I enjoy them, which probably goes against the stream. 

Pretty useful for us this time around with regards Sargent, Hanley and Duffy recuperation time as well.

This time it's Brazil on Sat. 25th. And you can't get better than this as a friendly, along with Belgium on the 26th. as well, both at Wembley. Good tests, good viewing?

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean yeah Brazil is great. Feels like we have not played them in years. But Belguim? Booo.

Not even a real country!

A real football team though.

I enjoy them too, not necessarily for watching international football, although I'm looking forward to seeing Pukki against Wales, but just having break from having to go to Carrow Rd and the impact on my time. When games return I'm gagging to get back. It's a good reset.

With our paper thin squad, it's probably come at the right time for us. Hopefully Duffy can get fit, Hanley get his act together, Sarge a bit of downtime and Sainz and Sara wrapped up in cotton wool!

Can't stand them, never even take notice of international games outside of major tournaments. 

Club > country. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I enjoy them too, not necessarily for watching international football, although I'm looking forward to seeing Pukki against Wales, but just having break from having to go to Carrow Rd and the impact on my time. When games return I'm gagging to get back. It's a good reset.

With our paper thin squad, it's probably come at the right time for us. Hopefully Duffy can get fit, Hanley get his act together, Sarge a bit of downtime and Sainz and Sara wrapped up in cotton wool!

Is the Wales game on tv ?

On 19/03/2024 at 11:15, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean yeah Brazil is great. Feels like we have not played them in years. But Belguim? Booo.

Not even a real country!

I love it when you go all high school musical on us Cambridge haha 

• Haha 1

Not even a real country!

Is it not? 

Not even a real country!

I think you will find that Belgium is a real country and a member of the EU, UN and a number of other international organisations. It has some great places to visit( along with a huge range of excellent beer). Additionally they have a decent football team. Go and take your prejudices elsewhere!

Meh, Brazil 15 years or more ago would have been excited but now they're pretty awful. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I think you will find that Belgium is a real country and a member of the EU, UN and a number of other international organisations. It has some great places to visit( along with a huge range of excellent beer). Additionally they have a decent football team. Go and take your prejudices elsewhere!

Look they might make good waffles but that doesn't make them a country! 😉

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Is the Wales game on tv ?

It's on S4C if you like Welsh, or BBC iPlayer although I can’t see it listed on my App so might be online only.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

6 Chelsea players in the Under 18 team😡

A game of 2 halves. 2-1 to England with first half goals from numbers 7 and 11. A little strange with England in the purple kit.

20240320_140503.jpg

38 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's on S4C if you like Welsh, or BBC iPlayer although I can’t see it listed on my App so might be online only.

From a dodgy memory, in the past live games have only appeared on the app about 30 minutes before kick off. 

54 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Look they might make good waffles but that doesn't make them a country! 😉

You haven’t yet explained why you think it’s not a real country. Very good frites (triple cooked) as well.

50 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

You haven’t yet explained why you think it’s not a real country. Very good frites (triple cooked) as well.

Not according to this bloke (1.57)

18 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Not according to this bloke (1.57)

Incorrect. It might have been created out of thin air, but it’s still a country as Al explains.

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Probably something to do with the Walloon and Flemish communities.

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Incorrect. It might have been created out of thin air, but it’s still a country as Al explains.

I bet you're fun at parties.

Posted (edited)

In ultimate irony, Belgium is definitely more of a country than England is... (cue discussion regarding the definition of "country" - constituent country vs sovereign state).

Edited by All the Germans

On 20/03/2024 at 13:07, dylanisabaddog said:

6 Chelsea players in the Under 18 team😡

What are the odds that none of them ever play a first team match for them?