Sign in to follow this  
SouthwellC

Forum update

Good evening folks. 

I hope you're doing well. A few people on various threads have asked me to update on the conversations we've been having about fixing technological problems some users have been experiencing on the forum. 

After lengthy conversations internally, I can confirm that our tests have concluded that the forum is working as it should after a few fixes behind the scenes. Hopefully, this is something you guys have experienced using the forum in recent days. 

Also, I can tell you that, hopefully, within the next few months there will be upgrades made to future proof and improve the forum from a technological and interface perspective. This should make it a better experience for all. 

I will update on this as and when I can. I don't know a huge amount more than that at this stage - but I did want to provide an update. 

Thanks again for using the forum in the right way. This does seem to have been, by and large, a better place in the last few weeks and months. 

All the best, 

Connor

• Like 8
  • Thanks 23

That's great to hear, thanks Connor. It definitely feels a bit snappier.

Hopefully the infamous "bad request" issue is also fixed - I posted a thread a while ago (link) with a diagnosis of that and a workaround, but I struggled to get hold of anyone on the site to take a look at the time. 

• Like 2

Thanks, Bunny. Yes, I'm feeling it work a lot quicker than it was - thank goodness. You can always drop me a line if you have any queries or questions and I can either point you in the right direction or point them at someone else who can! 

• Like 1

Connor,

we are enjoying your engagement and hope you are here for the long term. I salute you

• Thanks 1

It's been so much better, so thanks for that.  Any chance they can fix the glitch in front of these little guys? --> 🙂

Now you've used the pin, we will need to comfort @cambridgeshire canary later, he's going to be in pieces seeing that when next logging on.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

It's been so much better, so thanks for that.  Any chance they can fix the glitch in front of these little guys? --> 🙂

Now you've used the pin, we will need to comfort @cambridgeshire canary later, he's going to be in pieces seeing that when next logging on.

I can definitely raise it! But like I say, I think there is bigger improvements coming down the track. 

As for the pin - I can assure CC it won't be there for long, ha! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SouthwellC said:

Good evening folks. 

I hope you're doing well. A few people on various threads have asked me to update on the conversations we've been having about fixing technological problems some users have been experiencing on the forum. 

After lengthy conversations internally, I can confirm that our tests have concluded that the forum is working as it should after a few fixes behind the scenes. Hopefully, this is something you guys have experienced using the forum in recent days. 

Also, I can tell you that, hopefully, within the next few months there will be upgrades made to future proof and improve the forum from a technological and interface perspective. This should make it a better experience for all. 

I will update on this as and when I can. I don't know a huge amount more than that at this stage - but I did want to provide an update. 

Thanks again for using the forum in the right way. This does seem to have been, by and large, a better place in the last few weeks and months. 

All the best, 

Connor

Thanks Connor it’s certainly been a lot quicker in recent weeks 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Great @SouthwellC, now if you can remove or increase the reactions limit, that would be awesome. 

I would like this but I didn't have enough reactions.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Great @SouthwellC, now if you can remove or increase the reactions limit, that would be awesome. 

Yeah, I can add this to the list. Like I said above, I'm not sure they are going to be making big changes in the next few months whilst they work on other stuff. But I'll see if I can get that included as part of that particular update. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

This please, it’s really low and frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SouthwellC said:

Good evening folks. 

All the best, 

Connor

Binner. 

• Haha 14

8 hours ago, norwich canary said:

The forum was never this bad under Chris Hughton 

W ️ 

Forum is fine and runs fine on my ancient machine. Any upgrade try to have low cpu usuage.

• Like 1