Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Credit Players, Fans, Management..

Players ran into the ground for NCFC today. Terrific all over and the amount of second balls we won was exceptional. 

Gibson absolutely colossal at the back, reinforced by Duffy second half.

Fans terrific throughout, got behind the team constantly. 

Management top drawer top to bottom. Got then motivated and ready to go after a poor Leicester game. Calm and collected throughout. Gibbs substitute perfectly timed.

P.s - their fans were worse than when they came down here with Lambert. They deserve to mess it up.

• Like 24

Was rather surprised at how calm most of the team was for the match. We have of course seen derbys in which they get a little fiery and sometimes boil over but most of the lads kept their heads and remained calm.

Nunez too, even after such a great goal he was cool as a cucumber

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Players ran into the ground for NCFC today. Terrific all over and the amount of second balls we won was exceptional. 

Management top drawer top to bottom. Got then motivated and ready to go after a poor Leicester game. Calm and collected throughout. Gibbs substitute perfectly timed.

P.s - their fans were worse than when they came down here with Lambert. They deserve to mess it up.

100% this 👏👏👏👏

34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Was rather surprised at how calm most of the team was for the match. We have of course seen derbys in which they get a little fiery and sometimes boil over but most of the lads kept their heads and remained calm.

Nunez too, even after such a great goal he was cool as a cucumber

Yep, calm and collected but put such an effort into the game.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yep, calm and collected but put such an effort into the game.

'Player of Match' award deservedly for Nacho. An immense performance. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

100% the fans got us over the line today. Haven't seen this atmosphere since 2018/19.

Great effort from the players but we had a clear red card denied and should have won more comfortably. 

How ordinary were Ipswich?

How quiet were their fans?

Edited by Capt. Pants

We needed to win today. It was so so so important and I think everybody felt that.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

We needed to win today. It was so so so important and I think everybody felt that.

You have been right all along with one thing, Buh.

They are truly mentally weak!

OTBC 

Just now, A K Narey said:

You have been right all along with one thing, Buh.

They are truly mentally weak!

OTBC 

I saw it in their eyes. I see that weakness in them. House is built in sand!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

100% the fans got us over the line today. Haven't seen this atmosphere since 2018/19.

Great effort from the players but we had a clear red card desired and should have won more comfortably. 

How ordinary were Ipswich?

How quiet were their fans?

Their fans were diabolical. And I don't mean just cos they're sc*m. I mean because even when they came to us bottom of the league with Lambert they gave it more of a go. Pathetic. Deserve nothing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Now it's over I feel able to say I was absolutely dreading today. Really feared it was the day our run would come to an end, and that they'd be crowing about being top of the league. So, so glad to be wrong.

Fair play to everyone involved for rising to the occasion. Never Mind the Danger.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Today I feel was a watershed moment. We experienced real unity at carrow road for the first time in a while.

I doubted them, have doubted them and I am sorry for that. I was wrong.

Credit to all of the players, David Wagner and the back room staff. That was a hell of performance.

Credit also to the kitman for putting up with baring his ar$e and belly.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by Coneys Knee
  • Like 3

Superb, pre-match banner in the Barclay,matched anything the Premiership big boys come out with, ground was actually rocking on its foundations and walked out of the ground with a muted ear sense.

Best atmosphere at home since the Lambert days today in my view. Had enough chances to really of put it to bed more comfortably. I thought they should have had 2 send off for clearly being the last man. Great result great day all round only negative is the silly police handling of the fans after the game. 

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Best atmosphere at home since the Lambert days today in my view. Had enough chances to really of put it to bed more comfortably. I thought they should have had 2 send off for clearly being the last man. Great result great day all round only negative is the silly police handling of the fans after the game. 

Missed that,what happened there ? I was quite happy to hit the city centre for a beer or two,negative result i would have been heading the other way .

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Now it's over I feel able to say I was absolutely dreading today. Really feared it was the day our run would come to an end, and that they'd be crowing about being top of the league. So, so glad to be wrong.

Fair play to everyone involved for rising to the occasion. Never Mind the Danger.

My turn to add my mea culpa. I was also dreading today and thought it was the day our run would come to an end. I certainly didn't expect this almost flawless performance. Big credit to Wagner for getting the players into the right psychological zone for this game.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, yellow 63 said:

Missed that,what happened there ? I was quite happy to hit the city centre for a beer or two,negative result i would have been heading the other way .

Just a fiasco with the planning they shut the way up Thorpe Road from the Barclay and told us we had to walk all the way around the ground to go up Thorpe Road, only to walk all the way round the ground and still get held up by the cops stopping people. The police operation must of been organised by the same people who designed the NDR. 

Fantastic atmosphere and a well deserved win.

Surprised at now quiet and subdued their fans were.

Brilliant day!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Just a fiasco with the planning they shut the way up Thorpe Road from the Barclay and told us we had to walk all the way around the ground to go up Thorpe Road, only to walk all the way round the ground and still get held up by the cops stopping people. The police operation must of been organised by the same people who designed the NDR. 

Ok,thanks for the answer.

I honestly feel the fans got an extra 10% if not more out of the players. To get a clean sheet out of Ipswich is no mean feat. We defended better in the 2nd half than we attacked, but you have to do that sometimes to win tight football matches.

I was very surprised at the intensity of our suuport, as the Ipswich fans seemed to be.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

'Player of Match' award deservedly for Nacho. An immense performance. 

All that pantwetting then it’s just another year 🫣

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I honestly feel the fans got an extra 10% if not more out of the players. To get a clean sheet out of Ipswich is no mean feat. We defended better in the 2nd half than we attacked, but you have to do that sometimes to win tight football matches.

I was very surprised at the intensity of our suuport, as the Ipswich fans seemed to be.

I think it also impacted the Ipswich players. I'm not sure they're known for passing the ball out into touch regularly!

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think it also impacted the Ipswich players. I'm not sure they're known for passing the ball out into touch regularly!

100% they wilted under the big game atmosphere and noise the city fans made throughout.

It may have helped if their support decided to step up however, they spectacularly failed to do so, again!

I was struck yesterday with the celebrations in front of the barclay. The players and staff were setting up and the “ooooo”s from the crowd built but Sargent urged the crowd to quieted down as they assembled. They wanted to wait for the interviews that were taking place (Nunez and one other, can’t remember)

They wanted to wait for everyone to be ready so they could celebrate together.

We may not have a strong squad, the bench in terms of quality to change games is maybe questionable but we have built this very fragile, tight team. They have kept together and kept going in a very, very unusual season of ups and downs. 

It’s been rocky, we got what I wanted for this season. We’ve kept that unbeaten run going. Now for the encore, what can this team achieve? How much heart have they got?

I can’t wait to see how it goes now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

They have kept together and kept going in a very, very unusual season of ups and downs. 

And this is all we want from our team, really, isn't it? The sense that they care as much as we do. Obviously it's all a bit of a mirage - they're professionals and they'll be off caring for someone else if the money is right - but they put it on the line yesterday, just as we would hope to do if we were good enough to get in the team. And they've been doing it all season. There's a lot of failings in the team, and squad, but none of them are about effort or bottle. Never Mind the Danger.

• Like 1