Sign in to follow this  
ncfc-tom

Nows the time Ben.

Mourinho just been sacked by Roma, a forward thinking coach that is happy with a mixture of youth and experience.

8 minutes ago, ncfc-tom said:

Mourinho just been sacked by Roma, a forward thinking coach that is happy with a mixture of youth and experience.

Would be an interesting choice. Knows how to work on a tight budget and enjoys fine claret. Informal meeting at Stowmarket on the cards? 

• Sad 1

We couldn’t even land Mousinho yet alone Mourinho 

• Like 1

Howe won't be going anywhere, has done a good job and is currently being shafted by a huge injury list. In any case Jose is a dinosaur who plays turgid football, just doesn't fit with the Newcastle mould IMO.

• Like 2

Well, if we're gonna park the bus, why the **** not? Hell, can we dig Egil Olsen out of retirement and get him in?

(That's a joke, everyone!)

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Newcastle bound I wonder?

Hopefully, as Howe can then become England manager after Southgate steps down. 

I read last year that Moanrinho had been paid £80m. in sacking payments over the years usually lasting no more than three seasons at any club. But he's on the managerial merry-go-round along with quite a few others and I'm sure he'll pick up a job in one of the top European leagues with a club who'll accept his out-dated turgid playing style in return for some hoped-for success.

3 hours ago, ncfc-tom said:

Meh. Wouldn't want him. He's a failure. He has been sacked loads of times.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

6 hours ago, S_81 said:

Yes that would be a good scenario.

Howe has done a great job at Newcastle, but even with all the injuries they've had I suspect he will be replaced in the summer should they fail to qualify for the Champions League.

8 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Howe won't be going anywhere, has done a good job and is currently being shafted by a huge injury list. In any case Jose is a dinosaur who plays turgid football, just doesn't fit with the Newcastle mould IMO.

couldnt care less about Newcastle long may it continue the club is run with money dripping in blood well if they was allowed to spend it anyways

Getting sacked many times did not rule out Wagner getting a job.  Unlikely to get another one when City get rid,  soonest will be better.

I see Wagner is lining us up for a no buy transfer window. No surprise there then. Keep us competitive until Summer David then we will let you go on a bonus and apt new man who is not available yet. Some would call me a cynic

Enoch Powell said that all political lives end in failure. The same is mainly true of football managers if they hang around too long, with a few exceptions such as Ferguson and Wenger.

Even if we could afford him, there's no way I'd want Mourinho here. He might have been the Special One at Porto, but he is now just another name on the merry-go-round, admittedly a higher level merry-go-round than the Steve Bruce one.

Edited by canarybubbles

21 hours ago, S_81 said:

I'd rather Mourinho became England manager.

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Enoch Powell said that all political lives end in failure. The same is mainly true of football managers if they hang around too long

And yet he still lifted silverware at Roma, winning the Europa Conference, took 23 years for David Moyes to lift anything, so whilst not the special one he's still a pretty good one. I still laugh at Spurs sacking a serial winner a few days before a domestic cup final, what a ludicrous decision.

44 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

He's a busted flush...  no thanks.

You mean you’d rather stick with Wagner lol

11 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Enoch Powell said that all political lives end in failure. The same is mainly true of football managers if they hang around too long, with a few exceptions such as Ferguson and Wenger.

Even if we could afford him, there's no way I'd want Mourinho here. He might have been the Special One at Porto, but he is now just another name on the merry-go-round, admittedly a higher level merry-go-round than the Steve Bruce one.

There is only one Enoch I follow and thats Enoch Showunmi.

Edited by jaberry2

6 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

You mean you’d rather stick with Wagner lol

I'm sorry but that response really suggests you are quite silly (sorry but its a ridiculous statement) you've probably spent too much time on social media!   

It doesn't suggest anything about my views on Wagner, just purely my opinion on Mourinho.     Mourinho couldn't manage this team, he needs thugs, he needs money, he needs the spotlight for his ego.     Norwich City aren't providing any of that.     

Wagner is useless in my view.    He's literally destroyed Liam Gibbs' potential right in front of us, played him out of position, damaged his confidence and exhuberance.   The lad needs to get away as fast as possible for his own sake.    I want change but Mourinho, not ever!   

Edited by ged in the onion bag