Sign in to follow this  
Robornio

Norwich Women’s Manager sacked?!

Did I miss something? Hasn’t lost a game all season and gets sacked, now? What on earth is going on there? It seems Mr Knapper was quicker to act here, than in other business. Seems rather sad for Martin Herdman, anyhow.

Edited by Robornio

Something must have gone on there surely, he's certainly not been sacked for on field performances. Very odd.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Something must have gone on there surely, he's certainly not been sacked for on field performances. Very odd.

Could be unless he’s had a job offer which prohibits him from managing the girls at the weekend 

this won’t be his full time job 

Edited by Yobocop

Just now, Yobocop said:

Could be unless he’s had a job offer which prohibits him from working weekends 

this won’t be his full time job 

Then the he resigns surely, rather than getting pushed as reports suggest?

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Then the he resigns surely, rather than getting pushed as reports suggest?

Again depends doesn’t it? If he hadn’t/didn’t declare it then he may well have been pushed. 

I know someone who plays for them whether she’ll be able to shed any light on it or whether I can divulge it who knows 

‘Herdman joined City in the summer of 2023, but following ongoing discussions with the club over the head coach role and its wider responsibilities a decision has been made to make a change at this stage’

this is the actual quote @canarydan23 so saying he’s been sacked is wide of the mark (as the pink un have reported) sounds more of a mutual parting of ways. 

36 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

‘Herdman joined City in the summer of 2023, but following ongoing discussions with the club over the head coach role and its wider responsibilities a decision has been made to make a change at this stage’

this is the actual quote @canarydan23 so saying he’s been sacked is wide of the mark (as the pink un have reported) sounds more of a mutual parting of ways. 

Wouldn’t usually jump in - but the use of the term ‘sacked’, is deliberate. I can assure you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, SouthwellC said:

Wouldn’t usually jump in - but the use of the term ‘sacked’, is deliberate. I can assure you. 

Yes, the Pink-Un reporting team doesn’t get everything right but I’d be very surprised if they said he’d been sacked and he’s left the club for some other reason

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

8 hours ago, SouthwellC said:

Thanks Connor - hopefully nothing too bad, my source said the players were told less than half hour before news broke and he hadn’t been seen for a couple of weeks (pending an enquiry perhaps?) 

7 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

An opportunity to have a woman managing the women’s team. 

Parma 

Oh dear, how sexist.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Maybe Flint Knapper should ask Stu 'on a sabbatical & currently between jobs' Webber...if Stu he would like to be involved in the day to day running of the NCFC Women's Football set up?....

Or if Stu wanted a position of a match day steward in the 'Snake-pit?.... 

Reports of sacking are very wide of the mark. Speculation on here is ridiculous, give the guy a break he has been brought in done an amazing job. The ladies are gutted he has gone he is ultra professional & yes it is a full time job. I wish him & his family nothing but the very best.

Looks like i have logged on to conspiracy.com but surely none of this would have happened under Webber as he had no interest in womens football.

17 minutes ago, River Ender said:

Reports of sacking are very wide of the mark. Speculation on here is ridiculous, give the guy a break he has been brought in done an amazing job. The ladies are gutted he has gone he is ultra professional & yes it is a full time job. I wish him & his family nothing but the very best.

Is it really a full time job? If that's the case are the players full time as well? 

13 hours ago, Yobocop said:

its wider responsibilities 

I believe those wider responsibilities related to the course at the UEA, which in effect picked up the tab for his relatively large salary, as it was a way for Norwich to spread the load on the cost of employing him full time. Reading between the lines he wasn't competent enough to deliver that part of his workload? Only speculation on my part but given how well the team are doing it surely cannot be that side of the role he was underperforming on?

Edited by shefcanary

1 hour ago, River Ender said:

If Connor Southwell has it on public record that he was sacked that’s good enough for me. Many people do amazing jobs but get sacked for some reason other than how good they are at their job.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Is it really a full time job? If that's the case are the players full time as well? 

Managers job is full time, players are not!

5 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

An opportunity to have a woman managing the women’s team. 

Parma 

If that’s the case it would be very easy to sue for unfair dismissal.

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

I believe those wider responsibilities related to the course at the UEA, which in effect picked up the tab for his relatively large salary, as it was a way for Norwich to spread the load on the cost of employing him full time. Reading between the lines he wasn't competent enough to deliver that part of his workload? Only speculation on my part but given how well the team are doing it surely cannot be that side of the role he was underperforming on?

In an unrelated professional capacity I have heard it suggested that UEA are in some financial bother at the moment and are undergoing some pretty significant cost-cutting exercises if that is likely to have had any bearing (haven't read the article ...)

Edited by Barham Blitz
qualifying ...

4 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

In an unrelated professional capacity I have heard it suggested that UEA are in some financial bother at the moment and are undergoing some pretty significant cost-cutting exercises if that is likely to have had any bearing (haven't read the article ...)

TBF most Uni's are in a spot of financial bother at the moment - graduate numbers are not increasing as they used to and with the fees still the same as 8 years ago, they are having to find ways of cutting costs to balance the books.

What Herdman was doing was definitely not core in terms of UEA study programmes, so it could be a reason, but the article implied non-performance of his "wider responsibilities" as the issue. This is backed up by Connor on this thread in confirming he was "sacked" implying a performance issue, rather than made redundant which would have implied a financial one. Although the creative use of non-performance is one way of achieving cost savings of course ... 😉  

My wife could miss Friday’s s bingo if that helps 

She’s looking for a part time job

Edited by daly

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

So what exactly does he do all day? 

Knitting