Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Meanwhile in Sunderland

Posted (edited)

Can you imagine if Delia went and painted Carrow Road blue and white and printed "up the town" signs everywhere when the binners come to visit? I mean come on

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

My twitter feed is full of this stuff this afternoon lol. The lounge looks a bit rubbish anyway, regardless of team colours. 

• Confused 1

You have obviously not seen the advertising all around the pitch at Carrow Road for Sekura one of the primary partners or across the outside of the Barclay for Anglian Home Improvements but then again you wouldn't would you so guess what colour ?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

You have obviously not seen the advertising all around the pitch at Carrow Road for Sekura one of the primary partners or across the outside of the Barclay for Anglian Home Improvements but then again you wouldn't would you so guess what colour ?

I started a thread and complained about it when it happened. You should really have known that. Did you expect anything else? 😇

31 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That's not the same 😅

• Confused 1

I see the owners have apologised but it does show what actual tone deaf owners look like. It's not ours.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I see the owners have apologised but it does show what actual tone deaf owners look like. It's not ours.

Apologised and changing the decor back haha. Waste of time and money!

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

It's such a bizarre decision, you can only think that that Carling have pushed some money across to brand/decorate the area in that way as there's accenting on the word 'black' which matches their branding, and their name is all over this.

Wouldn't even surprise me if someone involved knew this would be a way of getting free advertising out to potentially millions, and someone within SAFC was dumb enough to sign off on it thinking it was a friendly gesture to visiting fans.

I read somewhere that they've given them the home end too, haven't they?

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

For a while yesterday there were quite a few on both sides of the divide who thought this was all fake, a brilliant wind-up, such was the disbelief. This morphed into a concensus that workers for a subcontractors had done the deed. Gradually most have come round to a realisation that SAFC screwed up. You can kinda see where the thought process came from, but once the 'welcoming gesture' idea had been floated someone must have switched off the common sense filter. The pi**-taking on one side and anger on the other has been spectacular. It's definitely a good job that all 6,000 visiting fans are being bussed down from Tyneside and Northumbria Police will be praying there is no replay. 

• Confused 1

Unbelievable decision by Sunderland to sanction this… I’d be disgusted as a fan. As I still am with a massive blue and white banner above the Barclay!

Looking forward to watching this game, mind. Should be a belter.

7 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I'm not sure about the home end bit, but I've seen loads of Sunderland fans complaining Newcastle have been given such a large allocation of 6k. I've think they have to offer a certain percentage based on FA rules but no idea how that works generally.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It's such a bizarre decision, you can only think that that Carling have pushed some money across to brand/decorate the area in that way as there's accenting on the word 'black' which matches their branding, and their name is all over this.

Wouldn't even surprise me if someone involved knew this would be a way of getting free advertising out to potentially millions, and someone within SAFC was dumb enough to sign off on it thinking it was a friendly gesture to visiting fans.

Another BK8 moment?

9 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Another BK8 moment?

Possibly, although Villa have done alright with them as a sponsor!

• Confused 1

As others have said I was surprised Sunderland sanctioned this. The strength of animosity between Sunderland and Newcastle is universally well known, my Mackem friend reckoned the sale of Sugar Puffs plummeted on Wearside after the Honey Monster wore a Mags shirt in an advert.............

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

How would that work with season ticket holders?

This had to be have been a wind-up surely. 

Maybe someone on their out of the club's marketing department sanctioned it for a laugh. But I've really never seen anything like this. Bad enough for any club let alone your biggest rivals. 

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Shouldn't be an issue with the FA Cup they will just be relocated elsewhere. I'm a ST holder but my seat isn't available for Bristol Rovers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

They just move them, it was from this post from a SAFC supporters perspective that I read:

33 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Shouldn't be an issue with the FA Cup they will just be relocated elsewhere. I'm a ST holder but my seat isn't available for Bristol Rovers!

Doh! I hadn’t put 2 and 2 together.

• Like 1

Wokeys at work with no concept of fierce rivalries between clubs. The wet behind the ears people who run football clubs these days have totally lost the plot.

I can see some smartarse in the marketing department at Carling (probably a Magpie fan) put a daft idea out there and some wet behind the ears marketing person who has no clue about football went for it.

Sunderland fans should boycott Carling. Why anyone ever drinks that stuff with all the other alternatives available beats the hell out of me.

23 hours ago, hogesar said:

if you read real news not the headline the owner was mortified the same as the fans condeming it

On 04/01/2024 at 19:01, hogesar said:

Sunderland are owned by a twenty-something spoiled brat who will inherit his share of the Louis-Dreyfus family's billions.

If you've seen the TV show Succession, basically he's like one of the abhorrent grown-up children in that.

11 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Pritchard is a great little player still.

Done well to get over his injury problems.

Was thinking the same. Anything good from Sunderland has largely been through him.

• Like 1

Good result for Newcastle. If you'd offered their owner a comfortable win like that, I'm sure he would have chopped bitten your hand off.

• Confused 1

Pritch apart, Sunderland caught in the headlights. That was a surprise. Their coach looking out of his depth, was that really a surprise?