BroadstairsR

Australian mass killing.

Posted (edited)

Awful, and all too frequent everywhere.

Includes a baby. Five plus victims and rising.

Culprit:

Draw your own conclusions.

A video screengrab shows the attacker wielding a large knife

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I didn't bother at the time given it'd be unwelcome to the preferred narratives around here, but seeing as you mention it, a mother was stabbed to death on a street in broad daylight pushing her child in a pram last week in Bradford.

https://news.sky.com/story/man-charged-with-murder-of-woman-stabbed-to-death-while-pushing-pram-in-bradford-13112589

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Anyone carrying a knife, long long prison sentence.

Attacking women, children or elderly- put to sleep, like a bad dog.

Got a better plan?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I didn't bother at the time given it'd be unwelcome to the preferred narratives around here, but seeing as you mention it, a mother was stabbed to death on a street in broad daylight pushing her child in a pram last week in Bradford.

https://news.sky.com/story/man-charged-with-murder-of-woman-stabbed-to-death-while-pushing-pram-in-bradford-13112589

I struggle to see the relevance. Those of Asian descent commit less crime per head in the UK than the indigenous population.

Although obviously when they do they get on the front page of the Daily Mail. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I struggle to see the relevance. Those of Asian descent commit less crime per head in the UK than the indigenous population.

They are dramatically more inclined to mutilate women and children, although by no means ruling out men, in public places in broad daylight though, either for personal reasons or just generally. 

Incidentally, the story I mentioned appeared in plenty of outlets other than the Mail.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Sheva said:

Anyone carrying a knife, long long prison sentence.

Attacking women, children or elderly- put to sleep, like a bad dog.

Got a better plan?

Carrying knives is already illegal in the UK. There is simply not enough space in prisons to imprison all the people who ignore it, plus the accusation of racism make the police more reluctant to actually check the people most likely to be ignoreing the law, which is young black and Asian men in urban areas. Then even if they're caught, in practise there isn't the prison space to put them away. So it's a useless law that takes away the freedoms of people who respect the law.

In contrast, I often have a knife in my pocket in France where it's perfectly legal; I frequently need one working so it's convenient. We don't have noticably more stabbing incidents though.

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

This is not just a simple crime, though, is it? This is mass, indiscriminate and horror killing in assessed populated areas, shopping centres and entertainment venues etc.

London Bridge, the Barbican, Paris etc.  They are piling up with appalling consistency.

There is a pattern of machetes, deadly weapons and bombs. If it's not a disturbing trend with you, then it is with me.

Australia is not the US where all sorts of weaponised screwballs abound, often targetting schools.  

Let's wait until the attacker's identity is revealed, eh?

I know Bondi Junction a bit and it is a nice area. A sad day and sympathies to the murdered victims.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

I know Bondi Junction a bit and it is a nice area. A sad day and sympathies to the murdered victims.

Although I’ve no idea of the motivation of the attacker, I understand that Bondi has a high Jewish population.

Attacker known to police and terrorism ruled out. Must admit it was where my mind went when I saw the news given current tensions but will be interesting to find out the motive, if there is any.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

This is not just a simple crime, though, is it? This is mass, indiscriminate and horror killing in assessed populated areas, shopping centres and entertainment venues etc.

London Bridge, the Barbican, Paris etc.  They are piling up with appalling consistency.

There is a pattern of machetes, deadly weapons and bombs. If it's not a disturbing trend with you, then it is with me.

Australia is not the US where all sorts of weaponised screwballs abound, often targetting schools.  

Let's wait until the attacker's identity is revealed, eh?

So you're OK with white people who kill a lot of people but when someone comes along who isn't white you have a problem?

I'm afraid that history tells us that white people kill more than non white people. That's an unarguable statistic. I'm truly sorry for you if you don't quite get that. 

Posted (edited)

"Draw your own conclusions"

Given the police have said its not terrorism related what conclusions would those be?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

So you're OK with white people who kill a lot of people but when someone comes along who isn't white you have a problem?

I'm afraid that history tells us that white people kill more than non white people. That's an unarguable statistic. I'm truly sorry for you if you don't quite get that. 

Eh!

"I am ok with white people who kill a lot of people?" What nonsense. I said no such thing. Who could be ok with that?

What an incredible twist. Ridiculous.

Are you out there with the fairies, by any chance?

I neither implied nor said anything of the sort, but merely stated that machete (hunting knife) attacks in public places and other mass killings were an increasingly frequent happening. I also quoted other similar examples of mass killings.

I was also clear to add that we should wait until the identity (and motives) of the attacker is revealed before any pre-judgement is made. Yet you prefer to go off in such a tangent.

"Ok with white people who kill a lot of people." My backside to put it politely.

Posted (edited)

The conclusion I'd draw from this is that the perpetrator is a funking end of a bell. After that, it's all about waiting for the police findings.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

only because in the uk white people make up 82% of the population and black people 4%. If you take into account size of ethnic groups, black people are five times more likely to commit homicide in the UK.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

"only because in the uk white people make up 82% of the population and black people 4%. If you take into account size of ethnic groups, black people are five times more likely to commit homicide in the UK."

True, but this nothing to do with black people but more to do with extreme(nb) Muslim factions armed with either machetes-type weapons or worse in order to carry out mass killings and sacrifice themselves in the name of Allah.

There have been many such atrocities carried out in this country in Europe.

Black crime is probably more associated with lack of opportunity.

The majority of both factions being sound citizens who are not dangerous. 

Furthermore, with the number of Muslim immigrants getting into this country one way or another, there are bound to be some dangerous elements.

