I don't believe that. As well as being linked with both Manchester clubs and major European sides, he was also linked with Sheffield United before Christmas, who could probably provide him regular Premier League football. Admittedly only for a few months, but it's more than we're going to be able to offer him for the foreseeable. Never seen him play but he's touted as a major prospect, given how whack Stacey has been lately he'd probably make the right-back berth his own very quickly.

It would be mega impressive if we pulled this off, and let's be honest, mega impressive is not something you would have attributed to us for the last couple of years.

Edited by canarydan23

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I don't believe that. As well as being linked with both Manchester clubs and major European sides, he was also linked with Sheffield United before Christmas, who could probably provide him regular Premier League football. Admittedly only for a few months, but it's more than we're going to be able to offer him for the foreseeable. Never seen him play but he's touted as a major prospect, given how whack Stacey has been lately he'd probably make the right-back berth his own very quickly.

It would be mega impressive if we pulled this off, and let's be honest, mega impressive is not something you would have attributed to us for the last couple of years.

Not for much longer...and it would be quite an "us" kind of signing.

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Wants first team football? He's younger than Fisher!! Is he really any better and could dislodge Stacey?! 

According to Google he's been in the Irish U21 setup for almost a year now. I've just WhatsApped my cousin for the lowdown as he follows Irish football.

• Like 1

I’ve looked into him a bit more, 3 goals this season from right back also played a few of them games at Centre back. Just over 50 senior games and still only 18! Won Irish league Young Player of the Season being the Youngest to ever win it. Very impressive indeed if we have pulled it off! 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't see us spending 3 million on an 18 year old when we have Stacey

Good job it's only 1m up front then isn't it 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If true it is one million up front. The rest is appearances etc.

5 minutes ago, Insider said:

I’ve looked into him a bit more, 3 goals this season from right back also played a few of them games at Centre back. Just over 50 senior games and still only 18! Won Irish league Young Player of the Season being the Youngest to ever win it. Very impressive indeed if we have pulled it off! 

And he only turned 18 in December.

Whilst the background looks impressive, is this a priority area? Most of us seem to agree that a proper defensive midfielder is needed and I would say an additional forward now Hwang has returned to sender. With Barnes a basically non scoring forward, that leaves all our eggs in the Sargent / Idah / Rowe baskets and we know how unreliable the boy Idah is in that regard. Stacey has seen a dip in form but for much of this season he has been one of the very first names on the team sheet. SC may well be an upgrade but what does that do to help out a paper thin midfield which has been alarmingly overrun this season to date.   

Posted it on facebook, the cretins are already moaning about him being no better than Fisher and being national League level etc. 

Always amazes me people write players off before they even kick a ball for us. 🤷🤷🤷 personally I'll get behind any incoming player until they give me a reason not to. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Whilst the background looks impressive, is this a priority area? Most of us seem to agree that a proper defensive midfielder is needed and I would say an additional forward now Hwang has returned to sender. With Barnes a basically non scoring forward, that leaves all our eggs in the Sargent / Idah / Rowe baskets and we know how unreliable the boy Idah is in that regard. Stacey has seen a dip in form but for much of this season he has been one of the very first names on the team sheet. SC may well be an upgrade but what does that do to help out a paper thin midfield which has been alarmingly overrun this season to date.   

You do know transfers don't come in by priority order right? They come in by who gets done first. 🤷

6 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

You do know transfers don't come in by priority order right? They come in by who gets done first. 🤷

Of course but to spend (allegedly) £1M up front surely lessens cash available for the other priorities? Unless we are warming up the natives for the sale of an existing first team player which has been widely speculated all season!!

Or we could just have a bit of cash available from MA and this lad is the first through the door for the rebuild? Not everything is a conspiracy dude. 

The flag definitely wasn't waving in the wind. 

Ha, he'll go to a PL club.Look what happened to that Maddison boy. Players do not want to sign for us..... apart from those who do, obviously.

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Of course but to spend (allegedly) £1M up front surely lessens cash available for the other priorities? Unless we are warming up the natives for the sale of an existing first team player which has been widely speculated all season!!

If it’s a player they’ve been watching and want to sign, if the opportunity has come up to sign him they’re going to take it! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

He can play anywhere across the back line, he's already played CB several times this season. Given that Gibson, Batth, McCallum and Giannoulis are out of contract in the summer and unlikely to be renewed, strengthening the defence seems like a solid plan if we want to lower our squad age. If the lad can also play LB then there's even more to like.

• Like 1

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

He can play anywhere across the back line, he's already played CB several times this season. Given that Gibson, Batth, McCallum and Giannoulis are out of contract in the summer and unlikely to be renewed, strengthening the defence seems like a solid plan if we want to lower our squad age. If the lad can also play LB then there's even more to like.

Don’t think he’s played LB but was a right winger earlier in his career! 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Most of us seem to agree that a proper defensive midfielder is needed

Let's be honest, if we wait until we sign a DM before we signed anyone else, we won't sign anyone else.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Let's be honest, if we wait until we sign a DM before we signed anyone else, we won't sign anyone else.

BuT iTs ThE pRiOrItY!!!!! 

Until we don't sign anyone at all then the same people are moaning that we're signing NO-ONE!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't think Stacey is all that. His current form shows exactly why he was 3rd choice at Bournemouth.

Signing Curtis in addition to Fisher is slightly odd and suggests that one of them will be on loan either for the rest of this season, or next, or both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

@SouthwellC where's pads?? No circus?? Wide of the mark?? We need to know!!! 

They'll break the story after it's announced. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

If he wants first team football he won't be coming here!Wagner won't be playing him!

He will if his number comes out of the machine.

27 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

If he wants first team football he won't be coming here!Wagner won't be playing him!

Perhaps he doesn't assume Wagner will be the head coach next season...😜