Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Top 3 Stadiums (Championship 23/24)

Top 3 for what?  If QPR is at the top it is a strange list - Loftus Road is an awful ground, designed by a complete moron.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Top 3 for what?  If QPR is at the top it is a strange list - Loftus Road is an awful ground, designed by a complete moron.

Comfort, scenic and atmosphere. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Do quite like Hillsborough. If you want me to throw some in that I don't think many others will then I do think that Ashton Gate and the New York Stadium are pretty decent.

Loftus Road is ok, much as the closeness to the pitch is great but it does rather feel like a tincan in which everyone is rather forced and squished together

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Comfort, scenic and atmosphere. 

Each to their own, particularly for points one and two. With literally hundreds of seats where you can barely see the pitch, I have to disagree.  It is a terribly designed ground.

36 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Where has this list come from? Interesting to see where we are.

CR always gets slagged off on twitter, but when I look at other clubs forum, they often say its a decent away day. Saw something similar on the Bristol City forum earlier this week, despite the travelling distance. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do quite like Hillsborough. If you want me to throw some in that I don't think many others will then I do think that Ashton Gate and the New York Stadium are pretty decent.

Loftus Road is ok, much as the closeness to the pitch is great but it does rather feel like a tincan in which everyone is rather forced and squished together

That is great and accurate knowledge from someone who reportedly never goes. 

39 minutes ago, Satriales said:

CR always gets slagged off on twitter, but when I look at other clubs forum, they often say its a decent away day. Saw something similar on the Bristol City forum earlier this week, despite the travelling distance. 

Badly needs that new stand, not going to happen though is it. 

21 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Badly needs that new stand, not going to happen though is it. 

At least (some of) the away fans get a nice view of the cathederal!

1. The Ricoh (or whatever the latest name is)

2. Stadium of Light

3. Hillsborough

1. is easy to get to, good parking right close by, acoustics of the stadium are superb.

2. Vast amount of space round the ground, friendly fans and a capacity of 46,000 easily the highest in the Championship. Impressive stadium in many respects.

3. Love going there by tram from Meadowhall. Never had any issues with the home fans (unlike the other club!). Clearly in need of major renovation by remains iconic. Why Leppings Lane end was not demolished and rebuilt immediately after 'Hillsborough' remains a mystery. Seeing 'that tunnel' still brings back those memories and I was at Villa Park as it unfolded. Bet that end is haunted. 

8 minutes ago, Satriales said:

At least (some of) the away fans get a nice view of the cathederal!

It’s beautiful isn’t it. Visit that every time we come. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

1, Loftus Road 

2, Hillsborough 

3, Ewood Park 

Anyone disagree with any of these? 

Loftus road is a cramped ****hole with a leaky roof. They should knock it down and rebuild.

37 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

Loftus road is a cramped ****hole with a leaky roof. They should knock it down and rebuild.

Indeed - and it isn’t too hard, surely, to design stands that you can see the pitch from. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

A special mention to St Andrew’s too, proper old school stadium. 

Not for much longer, and their new stadium will be amazing. Also will be built to have concerts and American Football matches.

I thought Huddersfield's ground was really picturesque. Having the away fans in an L shape at Leicester made for a great atmosphere. If you're not in the main car park at Coventry then it's a proper trek. QPR was the worst I've been to outside of non-league - no leg room, only 1 exit so took about 10 mins extra to get out, corridor too narrow so you couldn't walk past the queues for drinks etc.  I quite like Preston's ground, but too too far away.

image.jpeg.a7dff12cd7e792fcd65d854f5526be4a.jpeg

This ain't Lego or a model....it is actually Lofthouse Road.....For Real!....Factissimo!....

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Not for much longer, and their new stadium will be amazing. Also will be built to have concerts and American Football matches.

Fast takeover at Brum I see. Personally I prefer the slow burning 4 year version. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, King of Speling said:

I thought Huddersfield's ground was really picturesque. Having the away fans in an L shape at Leicester made for a great atmosphere. If you're not in the main car park at Coventry then it's a proper trek. QPR was the worst I've been to outside of non-league - no leg room, only 1 exit so took about 10 mins extra to get out, corridor too narrow so you couldn't walk past the queues for drinks etc.  I quite like Preston's ground, but too too far away.

Yes, Huddersfield too, from my limited sample

sure it’s plastic/ meccano territory but I find the architecture & setting quite appealing

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fast takeover at Brum I see. Personally I prefer the slow burning 4 year version. 

It hasn't taken four years though... especially as there is yet to be a takeover... which is rather the point.

May as well say, 'Nice to see someone complete a marathon, the statue of liberty has still not completed one in nearly 140yrs!'

Edited by chicken

The New Den is up there too for a ‘Must Visit’ Nice choice of bars and great Pie and Mash shops to warm up on during the colder months. 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

It hasn't taken four years though... especially as there is yet to be a takeover... which is rather the point.

May as well say, 'Nice to see someone complete a marathon, the statue of liberty has still not completed one in nearly 140yrs!'

If it goes to plan 4 years will be all it has taken from that first visit by Mark and the gang. Only seems like yesterday and why should there be a rush for completion. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If it goes to plan 4 years will be all it has taken from that first visit by Mark and the gang. Only seems like yesterday and why should there be a rush for completion. 

It's not a 'take-over' though... just sayin.

6 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Why Leppings Lane end was not demolished and rebuilt immediately after 'Hillsborough' remains a mystery. Seeing 'that tunnel' still brings back those memories and I was at Villa Park as it unfolded. Bet that end is haunted. 

And is the prime reason why I hate Hillsborough. And the awful blue seating. Cold, cold, place. The way they treat away fans is abysmal, the fare on offer at the recent match made me feel embarrassed for my adopted City. No way is Hillsborough anywhere near a good ground. Knock it down and start again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Why Leppings Lane end was not demolished and rebuilt immediately after 'Hillsborough' remains a mystery. Seeing 'that tunnel' still brings back those memories and I was at Villa Park as it unfolded. Bet that end is haunted. 

Why should Wednesday pay to build a new stand just because some scousers didn’t know they needed to buy a ticket to watch a semi final?

Sorry that’s probably just got the thread taken down