5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Very unlikely. That player would have to be a Skippish CDM. And we never sign them.

At the moment, there may be no point in signing a Skippish CDM. Wagner doesn't seem to believe in them anyway. More farting around at the back, one poor sod totally overrun in midfield, and hopeful punts to the diagonals coming up.

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

At the moment, there may be no point in signing a Skippish CDM. Wagner doesn't seem to believe in them anyway. More farting around at the back, one poor sod totally overrun in midfield, and hopeful punts to the diagonals coming up.

Exactly, if Knapper signs a decent CDM, what's Wagner going to do with him?

His whole setup is no CDM & no number 10, it would be a ridiculous situation with players being bought for the next manager, whilst Wagner is still in position. 

38 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sounds like Buh has you rattled

Sounds like you're on side with someone does nothing but complain, derails posts and makes comments about people sucking old womens breasts if you don't get on board the hate train. 

If this forum is now a place where we accept that as normal then this place really has hit its lowest point 

Edited by nu_matik
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d rather judge at the end of the window. The moving on of players either out or on loan have all been steps in the right direction IMO.

It’s going to be hard to attract the sort of player we want given the position we are in. Players we are linked with have all also been linked to clubs either in the PL or higher in the Championship. 

I also understand why he hasn’t been interviewed. He’s going to get questions on Wagner and his future along with the vision and that’s super awkward if he’s not in the long term plan, impossible to navigate satisfactorily.

14 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I’d rather judge at the end of the window. The moving on of players either out or on loan have all been steps in the right direction IMO.

It’s going to be hard to attract the sort of player we want given the position we are in. Players we are linked with have all also been linked to clubs either in the PL or higher in the Championship. 

I also understand why he hasn’t been interviewed. He’s going to get questions on Wagner and his future along with the vision and that’s super awkward if he’s not in the long term plan, impossible to navigate satisfactorily.

“We are going to sit down in the summer and start to put in place our exciting vision plan for the future. There will be changes ahead but we will not be revealing them until the season is done. But rest assured that we will seek to hold onto those who prove they can perform and want to be a part of the next chapter. Please be patient until then” 

Job done. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

“We are going to sit down in the summer and start to put in place our exciting vision plan for the future. There will be changes ahead but we will not be revealing them until the season is done. But rest assured that we will seek to hold onto those who prove they can perform and want to be a part of the next chapter. Please be patient until then” 

Job done. 

Yep. He can even address January specifically.

"Obviously there's everything still to play for and I get the fans' frustration, but we will only do business in January if its a good deal and the right thing for the long term vision of the club. If its not we'll bide our time and wait for the right moment and personnel. I know that's not what fans want to hear, but I ask for a little patience and understanding and to assure people we are all working hard all year long to move the club forward on the pitch and off it - not just in January"

It's like Alastair Campbell always says - get out ahead of the story and control the narrative. Don't let the narrative control you.

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I know January is not always the best time to do business, but for a team chasing the play-offs with a few glaring holes in the squad, I would have thought we would have done some business by now. The fact we haven't is made especially odd by a new Sporting Director arriving in time for the window as well. What is going on? Not even a loan or two coming in? Will we get something over the line before month-end and if so why have we not had these players already in the building for the last three weeks?

Knapper has now been in the job two months and there's been no signing, no new staff, no infrastructure announcement, no board changes and not even an interview! Without wanting to go off the deep-end, what is he doing? What the hell is going on? What is the plan? Why hasn't anything happened? 

I know he's due to speak at the end of the window so maybe this post is premature and by then lots of stuff might have happened, but I'm starting to get annoyed with the lack of action.

Is anyone else feeling like this?

It's frustrating, but I'm prepared to give him another 11 days and judge him on the window as a whole. Seems only fair, really.

• Like 1

The amount of people who kicked off at Webber coming out to "speak but not act" and the clamour for Knapper to "at least speak" is quite ironic.

I reckon we might only be 6 months away from a BRING BACK STU campaign.

I'm here for it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The amount of people who kicked off at Webber coming out to "speak but not act" and the clamour for Knapper to "at least speak" is quite ironic.

I'm here for it.

To be fair, I can't recall that ever being a criticism of Webber. The tone of his communication, the Smith and Wagner appointments and his horrific last five transfer windows, yes definitely. Speaking too much was not really a problem I can remember fans complaining about.

