Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

Absolutely gutless...

...From some of the PUPs tonight. 

Days after winning the derby, having only lost a few times this year. Clearly in playoff form.

Reactionary nonsense.

• Like 8

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Days after winning the derby, having only lost a few times this year. Clearly in playoff form.

Reactionary nonsense.

Thank goodness I’m not the only one thinking that. Well said.

Not really we Beat top of the league team with ease ,

go to Sheff Weds bottom 3 team two nill up and creating loads of chances and playing well and end up 2-2 

17 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Reactionary nonsense.

The disappointment is that would of put us in a great position,  2 nil up and it should of been game over, yet again we went negative to early and made the same mistakes. We now need a result against Preston or they are in the driving seat. We don't seem to learn from the same mistake,  barnes isn't a lone striker. But still behind Wagner. 

16 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Good job Wembley is neutral. 

Won't get there after getting battered in an away leg.

If we get to the play offs and play away first then we're pretty much ****ed.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Sufyellow said:

The disappointment is that would of put us in a great position,  2 nil up and it should of been game over, yet again we went negative to early and made the same mistakes. We now need a result against Preston or they are in the driving seat. We don't seem to learn from the same mistake,  barnes isn't a lone striker. But still behind Wagner. 

Preston are going to be badly wanting the win though. I think it could be quite a scrappy affair.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

Just now, Sufyellow said:

After going 'negative' we probably had another 3 clear cut chances. Another day and this game is 5 - 1 and everything's hunky dory.

Nobody will disagree that Barnes isn't a lone striker. He needs legs up with him hence why we brought on Gibbs, that one obviously ended unfortunately. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Preston are going to be badly wanting the win though. I think it could be quite a scrappy affair.

Yupppp, but maybe that at least means Sargent might stay on longer than an hour 🙏 🙄

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The only teams that have battered us away from home this season have been Leicester, Plymouth and Liverpool. Doubt we'll be playing any of those and even if we do end up facing Leicester I would imagine the dynamics of that game would be significantly different.

I don’t think it’s ‘reactionary nonsense’ at all. After the derby (the high point of the season so far for most), any setback tonight was going to be of greater weight. I just think it’s human, especially when 2-0 up 15 mins in without really hitting the high gears, losing 2 points so meekly against a team who’ll probably go down. 

• Like 1

Worked saturday and was praised for it. Didn't work today.

I don't like to see it myself. Mentally more than anything - you can't relax in this league and you can't give away the ascendancy and try to hold a lead.  It is Wagners big fault for me andnultimately what will cost him his job - this season or next. 

Possibly it needed to be done today due to fitness / managing players. However he really does need to realise that we cannot defend a lead. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

After going 'negative' we probably had another 3 clear cut chances. Another day and this game is 5 - 1 and everything's hunky dory.

Nobody will disagree that Barnes isn't a lone striker. He needs legs up with him hence why we brought on Gibbs, that one obviously ended unfortunately. 

Well it couldn't have been 5,1 as they scored twice. So we sit back , soak it up and catch them on the break? It hasn't worked all season. We can't defend. 

All bar 1 of Preston's remaining games are against current top 6 teams. If they can get into the play-offs after that lot they will be very fortunate, or brilliant.

We ought to have enough of a cushion to get 6th, but I really don't fancy our chances getting to Wembley.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canario said:

Worked saturday and was praised for it. Didn't work today.

I don't like to see it myself. Mentally more than anything - you can't relax in this league and you can't give away the ascendancy and try to hold a lead.  It is Wagners big fault for me andnultimately what will cost him his job - this season or next. 

Possibly it needed to be done today due to fitness / managing players. However he really does need to realise that we cannot defend a lead. 

It didn't work Saturday,  we kept Sargent on and kept putting pressure on higher up the pitch. It was only the last few minutes we really sat back. Sargent was our outlet all second half on Saturday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrdi said:

I don’t think it’s ‘reactionary nonsense’ at all. After the derby (the high point of the season so far for most), any setback tonight was going to be of greater weight. I just think it’s human, especially when 2-0 up 15 mins in without really hitting the high gears, losing 2 points so meekly against a team who’ll probably go down. 

They've won 20 points from their last 12 games. Doubt they're going down.

• Like 1

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

They've won 20 points from their last 12 games. Doubt they're going down.

Fair point. Should have said ‘possibly’, not ‘probably’. 

Hope they do, though. 

3 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Well it couldn't have been 5,1 as they scored twice. So we sit back , soak it up and catch them on the break? It hasn't worked all season. We can't defend. 

I think we're generally average at defending. What we aren't OK with is defending for 30-40 minutes, but there aren't many teams who are. The best defenders around will concede under near constant pressure.

It's been a continuing habit in our away games to sit off and let teams get momentum though. Wednesday looked a level below and were booed off at half time by their home fans- with a 2-goal cushion I don't believe it's unfair to expect us to be able to handle that situation better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If we need something at Birmingham on the last day of the season and Birmingham do to....my money would be on them getting what they need and not us

I can already foresee another 2-2, which’ll do no favours for either side. 

22 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The teams who finish fifth and sixth play their home legs first, so you don't have to worry about that.

24 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Barnes isn’t a footballer

Just now, daly said:

We knew what he was when we signed him, a player who can play with good attacking players round him, he will score a few goals. Definitely not a striker who can play up front on his own,  yet wagner can't see it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

You can see Wagner now not quite knowing whether to go for the win or to aviud defeat on Saturday, completely second guessing himself and falling between two stools

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daly said:

I'm shocked at how some people can watch a sport for decades and still understand so little about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The teams who finish fifth and sixth play their home legs first, so you don't have to worry about that.

That's worse for us , if we win the home leg we will probably try and defend the lead away. 

14 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If we need something at Birmingham on the last day of the season and Birmingham do to....my money would be on them getting what they need and not us

From our perspective I would hope it's done and dusted before then, but it seems likely they'll need to win that game.

It effectively becomes a play-off quarter final should be need to get a result there.

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You can see Wagner now not quite knowing whether to go for the win or to aviud defeat on Saturday, completely second guessing himself and falling between two stools

If we try and avoid defeat,  we will lose. We have a good attacking team and a really poor defence. 

There’s a lot of frustration. We’ve been sat in 6th for some time now and complacency can set in. While getting the play offs wrapped up with a couple of games to spare to would be hugely beneficial to rest some key players, it isn’t going to pan out that way so let’s just reset, refocus, and get the job done.

Preston is last chance saloon for them. I think we’ll catch them out and beat them.