Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

What's your strangest pre-match routine?

I once flew home from holiday in Zante, got the coach from London and then went to the match.

This Coventry fan is going to run the London Marathon and then go to Wembley for the FA Cup semi-final.

• Like 1

Left Leicester at 07.45 stopping halfway at the Coronation Cafe (Guyhirn) for toast and a nice cup of tea. 

Father parked up the car and me and my brothers made a mad rush for opening hour at the Bell before moving on to the Murderer’s. 

Marched up Timber Hill, took a right for pool play and more beers at the Surrey Tavern. Vomited in the toilets but was able to continue for two more beers in the Ferryboat before entering the stadium at the U14 entrance on the Barclay terrace. 

I’ll have to check the archives but I believe Mark Barham scored a screamer v Man Utd in a drawn match. Back home for 20.00hrs for a well deserved fish supper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got into an awkward situation.  I don't usually drink, and I don't drink at football, but I fancied a cider before the stoke game.  And we won.  An away game that we won.  So I thought 'well, there might be something in this'.  So I had a point of cider before the Ipswich game.  That we won.  

Then I was at Preston, and the places to get a drink around the ground are all home fans only.  But I still went over to the Catholic social club to get my pint.  And we won.

Now I'm stuck wondering whether I need to have one if I'm not watching live.  And also wondering how I'll manage it at Birmingham given the early kickoff.

15 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

I've got into an awkward situation.  I don't usually drink, and I don't drink at football, but I fancied a cider before the stoke game.  And we won.  An away game that we won.  So I thought 'well, there might be something in this'.  So I had a point of cider before the Ipswich game.  That we won.  

Then I was at Preston, and the places to get a drink around the ground are all home fans only.  But I still went over to the Catholic social club to get my pint.  And we won.

Now I'm stuck wondering whether I need to have one if I'm not watching live.  And also wondering how I'll manage it at Birmingham given the early kickoff.

Bloomin’ ‘eck, if you’d only turned to drink at the start of the season, we’d be in the automatic promotion spots now!

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

I share your pain. A couple of months ago I had a very uncomfortable afternoon at Carrow Road in a forgettable win. When I went to bed I realised I'd had my boxer shorts on back to front. At the next home game I told the people around me about this and they sent me off to the toilets to switch my pants round. This is quite clearly the reason for our upturn in fortunes. That and your cider. 

46 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

If you’re going by train, they sell cider in cans. Don’t go for anything over 10% though 🤣

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Left Leicester at 07.45 stopping halfway at the Coronation Cafe (Guyhirn) for toast and a nice cup of tea. 

Father parked up the car and me and my brothers made a mad rush for opening hour at the Bell before moving on to the Murderer’s. 

Marched up Timber Hill, took a right for pool play and more beers at the Surrey Tavern. Vomited in the toilets but was able to continue for two more beers in the Ferryboat before entering the stadium at the U14 entrance on the Barclay terrace. 

I’ll have to check the archives but I believe Mark Barham scored a screamer v Man Utd in a drawn match. Back home for 20.00hrs for a well deserved fish supper. 

3-3 draw if I remember probably about 1986

Once I made a cup of tea before a game, and missed the first ten minutes searching for one of those dodgy stream things. When I got in the score was 0-0 but my tea had gone cold. The labrador still laughs about that until I had him put down. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Once I made a cup of tea before a game, and missed the first ten minutes searching for one of those dodgy stream things. When I got in the score was 0-0 but my tea had gone cold. The labrador still laughs about that until I had him put down. 

Bit harsh on the labrador.

Where’s your sense of humour ? 😉

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

4 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

We’re heading for the Wellington on Bennett’s Hill. Open at 10am so plenty of time.

I’ll get ‘em to put one for you behind the bar. 🙂

36 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

We’re heading for the Wellington on Bennett’s Hill. Open at 10am so plenty of time.

I’ll get ‘em to put one for you behind the bar. 🙂

I think we’ll all buy you one if it works! Let me know where you want the cash sent.

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I share your pain. A couple of months ago I had a very uncomfortable afternoon at Carrow Road in a forgettable win. When I went to bed I realised I'd had my boxer shorts on back to front. At the next home game I told the people around me about this and they sent me off to the toilets to switch my pants round. This is quite clearly the reason for our upturn in fortunes. That and your cider. 

If Coventry win that poor woman will have to run a marathon on the day of the final.

• Haha 3

Some people post messages about how we're going to lose, criticise the team selection and when we win they disappear for days. That seems quite strange to me.

11 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

There’s a ‘spoons near the station that will be open early. You can almost certainly buy cider in the ground or does your superstition say you have to drink before entering the ground?

6 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I usually just rack up some ket

Blimey Charlie. 

Early on during our current winning streak at home I made the mental association that I’d always entered the ground through turnstile 46 during this run. So for the last half dozen or so home games I’ve made sure to enter through that turnstile, even if it has the longest queue of the batch. 

The bad news is - I’m sitting in a different part of the ground today, so we’re doomed! 

11 minutes ago, Northluck C said:

Early on during our current winning streak at home I made the mental association that I’d always entered the ground through turnstile 46 during this run. So for the last half dozen or so home games I’ve made sure to enter through that turnstile, even if it has the longest queue of the batch. 

The bad news is - I’m sitting in a different part of the ground today, so we’re doomed! 

What!! Oh God😱

• Haha 1

The fact that I don't have a pre-match routine....Is probably my pre-match routine?.....'Wibble'......

6 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

You really shouldn't use 'bladder' and 'explodes' in the same headline

no one did till people started abusing ketamine.