The question that really should be asked if he was planning on playing a low block today to try and nick a 1-0 nil is why did we rest players against Millwall.

The thrust of this thread is why most teams know how to play us now: Sit back and let us attack, absorb the pressure, and catch us on the break.

People complain about no plan B, then complain when anything other than swash-buckling gung ho attacking is what we do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

As soon as we kicked off! Settled back and waited for Southampton. Ridiculous for a home game. 

They would have ripped us apart if we would have been more attacking We'd have played to their strengths and they are good enough to exploit the gaps we'd have left. With the players we have then I thought it made sense. Not what we like to see but it's the bigger picture that counts 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Yes, but I don't think we could have any complaints if Stacey had got a red card so swings and roundabouts.

What on earth are you talking about? Yes, it was a yellow, but no way was it a red. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Sainz is shocking...should be back on the bench next game!

How may times did he give the ball away? 

He’s not a hold up player and was continually isolated. Rowe was no better… we need a player to hold up the ball around them.. hopefully that’s Sargent. But I’d bring Barnes back into the 10 role, and start Nunez deeper. McLean has to be dropped.. playing him is not allowing us to put our strongest side out.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

What on earth are you talking about? Yes, it was a yellow, but no way was it a red. 

As two people have already said, and I conceded that I may need to watch the replay when extended highlights are available. Unless you can magic up a replay for me right now I have nothing further to say.

Six correct lottery numbers would be nice too, if that is within the scope of your powers.

Posted (edited)

So a draw, after sitting back from the kick off, then once we went a goal down, we start to play......that says it all.  Showed them too much respect.  Are we that bad we have to sit back when a good club comes to Carrow Rd?  Whenever has that been acceptable over the years?  When?? We didn't even do that against Man City in the PL and managed to beat them!

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Most sensible thing you've said on this thread 😜🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I stand by it too. *  says it all :classic_smile:

I was dismayed the moment we kicked off when I saw the way we were going to set up. It was obvious in the first ten seconds. That is not the Norwich way - never has been and never should be and it gave Southampton total domination. Yes, we got the draw, could even have won it, but the ends don't justify the means imo.  When we went a goal down suddenly we looked a different team.

That was an acceptable away performance.......but we were at home........

• Thanks 1

We could have gone in with a more positive formation, as we did away at Southampton..and could well have let 4 in again, I dont think we would have scored 4 though as we did in August

The fact we’ve let standards slip so badly at this club that playing like that at home is deemed acceptable is absolutely mental.

Have some self respect and respect for this club before you celebrate playing like that or next season we will have 11 men behind the ball for the mid table teams.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

If only we had lost 5:4 the op would have been happy

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

As soon as we kicked off! Settled back and waited for Southampton. Ridiculous for a home game. 

I like this version of Lakey. The one who has woken up to what’s going on and is now willing to call it out. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So a draw, after sitting back from the kick off, then once we went a goal down, we start to play......that says it all.  Showed them too much respect.  Are we that bad we have to sit back when a good club comes to Carrow Rd?  Whenever has that been acceptable over the years?  When?? We didn't even do that against Man City in the PL and managed to beat them!

Times have changed and some fans needs to be realistic about the capabilities of the players we have at our disposal. We haven't created many chances recently. We played on the break at times, scored a decent goal arguably playing to Sargent's strength so to me it wasn't that bad. Could be better I agree. 

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The fact we’ve let standards slip so badly at this club that playing like that at home is deemed acceptable is absolutely mental.

Have some self respect and respect for this club before you celebrate playing like that or next season we will have 11 men behind the ball for the mid table teams.

Just to be clear, would you be happier if we'd have been all gung ho and lost?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norwich canary said:

How bad does it have to be before Knapper reacts and sacks him , he is becoming a liability very very quickly 

Could be better but we got a draw against an in form side who will be there or thereabouts.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Just to be clear, would you be happier if we'd have been all gung ho and lost?

Im unhappy because I can see the bigger picture.

Some people, maybe you could say 80%, would happily see Adam Idah play badly for 10 games then score a last minute goal and scream “SEE! SEE! bet you feel pretty silly now, eh?” And those same people are happy that we used to be a big team in this league, and now we ain’t.

To watch us HAVE to play like that at home cuts really deep.

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 2

It was as painful to watch today as when Hughton as in charge. I don't want to go back to that.

2 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

It was as painful to watch today as when Hughton as in charge. I don't want to go back to that.

But we are told we must be realistic about our situation and any want to play good football is just being selfish and toxic!

I swear, these 80%ers are so low intelligence it’s painful.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It would have been a far more exciting a match, watching two teams go for it.

But we'd be a point worse off, no?

21 minutes ago, tea total said:

Times have changed and some fans needs to be realistic about the capabilities of the players we have at our disposal. We haven't created many chances recently. We played on the break at times, scored a decent goal arguably playing to Sargent's strength so to me it wasn't that bad. Could be better I agree. 

80%er detected

I hope you enjoyed your day out

7 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

No chance, that wasn't even close to how depressing it was to watch Hughtons dross.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

But we are told we must be realistic about our situation and any want to play good football is just being selfish and toxic!

I swear, these 80%ers are so low intelligence it’s painful.

Our situation is that we've probably spent more money than almost every team in the league and have one of the highest wage bills. Some of the most expensive season tickets for an average seat in the league.

We should be doing so much better results and entertainment wise. Did the players not get the usual January message to play well as its season ticket renewal time?