1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

None of those 3 were playing regularly so no. 

If we need players for the bench then promote from within. Give Aboh etc.  some bench experience/minutes. 

We can fill the bench with goalkeepers.👍

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

This? 

Hull announce Omur signing

Hull have confirmed the signing of Abdulkadir Omur from Trabzonspor for an undisclosed fee.

Yeah that's the one, valued at 8m I think so must've been a few quid spent.

13 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

We can fill the bench with goalkeepers.👍

I’d like to see at least one Arsenal youth goalie come in, just to ensure none of our young keepers get the chance from the bench. It’s not a risk that’s worth taking.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I’d like to see at least one Arsenal youth goalie come in, just to ensure none of our young keepers get the chance from the bench. It’s not a risk that’s worth taking.

I think this is the things that's suprised me most this window, I genuinely thought we'd be getting at least one Arsenal youngster on loan. 

I still think we'll end up with Norton-Cuffy in the summer though. 

7 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

So, by my maths, the Sunderland signing started at Spurs when he was 5 years old. Did he have a contract back then? 

He has probably attended their academy since he was 5, but he technically couldn't sign any form of contract until 16. But he would have also signed up as a registered player every year he was there.

Feels an underwhelming window for us imo.

Weve effectively lost a midfielder (foreshaw), a winger (placheta) and are also a striker down.(hwang)

We had a smallish squad, so was hoping Knapper would have links and he'd bring in a loan or two.

Still time but looking unlikely. Definitely looks like we're holding back until summer

• Sad 1

I'd recommend NTT20's transfer page for those intrested in confirmed signings around the EFL. Some good analysis/opinions.

https://www.ntt20.com/p/efl-january-transfer-deadline-day-signings

On Ipswich and Moore... I'm much more disappointed by their smart signing of Ali Al-Hamadi. He would have been great foil for Sarge, good link up, very good dribbler and pace to burn. Decent goal scoring record so far at League 2 level and looks more than ready to step up. A lot of similarities with Luton picking up Elijah Adebayo from Walsall. 

Others that we might have missed that seem like sensible transfers for us... Max Bird to Bristol City looks like a great signing and would have loved Anass Zaroury here on loan. Not quite sure how Hull plan on getting all these tidy playmaker types into one team though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Weve effectively lost a midfielder (foreshaw), a winger (placheta) and are also a striker down.(hwang)

We had a smallish squad, so was hoping Knapper would have links and he'd bring in a loan or two.

Still time but looking unlikely. Definitely looks like we're holding back until summer

Niet.

Hwang was brought in to cover for Sargent's injury. So we are as you were in the striker department.

Placenta, and especially Foreshaw, were not really featuring at all. In fact, and I could be wrong, but it feels like Springett made more match day squads than either of them.

I think both of our left backs can play further forward...

Actually, what worries more are the number of players out of contract again come the summer... Gibson, Giannoulis, McCallum... with others then hitting the final year of theirs like Rowe.

All i ask is IF a bid comes in for Rowe which i think West ham are now going to ,

Knapper has the Foresight to have deals lined up ready to press the go button as soon as it is done 

if anyone says it was to late to do a deal after all this time then it is a shambles 

11 minutes ago, chicken said:

Niet.

Hwang was brought in to cover for Sargent's injury. So we are as you were in the striker department.

Placenta, and especially Foreshaw, were not really featuring at all. In fact, and I could be wrong, but it feels like Springett made more match day squads than either of them.

Actually, what worries more are the number of players out of contract again come the summer... Gibson, Giannoulis, McCallum... with others then hitting the final year of theirs like Rowe.

So we are still all good in the DM department? The fact that Forshaw was a busted flush doesn’t negate the fact we are STILL crying out for one!

22 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

If nothing more happens I agree, very underwhelming. Some good moves to get rid of deadwood and get some youth players some game time but if we genuinely want to be top 6 zero reinforcements and reducing the backup options certainly isn’t going to help.

