Sign in to follow this  

Not very clever is he? Saying the fixture list is to blame for City’s current problems! If that’s the level of intelligence of our players then we really are well and truly in trouble! 

Just now, TheBaldOne66 said:

Not very clever is he? Saying the fixture list is to blame for City’s current problems! If that’s the level of intelligence of our players then we really are well and truly in trouble! 

Probably just being a good boy and toeing the party line by parroting Wagner's narrative in the dressing room.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I'm more concerned that it is just another example of how poorly managed our club is. Who in their right mind would authorise such a ridiculous statement from a player. 

He is right though about the fixture list being to blame. Most of the teams we have been scheduled to play are better than us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This will be the next line trotted out for the next 3 months now most of our injuries have passed and we're still abysmal.

Odd statement to be fair. I didn't hear no one complaining when we had that easier run in the lead-up to the Binners game.

Yep, we'd look a lot better than we do at the moment if it wasn't for them damned fixtures spoiling everything.

"Injuries" -tick.

"Fans"- tick.

"Fixture list"- tick.

What's next?

"Heavy pitches"?

"Mornings not as dark"?

"High pollen count around the vegetable patch"?

"Too much chlorine in the swimming pool"?

• Haha 2

All clubs experience a squeeze due to excessive fixtures and injuries. Its a strange statement to come out. What is being put out by the club or lack of currently is quite worrying really. We are making serious lack of progress and apparently that is wholly acceptable to a club despite constantly stating promotion is the aim.

If he is reflecting what other players are feeling then no wonder we are dishing out the performances on the pitch that we are. You want your players to be buzzing, not looking for excuses but explaining how much they are looking forward to the next game to show everyone how good they are. Recidivism at its worst (or best depending on your point of view). 

Wagner has primed him to say this, as he's  run out of excuses himself and to get the heat off his back 😅

Its a ridiculous statement to make

Bit odd coming from this player in particular, he hasn’t exactly been overworked this season, if Sara had said it I would have a little more sympathy. As it is it’s just another in the long list from the excuse book.

Tbf I get where he is coming from, we are having to play championship teams weekly who are better than us, must be tough

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Tbf I get where he is coming from, we are having to play championship teams weekly who are better than us, must be tough

Well for two weeks we are also playing a middle ranking League 1 team who look better than us as well.

I do hope Our Board have read this report, and all have their head in their hands. It is a poor statement. 

Another day and the story is that they, the players, want to test themselves against the better teams

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

This really is scraping the barrel.

Next thing some player or other will be wheeled out to say it was a bit parky last Saturday which explains why they never got going.

Unbelievable.

They'll have caught their death in training today

51 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Well for two weeks we are also playing a middle ranking League 1 team who look better than us as well.

At least they are allowed another chance at beating us, I reckon we will have a back 7 for that game

3 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Well there we have the Z Gen, as Jody said, When I was 19 I used to work 6 days a week starting at 7 with overtime, then train on a Tuesday & Thursday, played Saturday afternoon and after a good night out be up at 9:30 for the Sunday morning 10:15 kick off! Two games a weekend no issue! They don’t know they’re born do they! 😂😂😂😂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Well there we have the Z Gen, as Jody said, When I was 19 I used to work 6 days a week starting at 7 with overtime, then train on a Tuesday & Thursday, played Saturday afternoon and after a good night out be up at 9:30 for the Sunday morning 10:15 kick off! Two games a weekend no issue! They don’t know they’re born do they! 😂😂😂😂

Ah, but you had the luxury of living in a dunghill at the bottom of the yard.