Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

What an earth is knapper waiting for ?…

10 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Well Webber did that before he went sour- hiring farke in days- and we benefited enormously. And even if he does want time to observe - just come out and tell us- this is what I think will happen in summer - please be patient. 

Days in the sense it was nearly two months. Webber arrived on April 6 and Farke was hired on May 25.

On 07/01/2024 at 21:05, mannings bandy legs said:

When those two were injured Wagner said he was happy with squad he had. His mission was to find a way forward with the squad he had,and was happy with. Failed.

True, but he can't come out and say that Idah and Hwang aren't up to it. It would send completely the wrong message to the squad.

What I do agree with is that he should've adapted the system (which was working well up until that point) much earlier. He was far too slow to realise that it wasn't working and confidence from players and fans sapped as a result.

Here's a radical idea, perhaps he wants to actually fix things? 

We keep getting told how rotten the club is on the inside, that doesn't come from the manager. We are in a transition of owner, not really in danger of going down this season and if we went up totally unsuited to compete. Perhaps he is keeping his powder dry to identify what else needs changing and address more than just the manager when we actually have the new owner in a better position to provide a foundation to build on for a sustainable promotion....

Or I'm just an idealistic optimist, either works...

• Like 4

On 07/01/2024 at 13:59, Kenny Foggo said:

God,  its so bloody depressing... bottom of the barrel stuff. I thought last years campaign was hard to engage with...

This is the worst I have felt about the club for many many years. 

It's hard to engage with something that's currently invisible, whilst the football on the pitch is utterly dire, terrible.

We can all envisage what Knapper might be doing whether it be a long-term strategy, searching for a new Head Coach, strengthening the squad, working out who to sell, all of the above. 

His biggest challenge is keeping the 1000s happy who pay good money to sample NCFC's one and only product; the football on the pitch. Currently it's shockingly poor and deteriorating faster than what he may be trying to achieve elsewhere.

It feels as though he's rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic at the moment. He needs to focus on the main priority first, get the football sorted! Buy yourself some time.

I think the bottom line is if the football was decent and we were putting on a good show nobody would care what was going on behind the scenes. It would appear the present head coach and his staff are unable to deliver anything resembling entertaining football and while that lasts the bickering will go on.

• Like 3

On 07/01/2024 at 14:13, JayNCFC said:

Not sure what he’s expected to say to be honest. There’s nothing to say. His speaking must be done by action.

Those that do speak, Deliah (20%) and Wagner post match are doing nothing but antagonising the fans. 

Anything that's said will antagonise some fans if the results aren't good. That's why silence is the best policy .

The irony is that when results are good, the club talks and nobody listens to what it's saying because they're all enjoying the football.

11 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

I think the bottom line is if the football was decent and we were putting on a good show nobody would care what was going on behind the scenes. It would appear the present head coach and his staff are unable to deliver anything resembling entertaining football and while that lasts the bickering will go on.

Exactly if Wagner could get the players Performing then anything else would be in the Background ,

i think this time though underperforming Manager and MA investing / loaning Money  has really put the spotlight on how the club is run 

that is leading to people criticizing Delia and MWJ and they do not like it one bit !  

28 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

This is the worst I have felt about the club for many many years. 

It's hard to engage with something that's currently invisible, whilst the football on the pitch is utterly dire, terrible.

We can all envisage what Knapper might be doing whether it be a long-term strategy, searching for a new Head Coach, strengthening the squad, working out who to sell, all of the above. 

His biggest challenge is keeping the 1000s happy who pay good money to sample NCFC's one and only product; the football on the pitch. Currently it's shockingly poor and deteriorating faster than what he may be trying to achieve elsewhere.

It feels as though he's rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic at the moment. He needs to focus on the main priority first, get the football sorted! Buy yourself some time.

... and it'll ony get worse while the aim remains getting promoted.  Its unrealistic and prevents develpment of a team capable of competing properly.    

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Exactly if Wagner could get the players Performing then anything else would be in the Background ,

i think this time though underperforming Manager and MA investing / loaning Money  has really put the spotlight on how the club is run 

that is leading to people criticizing Delia and MWJ and they do not like it one bit !  

Wagner being so useless has actually led to the focus shifting towards Smith & Jones whilst at the same time we yearn for the takeover to be completed and MA take full control. They are being squeezed from both sides. 

Wagner really has complicated what could have been a smoother transition. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

We keep getting told how rotten the club is on the inside, that doesn't come from the manager. We are in a transition of owner, not really in danger of going down this season and if we went up totally unsuited to compete. Perhaps he is keeping his powder dry to identify what else needs changing and address more than just the manager when we actually have the new owner in a better position to provide a foundation to build on for a sustainable promotion....

He's a sporting director, not a chief executive. The problem is those who employ him. And therein lies the problem.

11 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

He's a sporting director, not a chief executive. The problem is those who employ him. And therein lies the problem.

he can not sack him until everything lines up , 

imagine walking into the Boardroom i have decided to sack the manager and coaching staff , oh right we do not have the money to pay them off why did you do that ? 

15 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Days in the sense it was nearly two months. Webber arrived on April 6 and Farke was hired on May 25.

Look, @Dean Coneys boots said days and he means days. 

And technically he's right. It was days. It just happened to be a lot of them. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Day after day. Nothing happens. No action taken. This is one of the most frustrating times I can recall supporting this club. The inertia is hugely, hugely damaging to the club. JUST. DO. SOMETHING. Ffs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cornish sam said:

I think this is a sensible post. Despite many of us having less patience for the changes we all know are needed. The ownership transition being as long as 3 years as muted (would expect it actually to be less) doesn't really affect him so much. In terms of a window of time then a change in manager might take a couple of months in any event. The January transfer window is now well underway so you'd think any change might have been made sooner, if it was going to be.

Normally, in a new job you need at least 3 months and probably more like 6 before you truly get your feet under the table. Your understanding increases enormously during that time. Further, in a senior position you begin to own it, to develop legitimacy. We ought not forget either that the SD role is his first.

Finally, I think you're right about the manager being one of a few issues to consider. We see as fans that a change is needed now. He has stated what he wants to see in playing style and he and we know we are a long way from seeing it. Patience is the word. 

The 20% comment has not helped, it's fanned the flames of frustration. The AGM didn't help either. All could (and should) have been handled so much better. Now, the chickens are restless ...the worm, I fear, has well and truly turned. It's nice to finish on some clichéd phrases but I believe they are apposite.

You ask what Knappers is waiting for. 
The permission from the führer. 
To paraphrase Brian Conley “He’s a puppet”

I don’t believe for one minute that anyone apart from Delia makes decisions on managerial sackings. 

Club is run by idiots with and massive one right at the top pulling all the strings. 

• Confused 1

On 06/01/2024 at 18:47, RunnerCanary said:

Zoe Webbers husband telling her that Wagner cannot be sacked 

Who’s Zoe Webber? 

7 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Day after day. Nothing happens. No action taken. This is one of the most frustrating times I can recall supporting this club. The inertia is hugely, hugely damaging to the club. JUST. DO. SOMETHING. Ffs

Post of the year so far, the negligence in the running of the club is hugely worrying knapper is already a joke and needs to be gotten rid of very very quickly 

appointing someone with zero experience was a classic stowmarket 2 screw up