Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Our Referee Reward for appealing...

Is seemingly a ref who's never officiated at Championship level before, dishes out cards like it's Christmas and has a long list of complaints from League One sides...

• Confused 1

Bejeesus, that's some record! How the hell has he got a promotion to the Champs! It must mean the current champs ref list is not something the officials have much faith in.

The appeal announcement was made yesterday lunchtime well after the appointments for the weekend games were made.

41 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Bejeesus, that's some record! How the hell has he got a promotion to the Champs! It must mean the current champs ref list is not something the officials have much faith in.

Well that's something we all have in common with the officials then. ..

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The appeal announcement was made yesterday lunchtime well after the appointments for the weekend games were made.

Correct, his appointment to today’s game was made on Monday. As was Madley’s to Coventry’s game today. Well before everything that went on at Middlesbrough. 

32 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

3 minutes ago, Northluck C said:

Correct, his appointment to today’s game was made on Monday. As was Madley’s to Coventry’s game today. Well before everything that went on at Middlesbrough. 

Really? You mean they don't make the appointment a day before?

Well colour me green and call me a Pickle.

Who'd have thought it? 😅😅

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, lots of people don’t realise they are often made before a previous round of games though, particularly when there is a midweek round of fixtures. I’m thinking more of the people complaining yesterday about Madley being ‘rewarded’ with Coventry’s game today, rather than you.

• Like 1

Well he obviously likes to let the game flow!

A quite astonishing record. It really doesn't bode well for any player that tackles.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Is seemingly a ref who's never officiated at Championship level before, dishes out cards like it's Christmas and has a long list of complaints from League One sides...

Two critical points. Rotherham fans may be even more concerned. Secondly, Breakspear was the name of the only English pope.🤩

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Haha 1

141 yellows (including the second reds) in 27 games? 

Average yellows are now around 4.5 per game since refs were encouraged to book time wasting . (Stats from Dec 2023) 

This guy is leading the charge! 

Thought they would bury him with a home banker . We’ll see. strange how he isn’t on a televised game with top four team. That’s how refs get picked folks. 

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

A smart@rse answer to go with a pointless thread in that case.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

A smart@rse answer to go with a pointless thread in that case.

Oh Til, chill out a bit. It's sunny. Go for a walk.

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Two critical points. Rotherham fans may be even more concerned. Secondly, Breakspear was the name of the only English pope.🤩

These are the facts I require on a football messageboard Purple and more importantly I'd expect nothing less from you 😍

30 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

That is a great fact - pope Adrian is up there with King Steven as it doesn’t sound right - but is factually correct

If Kenny gets through this without a card, I’ll streak round Carrow Road na… strike that, Norwich Canary got there before me.

Posted (edited)

How do these cretins keep get given games at this level? It really is the worst era for English referees.

Edited by Ken Hairy

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

How do these cretins keep get given games at this level? It really is the worst era for English referees.

The fact he gave out 12 yellow cards in his last game which was LEAGUE 2 suggests an inability to control a game (even taking the fixture itself into account).

Staggering 

That Gibbs Yellow was a tick in a box. These refs are quota driven weirdos. Get back to your ring road travelodge you weirdo.

Shouldn't have been refereeing in the champs so kept it quiet although it was possibly the easiest game available to ref.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, hogesar said:

The fact he gave out 12 yellow cards in his last game which was LEAGUE 2 suggests an inability to control a game (even taking the fixture itself into account).

Staggering 

I’ve been to several Wombles v MK Dons games and they are very feisty occasions. Imo he probably managed well not to send anyone off, but the 12 cards thing is clearly not the norm.  He didn’t have too many contentious decisions to make today but reffed it well - no complaints at all, the Gibbs card was probably fair enough.  You’re being extremely harsh.

Edited by Branston Pickle

7 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Possibly spelt Breakspear, or Breakspeare or Brekespear. Abbots Langley, where he was born, has Breakspear Road, Adrian Road and Popes Road named after him.

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Possibly spelt Breakspear, or Breakspeare or Brekespear. Abbots Langley, where he was born, has Breakspear Road, Adrian Road and Popes Road named after him.

Shakespeare signed his name several different ways and if I remember right the one way he didn’t sign it was how we spell it now…