2 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

So we are still all good in the DM department? The fact that Forshaw was a busted flush doesn’t negate the fact we are STILL crying out for one!

Different argument. One was about numbers.

The one you make is about positional diversity. We have been without Sorensen, arguably his return from injury means we're not needing Foreshaw as much...

Do we need a more competent DM? Arguably yes, though we don't play with one.

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

If nothing more happens I agree, very underwhelming. Some good moves to get rid of deadwood and get some youth players some game time but if we genuinely want to be top 6 zero reinforcements and reducing the backup options certainly isn’t going to help.

vH would be a reinforcement. 

1 minute ago, chicken said:

vH would be a reinforcement. 

Not if Idah goes. Let’s see what happens, I’d be pretty happy with that swap but it’s no more bodies.

38 minutes ago, chicken said:

Niet.

Not quite when you think Hwang was originally signed for the season.

16 minutes ago, chicken said:

Different argument. One was about numbers.

The one you make is about positional diversity. We have been without Sorensen, arguably his return from injury means we're not needing Foreshaw as much...

Do we need a more competent DM? Arguably yes, though we don't play with one.

Chicken, agreed. It’s like the Elephant in the room always. Do we play with one? No …because we don’t have that option, do we need one? …love to ask that question to our CBs. It’s so bloody obvious. If our Academy focus is on anything it should be nurturing one, it’s becoming painfully obvious we can not afford to buy a fit one.

• Like 1

The argument that we don't play with a CDM or that Wagner ball doesn't use one really riles me, its the sodding reason why we concede far too many stupid goals, everyone needs to wake up to that and Knapper needs to sodding well get a capable one in.

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The argument that we don't play with a CDM or that Wagner ball doesn't use one really riles me, its the sodding reason why we concede far too many stupid goals, everyone needs to wake up to that and Knapper needs to sodding well get a capable one in.

And concede so many from counter attacks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not sure if it's good or bad, but frustrating that for a club pushing a play-off place this hasn't been more dynamic this window.

Hasn't been MORE dynamic?  What?  It couldn't have been any less dynamic.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chicken said:

Niet.

Agreed, those out of contract seem strange. Unless the thought is if we stay in the Championship we cannot afford their wages, or if we go up they will not be up to it. We have a one year extension to Rowe's contract (taking it to June 2026). We were heading in the right direct (winning) before Sargeant, Hanley and Lungi returned. Which suggests we are more than capable of continuing our play off run.

It would help if Wagner could get Passback up to the level he thought he was at when he signed him. Sainz has certainly shown why he was signed. Be interesting to see how he measures up against Rowe come the end of season.

It's not about new signings, so much as getting the best out of what we have.

20 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

No. This mythical creation can only be in one place at once. The ball can move far, far faster than any player.  The fault lies in this totally baffling tactic of not marking and then not challenging the opposition until they approach the 18 yard box. The nonsense that is *nal marking at corners has almost disappeared, as it has finally dawned ion managers that empty spaces don't score.

We need to close down players when they have the ball, not jog along side them allowing them a couple of options to pass to.

13 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Moore officially on the bins 

Meh, don't get why everyone was bigging this deal up earlier. Bang average at best 🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, RobJames said:

No. This mythical creation can only be in one place at once. The ball can move far, far faster than any player.  The fault lies in this totally baffling tactic of not marking and then not challenging the opposition until they approach the 18 yard box. The nonsense that is *nal marking at corners has almost disappeared, as it has finally dawned ion managers that empty spaces don't score.

We need to close down players when they have the ball, not jog along side them allowing them a couple of options to pass to.

Don’t often agree with you Rob James, but 100% with you on this matter.

20 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I wondered why people were calling you Bill earlier. Innocent no more! 

I’m a little slow.. call me a simple farmhand, if you’re driven to it : -)

The great thing about this forum is that, in their own different ways, numerous users put City first !

56 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

We were clearly chasing Varane, so I think he's aware.  Why we can't land one is most concerning, it's been far too long.

• Like 1