Sign in to follow this  

Posted (edited)

For anyone wondering what Hull and Coventry's repsective games in hand are over us in the final run-in? I just took a look  😄

Untitled.png.3ffc174f15634d806268aad4861c5050.png

Edited by The Great Mass Debater
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

For anyone wondering what Hull and Coventry's repsective games in hand are over us in the final run-in? I just took a look  😄

Untitled.png.3ffc174f15634d806268aad4861c5050.png

Coventry aren’t making top 6 now, so a home win or draw would be nice. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Coventry aren’t making top 6 now, so a home win or draw would be nice. 

Theyre 8 points behind with 12 to play for. Hull 6 behind with 12 to play for. Draw would suit us

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Theyre 8 points behind with 12 to play for. Hull 6 behind with 12 to play for. Draw would suit us

Next season could well be their time. Might be getting a big windfall from a Gyökeres sale in the summer too. They’ll be very competitive and one to watch.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I wonder if Cov are thinking more about the FA Cup than the playoffs?

Well they must fancy their chances against the hapless Man Utd but the Play Offs are more important, especially as they'd probably face Man City in the Final.

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Well they must fancy their chances against the hapless Man Utd but the Play Offs are more important, especially as they'd probably face Man City in the Final.

Are they more important? Football is supposed to be about glory. Which do you think Portsmouth and Wigan look back more fondly on, their FA Cup win or the few mid table top flight finishes?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fen Canary said:

Are they more important? Football is supposed to be about glory. Which do you think Portsmouth and Wigan look back more fondly on, their FA Cup win or the few mid table top flight finishes?

True but Coventry could make the Play Offs. Long shot but it could happen

Draw

Coventry win

Hull win

Regardless, at least one team will be 1 point closer to us. However it's starting to look as though it won't really matter. Very much in our own hands.

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure why any Norwich fan would care what Hull and Cov do now. Those two teams are looking at West Brom now, not us.

Edited by non-scoring strikers

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

I'm not sure why any Norwich fan would care what Hull and Cov do now. Those two teams are looking at West Brom now.

There is another reason to be interested in what Cov. and Hull do from here on. They both still have to entertain the binners, and potentially scupper their automatic promotion dreams.

Edited by makham
  • Like 2

When Cov beat manure and lose to Citeh in the final, do they qualify for Europe ? Not sure how it works now, esp as Citeh will be in Europe by wining the league.

14 minutes ago, Bigbrenn said:

When Cov beat manure and lose to Citeh in the final, do they qualify for Europe ? Not sure how it works now, esp as Citeh will be in Europe by wining the league.

Think it might be given to an extra place team in the EPL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Think it might be given to an extra place team in the EPL.

It’s changed then? I remember Millwall qualifying when they lost the final. 

I have a feeling it has changed. Probably as the 'elite clubs' wanted stop teams like that getting there!

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s changed then? I remember Millwall qualifying when they lost the final. 

Was that when it was cup winners cup? 

3 hours ago, makham said:

There is another reason to be interested in what Cov. and Hull do from here on. They both still have to entertain the binners, and potentially scupper their automatic promotion dreams.

I stand corrected. Come on Cov and Hull!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, makham said:

The problem is that by the time both of them play Ipswich it is extremely likely that 5th and 6th will be sewn up and they'll have nothing to play for 

On that basis we probably need Hull to beat Coventry as they would then have something to play for when they face the Binners on April 27th.

If Hull lose at Watford though and we beat Bristol City they will be 9pts behind us with 3 to play. 

I suspect both will be in flip-flops when they play Ipswich and if they aren't it means we have messed up.

21 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

This is why I wish we’d put more effort into cups. The money shortfall is shortsighted in my opinion. A cup success generates capital in other ways other than tha prize money and not just financially either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The problem is that by the time both of them play Ipswich it is extremely likely that 5th and 6th will be sewn up and they'll have nothing to play for 

Yes  that's the fear. 

On 16/04/2024 at 10:57, Midlands Yellow said:

Next season could well be their time. Might be getting a big windfall from a Gyökeres sale in the summer too. They’ll be very competitive and one to watch.

You said that this season 🙂 

37 minutes ago, BigFish said:

You said that this season 🙂 

I thought they might squeeze top 6 but started slow again after bedding in new players. Have definitely ran out of steam at the business end but have a plan to get where they want. My tip for autos next season. 

17 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I thought they might squeeze top 6 but started slow again after bedding in new players. Have definitely ran out of steam at the business end but have a plan to get where they want. My tip for autos next season. 

Possibly, looking at the relegation fodder in the EPL this year, next years Champs could well be much weaker than this year. Although if the binners do go up it would leave a couple of strong sides behind, finances permitting.

On 16/04/2024 at 10:57, Midlands Yellow said:

Which is exactly what people said about this season!

23 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Which is exactly what people said about this season!

A few said a season of struggle actually, name the ones who predicted promotion. Answer, none. 

37 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

A few said a season of struggle actually, name the ones who predicted promotion. Answer, none. 

You for example-you actually seem to have a fascination with them! 

15 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

You for example-you actually seem to have a fascination with them! 

Fair enough, I thought you might mean Nutty. Seem to remember he has a soft spot for them.