dylanisabaddog

Tonight's the night - Hull v Coventry

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

Cunning, eh? Being from the Midlands, I’ve often wondered if you were really a wily old 🦊 

😂

That’s pathetic, even by your poor standards. Please engage me or I’m off to watch The League Of Gentlemen on IPlayer. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s pathetic, even by your poor standards. Please engage me or I’m off to watch The League Of Gentlemen on IPlayer. 

Course you are.

#partygirls 

A draw would have been nice but a Hull win was the second best outcome. Still in our hands, we just need to win one more

2 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Course you are.

#partygirls 

Jesus Duncan! Is that it? Come on lad, you’re funnier than this. 

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Jesus Duncan! Is that it? Come on lad, you’re funnier than this. 

Oh, come on. Your responses are deader than the Tories election chances. You’re like if someone ordered Cluck off Wish. 😉

59 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well, it seems likely that both the binners and Hull will want the win, and a draw would probably do us fine - it is one of those rare occasions where binners getting some sort of a result could do us a huge favour. 

Let Hull beat them heavily, meaning the binners could be heading to the lottery of the play offs.

Ideally a draw which would then farcup both of them - and we wouldn't have to live with the possibility of them getting promoted automatically and them forever bleating how we only made the play-offs by their help. Idiotic I know, but they do tend to cling onto misinformation and that 'glorious history' guff

Nope. If we can't pick up one win v Swansea or Brum, then what chance would we have in the play-offs ?

I think this result is actually good for us. It keeps us focused on the Swansea game knowing that we have to give it our all. It keeps Hull up for it vs the scum and, in addition,  the goal difference means we should be fine. It also means Coventry will have zero pressure on them and their fans will want to give them a hero's send off against the scum.

13 minutes ago, Taiwan Canary said:

I think this result is actually good for us. It keeps us focused on the Swansea game knowing that we have to give it our all. It keeps Hull up for it vs the scum and, in addition,  the goal difference means we should be fine. It also means Coventry will have zero pressure on them and their fans will want to give them a hero's send off against the scum.

Not so sure. They should be focussed on the Swansea game in any case, and as much as they were on the Binner game.

Although it virtually eliminates Coventry, it boosts Hull. I still would have favoured a draw.

Ditto v. ITFC.

It might come down to that goal diff. I hope not.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, RobJames said:

Let Hull beat them heavily, meaning the binners could be heading to the lottery of the play offs.

Ideally a draw which would then farcup both of them - and we wouldn't have to live with the possibility of them getting promoted automatically and them forever bleating how we only made the play-offs by their help. Idiotic I know, but they do tend to cling onto misinformation and that 'glorious history' guff

Nope. If we can't pick up one win v Swansea or Brum, then what chance would we have in the play-offs ?

And possibly reduce the goal difference advantage over them? It might come to that.

If the play-offs are a lottery, why will we stand little chance in them if we fail to pick up one more win? A lottery suggests equal chance. 

They will be more of a test for the fragile Binners it would seem so they must hope that hey get the right ticket.

I still fear WBA the most.

But, as you say, they're a lottery, but some have more entries than others.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Well now the dust has settled from last night we can see what we must do.

Beat Swansea at home on Saturday and with our superior and almost certain to remain goal difference we will all but be mathematically in the play offs even if Hull do beat Ipswich by an odd goal that evening.

• Like 2

If Leeds win on Friday night the Binners will be 4 points adrift by the time they play Hull on Sunday evening, even with games in hand that gap is going to put huge pressure on them at this stage of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if WBA lose to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday and Hull will be hunting them down when they play the Scum (assuming we can get a result against Swansea).

Could well see playoff games of Hull v Scum, and City v Southampton.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nik Vawn said:

If Leeds win on Friday night the Binners will be 4 points adrift by the time they play Hull on Sunday evening, even with games in hand that gap is going to put huge pressure on them at this stage of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if WBA lose to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday and Hull will be hunting them down when they play the Scum (assuming we can get a result against Swansea).

Could well see playoff games of Hull v Scum, and City v Southampton.

Yes - Hull are angling for both us OR WBA to slip up! A reasonable hope.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 2

It's a shame these games aren't all played at the same time. TV is ruining the drama.

WBA aren't there yet. It's Wednesday's play-off final - I can see them beating the Baggies.

By the time Ipswich kick-off auto promotion will be unlikely and they will have one eye on a semi final against. In that case I expect Hull to beat them.

In a way I hope it comes down to the last game. I want us in the play-offs in battle mode.

• Like 1

If Ipswich fluff the chance of Automatic spot , lose in the play offs and we go up would be the biggest laugh ever 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

If Ipswich fluff the chance of Automatic spot , lose in the play offs and we go up would be the biggest laugh ever 

The only thing that would make it sweeter would be McKenna then being poached by Colchester. Or anyone really. 😉

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 2

Hull at home, not their best there, been better away from home.  Buckle under fan pressure.

13 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Even if we can beat teams in the top 3 from down the road?

Yes of course, to get in the playoffs it's how you fair against the majority of teams in this league.  If we don't fancy ourselves to beat a team in the bottom 3 then we can't really argue that we should be in the playoffs. We have to show that we want it more.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

it's how you fair

Fair’s fare.
But I’d agree with that. My prediction is we’ll be ok against teams beginning with S or playing in blue. Leeds and WBrom would be harder to call