8 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I’ll assume by Asian descent you’re including the Chinese, Indian, Filipinos etc as Asia is a big place and it helps manipulate the statistics.

Do you have the statistics for simply those just from predominantly Muslim countries? 

• Like 1

I’ll stand by my previous post of long sentences for anyone carrying a knife or gun( not enough prisons- build more)  and those in for minor crimes who are not a public danger , can be released and dealt with by very strong community services- ‘chain gangs’. 

IMO there is to many excuses made for the reasons of crime, unless strong actions  are taken now, more and more Cities and towns will become no go zones. 

The streets of the UK are now far more dangerous than the likes of Ukraine where the elderly, women and kids travel safely at any time. You can’t now travel on a bus or train in Norwich or Norfolk in safety. Youths are carrying knifes and now moving to guns. That’s  where we are and going downhill fast .

Islamic extremism is rife, with attacks around the world, western women and children are mainly targeted . It’s just not exceptable and shouldn’t be tolerated in any form.

7 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

True, but this nothing to do with black people but more to do with extreme(nb) Muslim factions armed with either machetes-type weapons or worse in order to carry out mass killings and sacrifice themselves in the name of Allah.

There have been many such atrocities carried out in this country in Europe.

Black crime is probably more associated with lack of opportunity.

The majority of both factions being sound citizens who are not dangerous. 

Furthermore, with the number of Muslim immigrants getting into this country one way or another, there are bound to be some dangerous elements.

I think Muslim factions that you speak of are covered in the statistics I provided under the category 'Other', though of course other indigenous groups (eg. asian) would also be included so it's not specifically Muslim. However 'other' makes up both 14% of the population and commit 14% of the homicides. Still higher than 'whites' on a pro rata basis.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I think Muslim factions that you speak of are covered in the statistics I provided under the category 'Other', though of course other indigenous groups (eg. asian) would also be included so it's not specifically Muslim. However 'other' makes up both 14% of the population and commit 14% of the homicides. Still higher than 'whites' on a pro rata basis.

We are not quite talking about individual/victim related homicides as such here. I wouldn't know the exact statistics in any case.

Mass homicides, of course but, I am really referring to random stabbings/shootings in crowded places/venues in the name of Allah.

That's all.

Whether or not this latest horror is extremist related, we will have to wait for more details of the individual involved. But a faith related crime has to be considered by fact of the history of such attacks, London Bridge, Barbican and others. The fact that a Jewish area of Sydney was selected by him may or may not be significant in this context.

We will have to wait and see.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Religion did have nothing to do with it, in this instance. The killer was diagnosed as schizophrenic 23 years ago and had recently been posting a lot online about weapons. Given that he was known to police and had only moved there recently, it looks like mental health services will have a lot of questions to answer.

• Like 2

That's the trouble with jumping to conclusions......

Well this thread is a bit of an eye opener isn't it?

The attacker, named Joel Cauchi, from the radical islamic hotspot of Toowoomba Queensland.

The fact some of you saw an olive skinned man who'd commited murder and immediately jumped to debating Muslim crime statistics should maybe give you pause for some self examination.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Herman said:

That's the trouble with jumping to conclusions......

Nobody jumped to conclusions. The fact that it was a random (long-knife) stabbing injuring/killing innocents in a crowded shopping centre in a Jewish area of Sydney, which bore resemblance to similar extremist attacks in the past (which I won't repeat) led a lot (including myself) to consider that it might have been  religiously motivated is not jumping to conclusions.

I repeatedly said that we would have to wait until the full details of the attacker and his motives were revealed before coming to such conclusions. Perhaps you were not paying attention.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Nobody jumped to conclusions. The fact that a random (long-knife) stabbing injuring killing innocents in a crowded shopping centre in a Jewish area of Sydney, which bore resemblance to similar extremist attacks in the past (which I won't repeat) led a lot (including myself) to consider that it was a religiously motivated is not jumping to conclusions.

I repeatedly said that we would have to wait until the full details of the attacker and his motives were revealed before coming to conclusions. Perhaps you were not paying attention.

That is the definition of jumping to conclusions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Herman said:

That is the definition of jumping to conclusions.

Is it? I said " to consider that it might have been religiously motivated" is NOT the 'definition of jumping to conclusions.'

Get your dictionary out. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Is it? I said " to consider that it might have been religiously motivated" is NOT the 'definition of jumping to conclusions.'

Get your dictionary out. 

Everyone could read your original post and then subsequent post about the Barbican and London Bridge and consider the point you were making. There was no subterfuge or veiled language. You also stated "Culprit" with a colon after then "draw your own conclusions".

To now state you didn't is plain dishonesty. Don't bother to  make some further catty remark about getting your dictionary out. Everyone can see and read for themselves.

The world is full of problems without people like you stoking more division and playing on peoples' emotions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Well this thread is a bit of an eye opener isn't it?

The attacker, named Joel Cauchi, from the radical islamic hotspot of Toowoomba Queensland.

The fact some of you saw an olive skinned man who'd commited murder and immediately jumped to debating Muslim crime statistics should maybe give you pause for some self examination.

Quite agree KC. 

It seems some are more interested in their own agenda than waiting for the facts to emerge (despite the NSW police asking people not to speculate). It's more reminiscent to me of the Adams Mendes case in the UK recently.

It seems some people really can't but help themselves but to jump in both feet and to look foolish.

Condolences to all the victims and be pleased of the gun control laws both here and in Oz. In the states these 'shooter' incidents are regularly so much worse.

• Like 2