Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

This is a good example of ”disconnect”

I might be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure I heard some Wolves fans were in the home section of the F.A cup game with West Brom and this was the cause of the crowd trouble. So to be fair better be safe then sorry.

Also if there was any fan trouble, then the club would really be in trouble as we got charged for the pre season game at Kings Lynn.

• Like 1

No, its not an example of disconnect although I appreciate after some good results some fans have a desire to ensure one remains.

The above is an example of the club ensuring the safety and match enjoyment of other fans. 

• Like 3

I understand it's for charity but that's absolutely the right call. Such a huge margin for things going tips-ut. 

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No, its not an example of disconnect although I appreciate after some good results some fans have a desire to ensure one remains.

The above is an example of the club ensuring the safety and match enjoyment of other fans. 

Absolutely. At the very least they should have checked with the club whether offering them in a raffle was acceptable!

It’s only an example of a ‘disconnect’ if you aren’t thinking. If anyone can’t see the conflict here, they are being rather dense. Saying that the raffle tickets would be ‘strictly to Norwich fans only’ is something you simply can’t police in a raffle for which tickets could be sold to literally anyone.  This is a high risk game, we saw only recently at WBA what can happen if away fans get into home areas - and there could yet be a lot riding on the game. And I hope the ginger haired lucky busker is told to eff off if he tries to get in this time. 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

The high risk nature of the match and concern about recent events at West Brom clearly indicates the issue.

That said what is to prevent any general admission season ticket holder from passing on their seat inappropriately given that season tickets are transferable? Perhaps they shouldn't be or at least a recorded ticker transfer system put in place.

From personal experience there have certainly been opposing team supporters in padded seats in the past particularly re top 6 teams.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

That said what is to prevent any general admission season ticket holder from passing on their seat inappropriately given that season tickets are transferable? Perhaps they shouldn't be or at least a recorded ticker transfer system put in .

I don't think there really is anything to prevent such a thing from a private party. I know one of our in his 70s that was sat in with the home fans at Portman Rd.

However, non-private corporate tickets at auction is begging for mischief. Potential PR disaster very much cut off at the root IMO.

22 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The high risk nature of the match and concern about recent events at West Brom clearly indicates the issue.

That said what is to prevent any general admission season ticket holder from passing on their seat inappropriately given that season tickets are transferable? Perhaps they shouldn't be or at least a recorded ticker transfer system put in place.

From personal experience there have certainly been opposing team supporters in padded seats in the past particularly re top 6 teams.

I suspect that there would be personal vetting by the season ticket holder in those circumstances as they would lose their seat should the person they passed it on to cause trouble...

26 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I suspect that there would be personal vetting by the season ticket holder in those circumstances as they would lose their seat should the person they passed it on to cause trouble...

Exactly. I’ve sat in the “wrong” end a few times but I’ve had the good grace to keep quiet. If you misbehave, then expect not only consequences for you, but also anyone who enables you. Common sense innit.

28 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Exactly. I’ve sat in the “wrong” end a few times but I’ve had the good grace to keep quiet. If you misbehave, then expect not only consequences for you, but also anyone who enables you. Common sense innit.

It is quite ridiculous how some seem incapable of behaving ‘sensibly’ for the circumstances.  I’ve sat in home fans as a supposed “neutral” dozens of times and never had a sniff of a problem - including many times at Poorman Road over the years.

• Like 1

Well I for one must say I'm incredibly surprised at the names of people defending the club on this. Let's be honest, the club could put up a roadblock on Carrow Road that prevented a NARS vehicle reaching an emergency and the usual crew would say, "People are berating the club for this?! They're just ensuring ALL vehicles travel safely around the stadium".

It's a private box. They've stated its for home fans only and if some s(ummers choose to contribute to a worthwhile cause and win, what are they going to do, punch people through the ****ing glass? Years ago there was a load of Leicester fans in a box in the River End that included Robbie ****ing Savage. I bet not a penny of that went to a charity.

Pathetic, Karen-style, pencil-pushing ***. If the council ever put traffic wardening out to tender the club should enter. They've got the right mindset.

We were no better under previous regimes when we hounded a local brewery for calling an ale On The Ball or something like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's also not a surprise to see the ones attacking our club yet again. But I guess it gave them a reason to post this weekend...

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's also not a surprise to see the ones attacking our club yet again. But I guess it gave them a reason to post this weekend...

