Posted (edited)

Has anybody else seen this defensive midfield player and been impressed with him?

I remember noting him as a stand-out performer for Bristol City (who had forked out a reported £7m+ fee for him) a few years ago, but cannot remember the game. Lots of skill.

His contract ran out at Bristol, and he had a very short spell in his native France before being snapped up by Burnley last August, but he has yet to make an appearance.

I note Samuel Seaman must be similarly impressed as he has, in the Pink, included him in one of his five PL options that City should consider loaning.

Could we do worse? Anybody seen more of him? 

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Brilliant name. Good enough for me. Can't wait for the crossword clue.

Anagram?

I'll work on it.

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Anagram?

I'll work on it.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Star Wars/biblical implications of his first name, but, sure, I'll take an anagram.

Posted (edited)

Solo ark-builder forces stormtrooper eastwards into tropical fruit, creating City transfer target? (3-4, 8 )

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Solo ark-builder forces stormtrooper eastwards into tropical fruit, creating City transfer target? (3-4, 8 )

Hmmm. No, sorry, you've got me there

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Hmmm. No, sorry, you've got me there

Solo = Han

Ark-builder = Noah

Stormtrooper = SS

Eastwards = E

Tropical fruit = Mango

Force the SSE into Mango and you get Ma-sse-ngo.

I didn't say it wasn't contrived. But in my defence I hadn't heard of him until this morning.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Solo = Han

Ark-builder = Noah

Stormtrooper = SS

Eastwards = E

Tropical fruit = Mango

Force the SSE into Mango and you get Ma-sse-ngo.

I didn't say it wasn't contrived. But in my defence I hadn't heard of him until this morning.

"Solo Ark-builder mixes southern mangoes, creating City transfer target" would be better. (Massengo is an anagram of S mangoes).

16 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

On form there Rob - excellent effort

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Never seen Star Wars so would have preferred 'tailless appendage'' with joins 'animal loving boatman' as Ark-builder may be too obvious? 

That was where I was at. You've bettered me on the last name.

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Never seen Star Wars so would have preferred 'tailless appendage'' joins animal loving boatman as Ark-builder may be too obvious? 

Out of likes but yes, like that. Agree that ark-builder is a bit too easy.

Posted (edited)

If we are going to start throwing names out generally due to transfer boredom / radio silence from the club, I would go for a loan for Man Utd youngster Kobbie Mainoo. A holding / defensive midfielder who breaks up play but always looks for a forward pass. He's only 18 and would be good experience for him (in theory). He looked very accomplished against Wigan recently and would add a different more resilient dynamic to our midfield and we should be able to put the likes of Sara further forward.

Edited by jaberry2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

If we are going to start throwing names out generally due to transfer boredom due to radio silence from the club, I would go for a loan for Man Utd youngster Kobbie Mainoo. A holding / defensive midfielder who breaks up play but always looks for a forward pass. He's only 18 and would be good experience for him (in theory). He looked very accomplished against Wigan recently and would add a different more resilient dynamic to our midfield and we should be able to put the likes of Sara further forward.

Not "throwing' names out," actually. As I said, this player was mentioned in the PinkUn by Samuel Seaman as being a good player for City to loan from the PL. I was agreeing with this based upon my own assessment after seeing him in single game and wondered if others had seen more of him.

Wouldn't know about your recommendation, but perhaps he might be too young? 

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Not "throwing' names out," actually. As I said, this player was mentioned in the PinkUn by Samuel Seaman as being a good player for City to loan from the PL. I was agreeing with this based upon my own assessment after seeing him in one game single and wondered if others had seen more of him.

Wouldn't know about your recommendation, but perhaps he night be too young? 

Sorry I didnt see that article. Massengo looked impressive in a Bristol team, so probably not a bad shout. You would of expecting some news on transfers by this stage of January.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Anagram?

I'll work on it.

'Shaman Hang Noose' is the best I can do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rolf Harris said:

Seems we already had a physical DM which we didnt play. No nonsense from the lad.

A message from Trevor Hockey: "It seems that this lad has been watching my highlights reel on repeat."

Posted (edited)

"Limb re-torn" anagram of City sick-note or Pinkun poster?

(6. 1.3)

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

'Shaman Hang Noose' is the best I can do.

Shag? Nah, man noose 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

A message from Trevor Hockey: "It seems that this lad has been watching my highlights reel on repeat."

We, unavoidably, seem to have lost a good 'un there. Hope the add-ons ate heavily agreed in our favour or is it just the usual undervalued assessment of our input over the years decided by a committee?

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

"Limb re-torn" anagram of City sick-note or Pinkun poster?

(6. 1.3)

The pink'un poster bit took me a lot longer than it should have!  Baffled by the City sicknote - is that another anagram?

18 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The pink'un poster bit took me a lot longer than it should have!  Baffled by the City sicknote - is that another anagram?

Sorry, I worded it badly in haste.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The fact we are scouting a guy from Bromley should tell you all you need to know about incomings

Edited by First Wazzock

27 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

The fact we are scouting a guy from Bromley should tell you all you need to know about incomings

Like Kellen Fisher?

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Sorry, I worded it badly in haste.

Samba Pinkun poster minus the buttocks?