Second leg: Thursday, May 16th (8pm)

Fourth v Fifth

First leg: Monday, May 13th (8pm)

Second leg: Friday, May 17th (8pm)

Final 

Sunday, May 26th (TBC) 

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Thanks 3

Will probably have to something from Leicester and Ipswich to play on any of those dates.

Can we, will we , not lose to Ipswich again.  

35 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Final 

Sunday, May 26th (TBC) 

And, as per CC's post, with a reserve date of Jun 2 if Coventry reach both the playoff final and the Cup final. Though I suppose if they reach the play-off final that would almost certainly mean we haven't...

3 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Will probably have to something from Leicester and Ipswich to play on any of those dates.

Can we, will we , not lose to Ipswich again.  

It's possible we could lost at home to Ipswich, but then beat them in the playoffs! It's also possible it could go the other way, we beat them in April but lose to them in the playoffs 😢

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

When was the last time we played the binners in the evening?

The 5-1 was definitely an evening game (edit - I can never remember which year games were these days but I believe it was April 2011)

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Thursday 21st April 2011 and i am sure there is no need to remind you of the score.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Thursday 21st April 2011 and i am sure there is no need to remind you of the score.

Thank you to all who replied. I had a feeling 1t wa5 that game.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Haha 1

No way will the 'authorities' allow an Old Farm Derby in an evening after the events of 21.4.11. Four years later both games were weekends so clearly dispensation was given then for the second leg to be moved from the scheduled midweek.  

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Satriales said:

It's possible we could lost at home to Ipswich, but then beat them in the playoffs! It's also possible it could go the other way, we beat them in April but lose to them in the playoffs 😢

Your post puts me in mind of one of the more cringe making few minutes of my life. My brother's girlfriend lives in Bushey and so prior to the play-off final against Middlesbrough we convened there in the morning for breakfast before the 5 of us got a cab to Wembley.

Unfortunately neither our cab driver or us were too sure of the layout around the stadium and he happened to take a turning which took us slap bang through the middle of all the Boro fans in a painfully slow moving queue of traffic. Obviously we all had our Norwich shirts on and so we had to run the gauntlet of thousands of beered up Middlesbrough fans ripping the p*ss out of us. Luckily it was mostly pretty good natured, but I couldn't help noticing that there was one song they were all singing. "We're going up, we're going up, we're the mighty Boro and we're going up". (They had beaten us 4-0 in the League at their place earlier in the season and beaten us 1-0 at Carrow Road just a few weeks earlier).

I remember thinking to myself, I think you're being a little bit over confident there lads, and so of course it proved. 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

The 5-1 was definitely an evening game (edit - I can never remember which year games were these days but I believe it was April 2011)

And it was at Portaloo road too, what a day

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Your post puts me in mind of one of the more cringe making few minutes of my life. My brother's girlfriend lives in Bushey and so prior to the play-off final against Middlesbrough we convened there in the morning for breakfast before the 5 of us got a cab to Wembley.

Unfortunately neither our cab driver or us were too sure of the layout around the stadium and he happened to take a turning which took us slap bang through the middle of all the Boro fans in a painfully slow moving queue of traffic. Obviously we all had our Norwich shirts on and so we had to run the gauntlet of thousands of beered up Middlesbrough fans ripping the p*ss out of us. Luckily it was mostly pretty good natured, but I couldn't help noticing that there was one song they were all singing. "We're going up, we're going up, we're the mighty Boro and we're going up". (They had beaten us 4-0 in the League at their place earlier in the season and beaten us 1-0 at Carrow Road just a few weeks earlier).

I remember thinking to myself, I think you're being a little bit over confident there lads, and so of course it proved. 

Thought provoking story. 

34 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Why on earth didn’t you just get the train from Bushey to Wembley? 🤣

20 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I remember a Friday evening 3-1 win at Carrow Rd on TV in 1996 but other than that it must be a while ago.

Maybe the 2nd leg of the 1985 League Cup Semi-Final ?

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Any excuse to watch this back! I can see myself in the crowd waving a blow-up canary celebrating Russ's goal #4 with my son. What a sensational night...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Why on earth didn’t you just get the train from Bushey to Wembley? 🤣

It was my brother's bright idea.....................

41 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Any excuse to watch this back! I can see myself in the crowd waving a blow-up canary celebrating Russ's goal #4 with my son. What a sensational night...

One of my favourite away games. The sea of blue seats after the fifth goal was (and still is) hugely amusing. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That looks like the Luton manager far right to me.

On 20/03/2024 at 21:33, Robert N. LiM said:

Was it the infamous 5-1 at Portman road