Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

EFL Cup final

25 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Urgh, another half hour of this tripe 😁

What?? It’s been a brilliant game

Strange… a LiVARpool pundit on Sky and some droning idiot from up North 

You’d think Lampard would have been at least considered???

4 minutes ago, rock bus said:

What?? It’s been a brilliant game

Really??? I've been bored senseless, only stuck with it because if I turn it off there will be 8 goals, 3 red cards and a pitch invasion by a troupe of semi naked (adult) cheerleaders 

• Haha 1

Honestly- the EFL should think about this competition being for only Championship and below. 
This just makes the EPL look absolutely Sh!t

😂

• Like 1

Justice after the nonsense one earlier.

No surprise though, Poch doesn't do winning trophies. 

The boring destiny of it all. I cannot stand Liverpool. Absolutely horrendous club and truly the worst fans there are.

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bit of a cheek of the commenters going on and on about Chelsea spending money when Liverpool spent 100 million euros on Nunez..

Not our Nunez… but they are welcome 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Liverpool's players a re so young they may need help to get up the stairs to collect the trophy.

Lifting a trophy at 6, homework at 8 and bed at 9..

17 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The boring destiny of it all. I cannot stand Liverpool. Absolutely horrendous club and truly the worst fans there are.

I far prefer their style of football to Man City's by some margin. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I far prefer their style of football to Man City's by some margin. 

But you’ve always supported Liverpool alongside Norwich so you’re hardly being objective.

17 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Dreadful extra time display from Chelsea...Murdyk is just an £80m Placheta

They definitely have a lot of expensive semi-flops, they usually turn up for the big games and can’t be arsed the rest of the time.  The surprise is that they didn’t today - oddly they would have probably won if they were playing Liverpool’s first XI.

1 minute ago, MC_NCFC said:

But you’ve always supported Liverpool alongside Norwich so you’re hardly being objective.

Not at all. I support English teams in Europe, whoever they are. 

In domestic matches that affect NCFC, I support whoever will give NCFC an advantage or 1p5wich a disadvantage.

In the Premier league I would like to see somebody other than Man City for a change. I don't care if its Liverpool or Arsenal or even Spurs although that's unlikely.

44 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Honestly- the EFL should think about this competition being for only Championship and below. 
This just makes the EPL look absolutely Sh!t

😂

Thought this for a while, you have the pizza cup for L1 and L2. Why not the EFL cup for champs and lower and FA cup for all. 

35 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Liverpool's players a re so young they may need help to get up the stairs to collect the trophy.

Bout time they added some 35 year olds to that team, absolutely diabolical that they rely on these youngsters to do a job! 

You don't win anything with kids. 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Bout time they added some 35 year olds to that team, absolutely diabolical that they rely on these youngsters to do a job! 

You don't win anything with kids. 

Does that make us bang-on certs for the Prem next season then ? 😁

Just now, C.I.D said:

Does that make us bang-on certs for the Prem next season then ? 😁

Yep. Champions league when Barnes hits 40. 

44 minutes ago, ricardo said:

In domestic matches that affect NCFC, I support whoever will give NCFC an advantage or 1p5wich a disadvantage.

In the Premier league I would like to see somebody other than Man City for a change. I don't care if its Liverpool or Arsenal or even Spurs although that's unlikely.

I just can’t understand how anyone could support the club that stopped us playing in Europe. I could never forgive Liverpool after that. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Odd you say that - for much of my formative years Liverpool winning everything got a bit boring, with Keegan and then Dalglish et al.  I’d much prefer the Arsenal to win the PL, not sure why but they’ve kind-of become my PL side over the last 5 or so years - obviously when we aren’t there - as despite myself trying not to be interested, the PL is all so encompassing that it is hard not to get into it.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MC_NCFC said:

I just can’t understand how anyone could support the club that stopped us playing in Europe. I could never forgive Liverpool after that. 

For years after 1959 I harboured a grudge against Luton Town. Then one day I realised how pointless it all was. Now I can watch Luton on TV and never even think of Billy Bingham.

I wish they would start to use the EFL Cup as some sort of experimental tournament, try being bold with it and garner some interest. Make it a UK Cup and include Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Or a British Isles Cup and get Ireland involved. Move the final around so it's not always at Wembley. Restrict the amount of non-domestic players allowed in the matchday squad. Stuff like that. Just do something to make it more appealing. I didn't even know it was on today until the game had finished.

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

I used to support English clubs in Europe, but now it’s just the same ones playing in the European Cup every year I’ve found I’ve completely lost interest in the competition. Apart from where the stadium is there’s very little that’s English about them now anyway so I don’t even feel the “us vs them” that I used to. It almost felt like a mini international at times but sadly not anymore 

51 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I wish they would start to use the EFL Cup as some sort of experimental tournament, try being bold with it and garner some interest. Make it a UK Cup and include Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Or a British Isles Cup and get Ireland involved. Move the final around so it's not always at Wembley. Restrict the amount of non-domestic players allowed in the matchday squad. Stuff like that. Just do something to make it more appealing. I didn't even know it was on today until the game had finished.

Trouble is nobody outside of Rangers, Celtic or the English clubs would make it past the first couple of rounds anyway. I can’t imagine Plymouth travelling up to Inverness on a weekday evening, or Norwich wanting to go across to play TNS or Shamrock Rovers

Just now, Fen Canary said:

Trouble is nobody outside of Rangers, Celtic or the English clubs would make it past the first couple of rounds anyway. I can’t imagine Plymouth travelling up to Inverness on a weekday evening, or Norwich wanting to go across to play TNS or Shamrock Rovers

You'd only open it up to SPL teams, and it's only blinkered ignorance that make people believe that Hearts wouldn't smash Rotherham. And whilst the club might not appreciate it, I think there are hundreds of Norwich fans, maybe even 1,000 plus, who would love the opportunity to travel to Dublin to watch their team play in a meaningful fixture. I'd be there with a group of mates in a heartbeat. I know what the attending fans want is low in the priority list of those who hold the levers of power, but it shouldn't be. And the EFL Cup is the place to try these things out.

Don't let the top half EPL teams in until the 3rd round if needs be, like in the FA Cup. Just do something to make it a unique, talked about and desirable tournament. We've just seen an EFL Cup Final where Liverpool played some of their kids. Why? Because Klopp, and most of the fans, would not have given a real **** if Chelsea won today.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

You'd only open it up to SPL teams, and it's only blinkered ignorance that make people believe that Hearts wouldn't smash Rotherham. And whilst the club might not appreciate it, I think there are hundreds of Norwich fans, maybe even 1,000 plus, who would love the opportunity to travel to Dublin to watch their team play in a meaningful fixture. I'd be there with a group of mates in a heartbeat. I know what the attending fans want is low in the priority list of those who hold the levers of power, but it shouldn't be. And the EFL Cup is the place to try these things out.

Don't let the top half EPL teams in until the 3rd round if needs be, like in the FA Cup. Just do something to make it a unique, talked about and desirable tournament. We've just seen an EFL Cup Final where Liverpool played some of their kids. Why? Because Klopp, and most of the fans, would not have given a real **** if Chelsea won today.

On a weekend you might get a few go across (although the novelty would soon wear off I imagine) but how many are going to do it on a Tuesday evening?

If managers took the competition seriously and played a full strength team then the fans would turn up. The reason cup games are losing their appeal is because people don’t want to pay to go and watch a team full of reserves when you know the manager doesn’t care whether they win or lose.