Sign in to follow this  
MC_NCFC

Midlands Canaries

Nope this isn’t a post about the individual.

Rather, a new supporters group for those based in the Midlands.

A place for people of all walks of life and the only discrimination being you can only join if you are Yellow ‘n’ Green. The aim is to share stories, meet up, travel together and have fun when sometimes the football isn’t all that positive.

There is an Instagram and WhatsApp group for the group and the group is officially recognised by the club. We have direct contact with club officials to enable us to have a say even when some of us at times may be in that 20%.

Feel free to DM me and I can add you to the groups.

I was born in Leamington, lived in Warwick half my life. Send me details please, my dad is still in those parts but doesn't use the forum.

6 minutes ago, Canary2000 said:

I'm Warwick

Norwich fans a rare breed around here!

Edited by rock bus

3 hours ago, MC_NCFC said:

Nope this isn’t a post about the individual.

Rather, a new supporters group for those based in the Midlands.

A place for people of all walks of life and the only discrimination being you can only join if you are Yellow ‘n’ Green. The aim is to share stories, meet up, travel together and have fun when sometimes the football isn’t all that positive.

There is an Instagram and WhatsApp group for the group and the group is officially recognised by the club. We have direct contact with club officials to enable us to have a say even when some of us at times may be in that 20%.

Feel free to DM me and I can add you to the groups.

Great from the social perspective.

What isn't needed though is a never ending list of groups with a direct line into the Club. It should all be brought under 1 umbrella.   

1 hour ago, Canary2000 said:

I'm Warwick

Warwick Davis? I didn't realise you were a Norwich fan!

Edited by cornish sam

I used to live in Cov, spent some time staying in Leam and then was staying in Nun for 6 1/2 years.
Now live back in the glorious Norwich.

Maybe I could be an associate member, exchanging woeful tales of the old A14 Catthorpe Interchange, A11 through Elveden queuing as far as the eye could see and the lottery that was, and still is, the Cov ring road.

A sight to behold:Coventry_Ring_Road.jpg

Edited by K Lo
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, KevinB said:

Count me in, I’m just north of Nottingham.

Ooh, where? I’m near Long Eaton.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I can’t believe the one poster with Midlands in his name hasn’t posted!

I don’t do other social media really but will enquire when I get home. 

Great to see so much interest. We currently have members in Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Brum and surrounding areas. 

Please drop me a message and I’ll send everyone details of how to join. 

Grew up in Midlands and played football against Leamington, Racing Warwick and Nuneaton Borough!   Good times… Southam sounds familiar too!    Good to know there’s plenty of green and yellow about the area!

20 hours ago, essex canary said:

What isn't needed though is a never ending list of groups with a direct line into the Club. It should all be brought under 1 umbrella.   

Most of us speak with Elliott King who is responsible for supporter engagement and helps create the channels of communication with the club.

Surley it is he who creates the umbrella? 

On 19/12/2023 at 11:47, essex canary said:

If you rolled up the umbrella, you could use it as a stick to beat the club with.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, MC_NCFC said:

Most of us speak with Elliott King who is responsible for supporter engagement and helps create the channels of communication with the club.

Surley it is he who creates the umbrella? 

Given the Club has (for example)  Disability Access meetings with the Canaries Trust, it maybe worthwhile how common subjects can be entertained to include all interested parties and to avoid duplications.

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Given the Club has (for example)  Disability Access meetings with the Canaries Trust, it maybe worthwhile how common subjects can be entertained to include all interested parties and to avoid duplications.

Like the OSP, perhaps? 

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Totally agree on joined up thinking.

The starting point is allowing the fan base to have more influence and control for a range of topics.

The second point is to avoid Silos and to ensure lots of different groups voices are centralised. 

The third point is accountability to ensure common themes are listened to and dealt with. 

My personal take is the club have a way to go but we are also in a position that being Norwich City supporters where we have more influence than ever and more so than many other clubs.

On 19/12/2023 at 17:51, Nuff Said said:

I can’t believe the one poster with Midlands in his name hasn’t posted!

Do you mean me? some of us have work to do and don't get a chance to catch up.

Just to add I lived on South Hill Road in my teens, watched Norwich v Sheff Wed cup match with my legs through the railings, delivered papers to Kevin Keelan and had Big Dunc as a coach to my youth team, also played for the Lads Club after the youth leagues.

Don't add much to the board as I can't be bothered with all the in-fighting! but when I die any autopsy will only show yellow and green through and through.

Living just north of Worcester next to the River Severn.

Edited by Midlandscanary
add info
  • Like 1