Thirsty Lizard

Josh Sargent Ripping the Championship to Shreds

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

lol. Find me something that supports that comment! “Continually” being the key word… another poster who enjoys taking a swipe at fellow fans… odd!!

Anyway, to your first point, I’d say £30 million is not unreasonable. Who else is like Sarge in either EPL or Champs?

See attached photos, before taking a swipe at me (irony?) do some f ing research. Haha

agree re: your second point 

IMG_8730.png

IMG_8729.png

IMG_8728.png

IMG_8727.png

IMG_8726.png

• Haha 1

I remember the time it was very uncool to like Sargent on here. When he got good it felt like a coming out party to be able to say you liked him lol

Should bring in £30 million plus this summer for the club’s coffers. £25 for Rowe and Delia will be able to place another order for gin and sherry.

Seriously though I think that Gunn, McLean, Nunez, Sara, Sainz, Rowe and Sargent give us a base for developing a squad capable of surviving in the PL.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Should bring in £30 million plus this summer for the club’s coffers. £25 for Rowe and Delia will be able to place another order for gin and sherry.

Seriously though I think that Gunn, McLean, Nunez, Sara, Sainz, Rowe and Sargent give us a base for developing a squad capable of surviving in the PL.

You can take Kenny out of that mix. As much as he is accomplished at this level, at prem level he is nowhere near good enough.

As I suggested earlier, Wagner, the coaching team and Sargent himself deserve enormous credit for getting him to the player he is right now. His hold up play and intelligence has improved on a ridiculous scale, and as I said the team is built around him and you'll continually see Barnes doing the dirty work essentially giving Sargent a little space to work with.

P.S I would cheekily ask for @PurpleCanary view right now 😉

Edited by hogesar

54 minutes ago, hogesar said:

As I suggested earlier, Wagner, the coaching team and Sargent himself deserve enormous credit for getting him to the player he is right now. His hold up play and intelligence has improved on a ridiculous scale, and as I said the team is built around him and you'll continually see Barnes doing the dirty work essentially giving Sargent a little space to work with.

I will admit I was as wrong about Sargent as I was right about a previous striker... 😍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

See attached photos, before taking a swipe at me (irony?) do some f ing research. Haha

IMG_8730.png

IMG_8729.png

IMG_8728.png

IMG_8727.png

IMG_8726.png

Oh dear, lol. The key word as I said is “continually” 

How on earth can you say fans continually call him a donkey and bring up posts from 2-3 years ago as evidence! 

No one is continuing to call him a donkey, as you suggested.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

he has Turned into a Great CF  through hard work and i imagine coaching ,

Also a Good club man and Team player who gives his all every match 

he is playing fantastically well but wonder if he may need a little clear up op on his Ankle or if he is just being Managed back ?

in his interview he said i still have a problem with this ankle (or something like that )

7 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

First Sara, then came Rowe and now the Sarge high on the list of vulnerable assets.

Even Saintz is threatening to infiltrate this elite band. Whilst Gunn gets better and better.

I once said that Omo would end up our most saleable asset, and even topping the Emi deal. That went wrong for various reasons, but no bones broken because the Academy seems to be producing others.

The Sarge could well be in demand from mid-PL teams by the season's end, and I'm talking £40m. He's a striker, after all. The most valuable commodity in the game.

He's come so far since his first season as a youngster in a new land proved to be not quite up to Premier League demands, Acclimatised, older and confident.

Let's not also forget Sarge was played out of position in the Prem season as Pukki was up top.

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Oh dear, lol. The key word as I said is “continually” 

How on earth can you say fans continually call him a donkey and bring up posts from 2-3 years ago as evidence! 

No one is continuing to call him a donkey, as you suggested.

Oh dear lol I’ve given you a number of examples, how is that not continually? 

of course no one is going to say that now are they?

I’ve always thought there was a player there to be fair and pleased he’s proven me (and I guess you) right 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Oh dear lol I’ve given you a number of examples, how is that not continually? 

of course no one is going to say that now are they?

I’ve always thought there was a player there to be fair and pleased he’s proven me (and I guess you) right 

It’s not, because the meaning of continually is to continue to do something regularly. As you even say, nobody is saying that now and haven’t done for the best part of two years!  

Anyway, It looked like a dig. Apologies if it wasn’t. 

And no, he’s not proven me right. I thought there might be a decent hardworking player in there.. but didn’t see the complete goalscoring striker he’s turning into. I probably even “continually” criticised him 😉

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

It’s not, because the meaning of continually is to continue to do something regularly. As you even say, nobody is saying that now and haven’t done for the best part of two years!  

Anyway, It looked like a dig. Apologies if it wasn’t. 

And no, he’s not proven me right. I thought there might be a decent hardworking player in there.. but didn’t see the complete goalscoring striker he’s turning into. I probably even “continually” criticised him 😉

Fair enough I guess my definition of continually is different to yours. 

6 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

he has Turned into a Great CF  through hard work and i imagine coaching ,

Also a Good club man and Team player who gives his all every match 

he is playing fantastically well but wonder if he may need a little clear up op on his Ankle or if he is just being Managed back ?

in his interview he said i still have a problem with this ankle (or something like that )

The camera focussed in on his ankle on second half kickoff and it looked like it was pretty heavily strapped.

Edited by Monty13

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

The camera focussed in on his ankle on second half kickoff and it looked like it was pretty heavily strapped.

i wonder if just taking time or not healing as expected ? 

he seems to be playing well enough so maybe just going to take time ?

you hear though sometimes joints need a little op if something is not quite right after a injury

Well I take back what I said about him in his first season. Clearly I jumped the gun calling him sergeant Bilko.

Great , what would this season have been had he not spent so long out with his injury………

On 18/02/2024 at 10:25, Yobocop said:

IMG_8730.png

IMG_8729.png

IMG_8728.png

IMG_8727.png

IMG_8726.png

There's a whole thread ridiculing me somewhere for daring to suggest we should move on from Pukki and focus on Sargent as a replacement for Pukki before we were left in the lurch because Pukki had left.

Fact is none of our players should be written off if they don't hit the ground running; buying players for potential rather than being finished product is just where we're at. 

• Thanks 1

I feel a bit sorry for Sargent that it's only really this season that he's been given a chance to shine.  Obviously he was behind Pukki in the pecking order but you could tell there was something about him (the PL season may have been too early for him).

I remember watching him in the pre-season friendly we had against Cambridge last season, it was 42 degrees and physically he was head and shoulders above anyone else on that pitch.  I said at the time from that pov he was a 'Prem player' but needed to prove himself on the pitch, I wish he had been given a good run in the no. 9 position a lot sooner.

3 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Harry Kane lite. And I'm not sure he's even lite ...

With respect I hope he turns out better than Kane.

Because, as we know, because many people on here told us so at the time, Kane was a League 1 player at best.

What happened to him anyway? 

On 18/02/2024 at 09:25, Yobocop said:

IMG_8730.png

IMG_8729.png

IMG_8728.png

IMG_8727.png

IMG_8726.png

On a point of order, one of the donkeys in your collection there is poor old Adam Idah.

On 18/02/2024 at 09:31, Crafty Canary said:

It's this kind of thinking that got us all excited last time! I don't think we have any players who would get into a current EPL team, except perhaps Sheffield Utd, and I don't think we will attract massive bids for any of them if we don't go up. Rowe, Sainz and Sargent are all potentials if they can continue to improve but I don't think Maclean, Nunez or Sara have the athleticism necessary to be consistent performers at that level.

Rowe will go because of his contract situation, but I suspect it'll be another £10 to £12m deal.

• Like 1