As long as the clubs are receiving more money, shouldn't be much of an issue. Maybe for people that live overseas. 

• Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.

Not just iFollow but club streaming services too, so what will Canaries TV do now?

I can't pretend to be outraged as I use illegal streams and haven't paid a cent to NCFC even if coverage ia available.

The international streaming remains so the illegal streaming will also remain. 

42 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not just iFollow but club streaming services too, so what will Canaries TV do now?

I can't pretend to be outraged as I use illegal streams and haven't paid a cent to NCFC even if coverage ia available.

Wonder if that means that Chris Goreham can add Sky commentator to his CV then? 🙂

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

If it's available, I always try to catch the Canary TV stream, even though the results score wise have made it pretty poor value for the tenner charged. I have found it to be a good and reliable service;  particularly when you add in the Radio Norfolk commentary.

Not all of us can afford, or be bothered  to get a Sky subscription, so that forces us into illegal streams, if we don't want to follow the match on the BBC or club text service.

Pretty poor attitude by the EFL in my opinion.

• Like 2

I have found that Canaries TV is often no better than dodgy streams - picture freezing and slow loading. Not good enough imo, when we are paying for a service. All other paid streams are fine on my system, no problems, so it should be the same with Canaries TV.  One exception to that is eurosport, which is also poor in my experience - and they tell me to do this, do that, clear this, clear that, reload, re-boot etc etc.....but it just shouldn't be like that! 

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

have found that Canaries TV is often no better than dodgy streams

No surprise, basically the same technology used to broadcast from the same source. I doubt much is spent on ensuring its better than most streams three years ago. The issue now is FAWA is so reliable it makes most legitimate sources pedestrian.

Posted (edited)

I have never had any problems at all with my Canary TV option. No freezing, good picture quality and perfect sound etc. I just watch it on my 2 year old laptop, so I am a bit bemused to hear that others do not get similar. It's not as if our broadband service is that great here in South Norfolk, but maybe better than where you are LDC?

I also find that F..N.. stream only covers less than half the screen, and that I cannot get it to go to full screen mode. It just opens up a new window full of rubbish advertising when I try. Do you have the same problem?

Edited by Addick/Canary
  • Like 1

Buffer?

29 minutes ago, Addick/Canary said:

I have never had any problems at all with my Canary TV option. No freezing, good picture quality and perfect sound etc. I just watch it on my 2 year old laptop, so I am a bit bemused to hear that others do not get similar. It's not as if our broadband service is that great here in South Norfolk, but maybe better than where you are LDC?

I also find that F..N.. stream only covers less than half the screen, and that I cannot get it to go to full screen mode. It just opens up a new window full of rubbish advertising when I try. Do you have the same problem?

Not had that problem.

Regarding different people having different experiences, I guess we all have different systems which act differently, but as @shefcanary says, the better and richer tv companies are able to build more robust systems for their users. 

But - if I pay for a stream, I should be able to get it, without all sorts of jiggery pokery messing about with caches etc etc. Appreciate some others don't get that problem, but some people do. If it happens again  - I missed both our goals on Tuesday through picture freezing - I wont be buying that product again.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

No surprise, basically the same technology used to broadcast from the same source. I doubt much is spent on ensuring its better than most streams three years ago. The issue now is FAWA is so reliable it makes most legitimate sources pedestrian.

The picture quality on FAWA is rubbish though. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Satriales said:

The picture quality on FAWA is rubbish though. 

Mine's fine.

Little access problems, if any, and it's free if you need it and there are no PPV options.

Buffering varies.

Edited by BroadstairsR

13 hours ago, Addick/Canary said:

If it's available, I always try to catch the Canary TV stream, even though the results score wise have made it pretty poor value for the tenner charged. I have found it to be a good and reliable service;  particularly when you add in the Radio Norfolk commentary.

Not all of us can afford, or be bothered  to get a Sky subscription, so that forces us into illegal streams, if we don't want to follow the match on the BBC or club text service.

Pretty poor attitude by the EFL in my opinion.

If you're willing to spend £10 just for 1 x Norwich match, then I highly recommend you look at Now TV. You can get all the Sky Sports channels on a month by month basis.

RRP: £34.99

Actual: £17-26

See above for cost of Now TV Sky Sports, you can nearly always pick it up for £26 or less a month and for this you get all the Premier League Sky Sports games as well as, as of next season, 5 games every weekend from the Championship, and then there is the bonus of the Golf, F1, Tennis, Darts, etc. should you like any other sport. As it's month-by-month, also no commitment needed. Well worth the money compared to other subscription services like Virgin or indeed Sky themselves. 

12 hours ago, mastoola said:

Buffer?

Yes, she came up lovely and shiny.

8 minutes ago, Bovril said:

If you're willing to spend £10 just for 1 x Norwich match, then I highly recommend you look at Now TV. You can get all the Sky Sports channels on a month by month basis.

RRP: £34.99

Actual: £17-26

See above for cost of Now TV Sky Sports, you can nearly always pick it up for £26 or less a month and for this you get all the Premier League Sky Sports games as well as, as of next season, 5 games every weekend from the Championship, and then there is the bonus of the Golf, F1, Tennis, Darts, etc. should you like any other sport. As it's month-by-month, also no commitment needed. Well worth the money compared to other subscription services like Virgin or indeed Sky themselves. 

Not entirely kosher perhaps but I’ve bought a two year VPN subscription (Surf Shark) which can be put on all your devices, cost me something like £60. It has the bonus of giving you a bit more general Internet security, and seems to have other features which I must investigate sometime (not going to happen). You can then pay £10 for every match via Canaries TV (rock solid) or a reduced fee for half or the whole season. Way less than my Sky a sports subscription and you get to see all the games. Plus the club get the income.

Of course none of this applies now the deal with Sky is done.☹️

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Not entirely kosher perhaps but I’ve bought a two year VPN subscription (Surf Shark) which can be put on all your devices, cost me something like £60. It has the bonus of giving you a bit more general Internet security, and seems to have other features which I must investigate sometime (not going to happen). You can then pay £10 for every match via Canaries TV (rock solid) or a reduced fee for half or the whole season. Way less than my Sky a sports subscription and you get to see all the games. Plus the club get the income.

Of course none of this applies now the deal with Sky is done.☹️

I didn’t realise you could access Canaries TV through it. I’ll have to have a look.

Bovril’s advice is good. The Sky Sports channels through Now TV are excellent value as there’s always some deal available. Lots of other sports are on there. I’ve been watching far more football than I used to which may or not be a good thing.

Because it’s streamed through a third party a slight downside is there’s about a minute or so delay over ‘ live ‘ but that’s not a big hardship.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

21 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Because it’s streamed through a third party a slight downside is there’s about a minute or so delay over ‘ live ‘ but that’s not a big hardship.

Not a massive problem I agree but I have been stung by it a few times when watching and on WhatsApp with other fans at the same time. The "What a goal!" message  comes through just as Sara and Núñez are standing over the free kick,  that sort of thing...

It got really bad during last summer's Ashes. I watched that like someone who could foretell the future...

The Canary TV option is not available that often, of course, so all in all it doesn't cost me that much. As I'm not interested in watching EPL or European games etc, nor other sports for that matter, I would much rather give the money to the club when possible.

By the way, I rather like coming on this forum as it's advert-free. At least it was, Bovril. Do you have shares in Sky, by any chance? LOL

Very confusing. It is unclear whether people are seeking the cheapest deal or to maximise their contribution to NCFC. 

Clarification would be helpful.