Edited by Worthy Nigelton

Didn't expect any incomings, saving for the next coach.  Surprised anyone expected more signings.  Who but our failures would want to play under Wagner.

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

In short it’s the slow creep on the destruction of this clubs standards and footing among its peers at the behest of an insane, drunk, irrelevant TV cook from the 1970s and at the permission of fans that Unironically bring boiled sweets and a personal FM radio to the ground on match days.

Have you always been a Cnut or have you worked at it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

To be fair, I can't recall that ever being a criticism of Webber. The tone of his communication and his horrific last five transfer windows, yes definitely. Speaking too much was not really a problem I can remember fans complaining about.

I don't think it was for the larger fanbase but on this forum there was a lot of complaints that he came out and spoke, leading to calls that an SD shouldn't be so public facing and talking on behalf of the club. So I mean, at least we've definitely achieved that so far?

If you're not happy you can join me on my BBS (Bring Back Stu) campaign. I'm just waiting for the right moment 😉

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I don't think it was for the larger fanbase but on this forum there was a lot of complaints that he came out and spoke, leading to calls that an SD shouldn't be so public facing and talking on behalf of the club. So I mean, at least we've definitely achieved that so far?

If you're not happy you can join me on my BBS (Bring Back Stu) campaign. I'm just waiting for the right moment 😉

I'm all for it... BBS! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Are you putting together a team of Sherpas to help you with your task?

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I’d edit that beauty if I was you, quite a few like grassing on here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Something tells me I’m not going to be offered a haribo at the ground today

Dunno why people are concerned to be honest. January window is a rip off, if we could net £20m and add ons for Jonny Rowe we should be celebrating.

Summer window is key,  new manager ruthless clear out and reset give the team a year to adjust then look for HMS **** the league 25/26

• Like 1

i think it is a mixture of things ,

Money or lack of it at the club ,

Finding gems they are not like pebbles on a beach and all clubs are looking for those players ,

we are not the most attractive club in the league at the moment ,

will players sign long term contracts without knowing who the manager is going to be next season ,

might sign now but if we change manager might not be the new managers first choice ? 

To much up in the Air at the moment for us ,

25 years and my life is still

tryin to get up that great big hill

of hope

for a destination 

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Dunno why people are concerned to be honest. January window is a rip off, if we could net £20m and add ons for Jonny Rowe we should be celebrating.

Summer window is key,  new manager ruthless clear out and reset give the team a year to adjust then look for HMS **** the league 25/26

i think 20 mil plus add ons   is cheap for Rowe but that is my opinion 

how much of that money would we be able to give a New Manager to recruit in Summer ? ,

some say we need 20 million to stand still to fill a black hole in accounts  ? 

we need to recruit well and better than we have been and a big turnover of players that never works ,

that's why i wanted Wagner gone before now so new man can start building for next season ,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

25 years and my life is still

tryin to get up that great big hill

of hope

for a destination 

might find Webber at the Summit 

• Haha 1

Just now, norfolkngood said:

i think 20 mil plus add ons   is cheap for Rowe but that is my opinion 

how much of that money would we be able to give a New Manager to recruit in Summer ? ,

some say we need 20 million to stand still to fill a black hole in accounts  ? 

we need to recruit well and better than we have been and a big turnover of players that never works ,

that's why i wanted Wagner gone before now so new man can start building for next season ,

In the summer there will be £8 to spend

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Job done. 

Doesn’t really work when Zoe is saying the aim is top 6 in every programme through does it?

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I'm here for it.

No one has an issue with Stu speaking, they had an issue with what he said.

I thoroughly agree with Connor Southwell’s article - wait till the Summer when you get a favourable amount of time to fully assess the situation and snap decisions are not made - save what money we have (probably more than what is being let on) and have a good Summer transfer market when ins and outs can be done with time

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Wait until he's climbed Everest or whatever....

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Doesn’t really work when Zoe is saying the aim is top 6 in every programme through does it?

They don’t even have the courage to admit that the season is a write off 

It dovetails perfectly to my observation that nobody left at the club is willing or has the backbone to go out on their sword, on their principles.

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

In the summer there will be £8 to spend

you are so so Wrong it is £8.52 ! Nephew Tom took the 52 p out of his piggy bank 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

No one has an issue with Stu speaking, they had an issue with what he said.

Ah! So we need a SD that speaks, but only says what the fans want to hear. 😇😉

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

You're behind the curve. Delia's already putting up the posters. 

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Haha 1