Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Leeds new S/T to have min usage restrictions

We haven't sold out a single game this season,  so the demand is not there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Holt said:

If NCFC implement this they will have mine back for a start.

Yep and they have disregard for those that travel further afield and by public transport. I've managed three games this season due to engineering works and these are set to continue intensively until November 2025. 

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

In talking to a Club official today 

There was obviously no hiding place when you were spotted.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Well b back said:

lol you make me laugh.

Why would 

1. The club want to sell my seat on, when I have paid already for my space and they have a space that nobody has paid anything for.

2. Why would you want me to give my ticket to somebody, that could pay the club for a ticket ( not that I wouldn’t give it to somebody I know ).

3. Strangely if we carry on like this and qualify for the play offs, hundreds of people, probably you included would want my ticket.

4. You would think plenty of people would want a free ticket for a championship game of football, but I can’t find them.

Secondary spend.

On 02/03/2024 at 00:25, NewNestCarrow said:

Brentford & Arsenal have similar schemes, with the common thread being that clubs THAT ARE SOLD OUT don't want empty ST seats.

The Norwich problem is slightly different, in that ST holders are not turning up but the club won't do anything to fill these while casual seats remain unsold.

I think it goes to both of these problems. I know a bit about the Brentford scheme as a ST (who travels a 400 mile round trip for home games) and one of the fan representatives on the Fan Advisory Board. The problem we had the last two seasons was that we had 18000 members, 11000 STs and about 3000 tickets available to members which sold out for pretty much every game but also on average about 1000 unused ST seats. That made long term fans without STs annoyed when they couldn’t get tickets. It also was a financial problem for the club because they were losing out on about an average of £15 extra they could make for each unused ticket. Now while £285k over a season is still peanuts compared to TV money, for a small and tightly run club it’s not nothing. 

While the appeal of a midweek against Rotherham may be marginally lower than one against Wolves (the most recent home game I passed up) there are I’m sure still local folks who’d buy those tickets if reasonably priced and reliably available. A couple of hundred thousand a season pays for another promising youngster. 

Our scheme involves issuing “Yellow Cards” if STs are unused and not put on the exchange with the right to renew suspended pending appeal or exceptional circumstances for 4+ before the start of renewals at the end of March (about 2/3 rather than Leeds’ 80%). Under 50 people have accrued 4+ Yellow Cards and there are no more home games before the cut off. The level of unused seats has dropped by over half on average. It has still rather annoyed some fans who’ve taken the view “I paid my money, what’s it to anyone if I choose not to go” but they have in fact gone or passed tickets on to friends even if they haven’t used the club to resell. Next season the club is guaranteeing a pro rata refund even if the ticket isn’t bought as long as it was listed over 7 days jn advance (about 35% of listed tickets are put on in the 24 hours before kick off so are harder to sell to those who can’t change plans at short notice). 

It broadly works well. 

• Thanks 1

It is a good scheme , we have to many plastic fans who live far away who have a season ticket but only use it minimally

there are 2 such seats in front of me which are only used about half the time preventing some new loyal fans from gettting attached to their local team 

What is the clubs plan if someone breaks both their legs or has to go to the hospital regularly (chemo or something) do they get exempt from the 80%?

Not really one for inclusiveness in the new woke thin skinned era.
Think they are setting themselves up for trouble tbh

On 03/03/2024 at 13:29, TIL 1010 said:

I am sure you are a walking encyclopaedia on everybody's location.

On 03/03/2024 at 09:52, Sufyellow said:

We haven't sold out a single game this season,  so the demand is not there. 

According to the market stats thread we get 98% attendance each match regardless of Division. Then again there are lies and damned lies as well as statistics.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

I am sure you are a walking encyclopaedia on everybody's location.

You would be amazed at what i know.

We will never employ the same scheme. Remember Delia still has her 2 season tickets outside the directors box that I guess are never used. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy_Fitch said:

We will never employ the same scheme. Remember Delia still has her 2 season tickets outside the directors box that I guess are never used. 

Where are they then ?

8 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

What is the clubs plan if someone breaks both their legs or has to go to the hospital regularly (chemo or something) do they get exempt from the 80%?

I would like to think they would agree a period refund whilst casuals are invited to keep your seat warm but perhaps not?

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Where are they then ?

I thought you said we would be surprised at what you know?

10 hours ago, norwich canary said:

It is a good scheme , we have to many plastic fans who live far away who have a season ticket but only use it minimally

there are 2 such seats in front of me which are only used about half the time preventing some new loyal fans from gettting attached to their local team 

Oh dear! @Well b back will be on your case. Rightly so though as I have stated there is a need to provide better for local fans especially when the longer distance travellers can't make it.

9 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Not really one for inclusiveness in the new woke thin skinned era.
Think they are setting themselves up for trouble tbh

As I have already pointed out, you don’t have to go to the games, just put it on buyback on their ticket exchange if you don’t!

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Oh dear! @Well b back will be on your case. Rightly so though as I have stated there is a need to provide better for local fans especially when the longer distance travellers can't make it.

Why? You keep saying we don’t sell out so those local fans can buy tickets themselves!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I thought you said we would be surprised at what you know?

No i said you would be surprised.

53 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No i said you would be surprised.

Shortly you will be telling me what golf course I was on today 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Why? You keep saying we don’t sell out so those local fans can buy tickets themselves!

The single ones or restricted view that nobody wants at the prices on offer.

On 03/03/2024 at 13:29, TIL 1010 said:

is a steward actually a Club offical?

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

is a steward actually a Club offical?

You have asked the right font of all knowledge.

20 minutes ago, essex canary said:

At least i can trust his aswers

34 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You are an open book.

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Shortly you will be telling me what golf course I was on today 

Tbf, you’ve got loads of ******* clubs, it’s good none go to waste. 

It's a good theory. Those that don't bother going should be forced to put the ticket up for casual re-use rather than leaving the seat empty for multiple games. 

On 03/03/2024 at 11:07, Captain Holt said:

If NCFC implement this they will have mine back for a start.

And our families

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

The single ones or restricted view that nobody wants at the prices on offer.

RR362 361 360 359 358 357 356 355 354 353 352 351 350 349 348 347 346 900 QQ360 359 358 357 356 355 354 353 352 351 350 349 348 347 346 PP359 358 357 356 355 354 353 352 351 350 349 348 347 346 OO358 357 356 355 354 353 352 351 350 349 348 347 346 NN357 356 355 354 353 352 351 350 349 348 347 346 MM357 356 355 354 

Most of those are available for Saturday, all on general sale. Plenty of double seats available around the ground.

Are you saying these local fans only go if it’s free ?

If my understanding is correct, the problem with the Norwich buyback scheme is they only put seats on sale once the ground has sold out (maybe not the restricted view seats).  We live 3 hours away and with a young family made the decision to skip Sunderland and we'll be going to the Rotherham match this weekend.  We put two of our four season tickets on buyback for Sunderland (family had the other two), but they never appear on sale, despite being a fairly desirable pair together.

• Like 1