Quite so.  It is pretty pathetic…and if there are binner fans in home areas they will be the first to whinge endlessly about it.  This is not just a run of the mill game where no one gives a crap. But hey, let’s not allow sense get in the way when an apparent way to beat the club comes about.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Sorry but not sure that’s got anything to do with any disconnect between club and supporters.

However that’s a pretty classless way to deal with the situation. Could have done exactly the same thing but offered an alternative prize given the circumstances.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It's a private box. They've stated its for home fans only and if some s(ummers choose to contribute to a worthwhile cause and win, what are they going to do, punch people through the ****ing glass?

I think it's more about knowing who's at the stadium should anything happen, it's been like that since the aftermath of Hillsborough and all seater stadiums.  That's why terms and conditions exist, as jobsworth as it is.

If they are hospitality tickets it probably includes access to the lounge and dining areas, i'm not sure company directors would be too appreciative of some scum fans giving their clients grief either.  As people have said above, it'd be a better look if the club offered some other kind of prize whereby the winners go through the correct process.

Listen to yourselves. Just for once.

You've got nutty nigel having to make out that I, an overtly pro-Delia and MWJ fan, is some anti-club fundamentalist. You've got Branston Pickle making out that there is a genuine threat that a raffle promoted by a Norwich-based company for a Norfolk-based charity is going to be swamped by Ipswich fans that might win and therefore be in the hazardous position of watching the Derby from, *gasps* indoors in a private box?!

Just be honest with yourselves, the club could take up seal-clubbing for sport and you nutters would watch from the dunes screaming encouragement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You've got nutty nigel having to make out that I, an overtly pro-Delia and MWJ fan, is some anti-club fundamentalist. You've got Branston Pickle making out that there is a genuine threat that a raffle promoted by a Norwich-based company for a Norfolk-based charity is going to be swamped by Ipswich fans that might win and therefore be in the hazardous position of watching the Derby from, *gasps* indoors in a private box?!

Just be honest with yourselves, the club could take up seal-clubbing for sport and you nutters would watch from the dunes screaming encouragement.

That’s utter, utter ****. You really are a fool

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm just glad you guys finally found reason to post. The board has been like a morgue all weekend.

You'll probably be bitter about the wicked club on your deathbed when perhaps it will dawn on you that you're not gonna get another go with a club that suits your needs...

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

I guess as an ST holder we do have to be responsible. It is hard to see how that differs from the box situation as presumably more than 4 people occupy the box unless we are talking about exclusive use to someone that is clearly not known to the hirer. The Club may need to be ultra sensitive in the current situation but as usual their messaging isn't logically clear.

40 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yeah but the risk is that a sadistic axe murderer could inadvertently be invited into a plush Carrow Road box or even worse a member of the great unwashed.

At the end of the day Zoe is getting around 4 tines a Ministerial Salary so we have to bow our heads to her infinite wisdom.

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Come on, have some heart. Just think how much it has cheered eeyore up having something negative to post. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

At the end of the day Zoe is getting around 4 tines a Ministerial Salary so we have to bow our heads to her infinite wisdom.

Is this the same Zoe who does nothing, until the club does something people aren't happy with, and then it's all her doing? 

It's a Pinkun paradox, I tell yee! :classic_cool:

I see the bitty is running freely with the usual suspects all of a sudden. 

She’s going to need a lot when it’s announced we are well and a truly broke. I’m sure it will be met with thunderous haribo slapping

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm just glad you guys finally found reason to post. The board has been like a morgue all weekend.

You'll probably be bitter about the wicked club on your deathbed when perhaps it will dawn on you that you're not gonna get another go with a club that suits your needs...

You're really not normal, old boy.

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s utter, utter ****. You really are a fool

Actually, I was a tad foolish. You in particular wouldn't stand and cheer from the dunes whilst the club bludgeoned seals, you'd grab a club and join in and screech hysterically at the people who criticised the club's seal-clubbing policy.

19 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Actually, I was a tad foolish. You in particular wouldn't stand and cheer from the dunes whilst the club bludgeoned seals, you'd grab a club and join in and screech hysterically at the people who criticised the club's seal-clubbing policy.

What a complete **** you are.  The club does plenty good and bad, this isn’t among the bad - if you had a brain you’d possibly realise it. 

• Like 1