Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Friendly and Fair policing vs the binners..

I remember a game at Portman Road around 1976 when the arrest tally was Norwich 72 Ipswich 0.

Seemed a bit unfair at the time as I cracked a bone in my wrist stopping a brick hitting a friend in the head. But I've never been bitter about it. 

• Haha 2

‘About 1,600 Ipswich fans are expected to travel to Norwich for the match at Carrow Road at 12.30pm on Saturday 6 April 2024.’

Noticed the above within the article…..Isn’t 1,600 lower than a normal allocation? 

19 minutes ago, Mutley said:

‘About 1,600 Ipswich fans are expected to travel to Norwich for the match at Carrow Road at 12.30pm on Saturday 6 April 2024.’

Noticed the above within the article…..Isn’t 1,600 lower than a normal allocation? 

It doesn't seem a large allocation, thought it would be closer to 3000.

Not sure the 'friendly and fair' approach will work with the kind of knuckle-draggers who beat up a 70-year-old Cardiff fan for entertainment.

Let's hope the tiny minority of feral idiots on both sides of the divide can behave themselves, and we can use our performance on the pitch to send them skulking off back to Binville with their tails between their legs and automatic promotion hopes in tatters.

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

I always thought it was about 2300. 

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

It probably was but they couldn't sell them all. I mean who would want to go and see their fiercest rivals continue an unbeaten run stretching back 14 years 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

I always thought it was about 2300. 

Yes, that’s the figure I had in my mind as the normal one. Maybe we were given less at their place this year and we’re reciprocating the number? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mutley said:

That will probably be just those that don't have tickets.

Can't see this ending peacefully at all.

4 hours ago, Satriales said:

There were 2008 city fans at portaloo road, their allocation was 2013 according to their website.

at a OSP meeting it was confirmed the allocation amount would be the same as we received

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mr_Biff1961 said:

There were 2008 city fans at portaloo road, their allocation was 2013 according to their website.

at a OSP meeting it was confirmed the allocation amount would be the same as we received

My guess is they have been allocated F and G Blocks which would amount to around 1600 and to give them H which is usually also a visitors block would take that total to 2300 which means it would exceed  the 2000 given to us at Scum HQ.

• Like 1

If that is the case, would expect a large gap between the fans.

inthink allocations are different for playoff games!

1 hour ago, Mr_Biff1961 said:

Was that symbolic? I think that was the last year they beat us...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Biff1961 said:

If that is the case, would expect a large gap between the fans.

Remember the dividing metal fence could be moved between F&G , G&H or H&J so if i am right in this case it might be between G&H meaning H is given to home supporters rather than having a large void and loss of income.

Could be wrong of course.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Was that symbolic? I think that was the last year they beat us...

Was just that we requested more but were declined so a like for like was the decision.

no idea what allocation was as to long ago!

last time I went to there place was undercover before the game and all I kepy hearing was people talking about fighting

they also have a tendancy to spit at away fans

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Another cup final for the Binners . They will win at some stage . Can you imagine how many @BlueWànks we will get on here when they do? 

Can't remember who it was, but someone on here floated the delicious possiblity that they will finally end their losing streak in the play-off second leg at Portman road - but that our bigger victory in the first leg will see us through to the final. In other words, even when they win, they lose. That really would be exceptionally funny.

• Haha 1

On 27/03/2024 at 22:07, TIL 1010 said:

My guess is they have been allocated F and G Blocks which would amount to around 1600 and to give them H which is usually also a visitors block would take that total to 2300 which means it would exceed  the 2000 given to us at Scum HQ.

Hope so , its alot better with our casual fans in those seats