that Trybull is interesting championship clubs. I’d take him back as a useful squad player in the champs

12 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Neither would get into the current starting 11