cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Bluebirds*

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

Wonder what his value is now? Double?

Striker scoring goals regularly? Got to be north of £20million 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, repman said:

It's hard to see how Nunez can ever come out of this side anymore. We look so much better with him in the team, I think I'm right but the first time he started in midfield this year (as opposed to off the striker) was Bristol City away and our form since then has been superb. The only issue is fitting him in I guess.

Yeah. Also, I actually quite like Kenny at CB, because he is still able to pick off those quarterback style passes, not really something the other CB's are as good at.

2 minutes ago, repman said:

It's hard to see how Nunez can ever come out of this side anymore. We look so much better with him in the team, I think I'm right but the first time he started in midfield this year (as opposed to off the striker) was Bristol City away and our form since then has been superb. The only issue is fitting him in I guess.

Nail. On. Head.

Nunez is absolutely key for us and has to play every week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Striker scoring goals regularly? Got to be north of £20million 

Too cheap IMO. Given his age and the lack of top no. 9s he’s worth far more IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I would have expected Hanley and Sorenson at the back, Nunez and McLean in front of them and Sara further forward. 

Dunno, that's two right-footers.

7 minutes ago, Satriales said:

IMG_1673.thumb.jpeg.5234cdf5bbb3b7c11e59ed68f9170305.jpeg

16 shots, 4 on target, 5 off target and the other 7 presumably entering some form of alternate dimension?

• Haha 7

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Nunez is our best player.

Great defending to save Hanley's blushes there. 

Wow - what a difference a few wins can do- Wagner now cannot do any wrong, may it continue 

Edited by baldy09
  • Like 1

Meanwhile in the "what subs will Wagner come up with now" lottery, it's thrown up Lungi for Barnes. I suspect Nunez is getting moved a bit further forward.

Incidentally, Kamara's got a hat-trick of assists for Portsmouth today. And Springett seems to be a sub at Northampton.

Great goal from Fassnacht. He definitely knew what was happening that time. Nice touch from our new Ed Gamble lookalike too.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

I love it when Fash comes on, does nothing then just pops up and gets a goal 😂

Sainz did look a little frustrated it wasn't squared to him for a tap in! 

we could just now is that Coventry drop a point -so we  an be top 6 - even for a night

2 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

we could just now is that Coventry drop a point -so we  an be top 6 - even for a night

We do need to improve our goal difference against some of the teams around us, this result will help a bit. 

Excellent performance. McClean at the back and Nunez in mid gives a better blend of passing and defence. Great play from us coming forward today. And sensible and well timed subs. Huge credit to both the team and Wagner. More of that please. 

5 minutes ago, Satriales said:

We do need to improve our goal difference against some of the teams around us, this result will help a bit. 

We’ve opened a little bit of a gap between ourselves and Hull, a couple more results like this and we’ll be close to Coventry and WBA.

Edited by Nuff Said

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

We’ve opened a little bit of a gap between ourselves and Hull, a couple more results like this and we’ll be close to Coventry and WBA.

A gap of 0 points and +2 better GD.
*and they have a game in hand.

Edited by K Lo