BigEars

January transfer window

If we are still working with the same scouting personnel who have unearthed the gems we have acquired in recent seasons, then it is a blessing that we have no money to ****Ā up the wall.

I agree we would be delightedĀ to sell the players we dont want, particularly those out of contract soon, but i doubt there will be a list of Clubs willing toĀ offer money for them. Ā I expect virtually all the out of contract players to be released in the summer.

• Like 2

Knapper had better pull some Decent players out of the hat ready for the rebuild in SummerĀ 

i would be happy to lose / sell / let go Barnes this window , Not the same player as he once wasĀ 

Does not score or Assist enough big wages holding back signing a fresher youngerĀ  hungry playerĀ Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Knapper had better pull some Decent players out of the hat ready for the rebuild in SummerĀ 

i would be happy to lose / sell / let go Barnes this window , Not the same player as he once wasĀ 

Does not score or Assist enough big wages holding back signing a fresher youngerĀ  hungry playerĀ Ā 

Who'll buy him?Ā 

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Who'll buy him?Ā 

No one. We are stuck with him now. He got his last pay day from us and I doubt anyone would take him even on a free as we probably paid over the odds in wages to get him.

If the current status quo continues then really whatā€™s the point of signing anyoneā€¦

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Who'll buy him?Ā 

God Knows but have to try ! maybeĀ  tell Ipswich they need a bit of Experience for a promotion push kill two birds with one stone !!

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

No one. We are stuck with him now. He got his last pay day from us and I doubt anyone would take him even on a free as we probably paid over the odds in wages to get him.

So what do we do with him? He's clearly a liability in the first team. But we can't put him in the under-21s because he'll be teaching the kids how to get into fights in a nightclub at 3am.Ā 

Just now, canarybubbles said:

So what do we do with him? He's clearly a liability in the first team. But we can't put him in the under-21s because he'll be teaching the kids how to get into fights in a nightclub at 3am.Ā 

Loan him out and take the financial hit if thereā€™s no plan for him to play. Plenty of clubs will want him they just wonā€™t match the wages we are paying.

Barnes and Duffy were the result of lackĀ of governance at the Club (which S&J dont recognise). Ā Holding short term contracts with the Sporting Director and the Manager pushedĀ them to look at short term options without enough sight onĀ longer term. Ā We now 2 older players, past their best, probably high wages and contracts running for another 1.5 years for Barnes and 2.5 years for Duffy. Ā No other club will take them so their wages will tie us up and hinderĀ the overhaul. Ā What a mess.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BigEars said:

Barnes and Duffy were the result of lackĀ of governance at the Club (which S&J dont recognise). Ā Holding short term contracts with the Sporting Director and the Manager pushedĀ them to look at short term options without enough sight onĀ longer term. Ā We now 2 older players, past their best, probably high wages and contracts running for another 1.5 years for Barnes and 2.5 years for Duffy. Ā No other club will take them so their wages will tie us up and hinderĀ the overhaul. Ā What a mess.

This sums it up for me. Those expecting any significant improvement from any January ins/outs are going to be bitterly disappointed.

Ā 

2 hours ago, Richard Richard said:

This sums it up for me. Those expecting any significant improvement from any January ins/outs are going to be bitterly disappointed.

Ā 

Correct and there wouldn't be any point unless the right manager is in place anyway. Write this season off, get a better man in charge and rebuild for the next couple of seasons under him/her. Hate to reference success down the road but they have achieved a lot under McKenna with a number of players from lower divisions.Ā 

The right manager and attitude from the BOD.Ā 

8 hours ago, BigEars said:

A depressing read. There was a hint of what was to come with Hayden though. Rumoured to be on Ā£45k a week and couldn't walk.

In the right set-up Duffy is a solid CB and we could see a decent partnership with Hanley.

Barnes however gets worse every single gameĀ and seems to have one or two 'mental issues' going on. Really don't know what we do with him but he shouldn't be anywhere near our starting XI.

Ā 

Ā 

15 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

I genuinely think I'm better than Barnes

25 minutes ago, Justin time said:

What wages would you like and when can you start?

I'd do it for the love šŸ‘šŸ˜†

Front page has us linked with Aldershot youngster, heā€™s an Ipswich fan who dreams of playing for them apparently! Canā€™t see him coming here can you?

There's no point doing anything in January if there is no larger plan yet of where we are heading. Clearly Webber had abandoned any attempt to create a long-term vision and resorted to a cluster of panic buys in the desperate hope that this might get us to the playoffs and an unlikely promotion. Then he could resign having taken us to the Premier League and move on to his next challenge (aka stooge).

We have to hope that Knapper has a vision andĀ intellectual capacity way beyond Webber's, but we have to give him time. Everything since the sacking of Farke (and including the sacking) has been short-term and opportunistic, and we need someone with a much deeper talent and thinking than Webber's rather shallow management speak.

It's depressing but that's what you get for believing in a charlatan.

The first thing is to replace the manager, we will never have a true idea of how good the squad is while we remain so poorly coached.

• Like 1

Be happy to see the recruitment team replaced. Ā  Ā Couldnā€™t trust them to pick out suitable players especially while we have 1) Wagner and 2) no proper plan as to how we want to play. Ā  Ā Ā 
Ā 

Rather see a few old-timers released than incomings. Ā  Ā Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

We certainly need to be looking downwards, I feel like I say this every single window but I feel like our best recruiting over the years has been when we've looked below us at gems from this countries lower leagues or nicking players from lower placed teams who need some cash.Ā 

I would be seriously trying to tempt Plymouth into selling Whittaker.Ā  Ā They paid 1m for him.Ā  And do it quick before Schumacher takes him to stoke.Ā 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

Would a short term loan for Omo be on the cards? Nowhere near forest first team right now so they might consider getting him a loan. Certainly better than Mason Holgate rumourĀ 

34 minutes ago, Tommo said:

Would a short term loan for Omo be on the cards? Nowhere near forest first team right now so they might consider getting him a loan. Certainly better than Mason Holgate rumourĀ 

Can you loan two players from the same team as we already have Hwang?

Id take him right now