Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Upper Tiers Closed

From where I was sat, they might as well have been closed today. Swathes and swathes of empty seats, I didn’t hear the announced attendance thanks to the MC seemingly speaking into the mic through a pillow, but I’d be amazed if there were more than 17,000 there today. 

41 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

From where I was sat, they might as well have been closed today. Swathes and swathes of empty seats, I didn’t hear the announced attendance thanks to the MC seemingly speaking into the mic through a pillow, but I’d be amazed if there were more than 17,000 there today. 

17,000 is quite a lot in the upper tiers.

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Unsurprisingly you have a bite Duncan. 

1 hour ago, A K Narey said:

The announced attendance was a little over 26 thousand. 😂

There were way less empty seats than I imagined there would be and great to see the drummer back.

The pub was rammed before the game and with every Leeds goal being cheered the atmosphere was pretty good.

Good day out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Gary Wilmot fan Dunc? He was seldom funny either! Only joking and you know it, Merry Christmas. 

I see Bristol Rovers put their tickets on sale last Monday and having worked through the priority groups have been on general sale for two days and still not sold out.

Waits...........

3 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Counting is not your strong point is it?

On 15/12/2023 at 00:31, essex canary said:

Bristol Rovers must be amazingly enthusiastic about a reduced capacity given that they live with far less TV money than NCFC. Their away following for league matches is around 1,000 so perhaps double it for this match. They probably have a far greater understanding of the demand and supply curve than NCFC given our recent accounts show 7% less gate income for a 7% rise in season ticket prices.

You are aware i take it that Bristol Rovers have taken a smaller allocation than what they could have taken under FA Cup rules which is probably why Block H of the South Stand has been made available to home fans ?

In announcing that £2 from every ticket goes to the CSF it's been revealed they have nearly sold 16k

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

In announcing that £2 from every ticket goes to the CSF it's been revealed they have nearly sold 16k

Seems like a good outcome. Let's hope for more and the Upper Tiers open though clearly the £2 must only relate to Adult Tickets alongside £1 child tickets.

7 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

How does that work when my nephews ticket was £1!? 

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Seems like a good outcome. Let's hope for more and the Upper Tiers open though clearly the £2 must only relate to Adult Tickets alongside £1 child tickets.

1 minute ago, The Raptor said:

How does that work when my nephews ticket was £1!? 

Just checked the twitter post. It's £2 from every adult ticket.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

My money is on it being £2 from every adult full price ticket as to follow on from what the Raptor said my coffin dodger ticket was only a fiver in the first place so the club are trying to convey in their statement that currently the CSF have been given £32K.

By the way the ground availability plan shows far less than a 16,000 take up.

We've sold nearly 18,000 tickets now. Not bad for a cup game. How's that for the haters?

I'd much rather have full areas than lots of empty seats dotted about.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

We've sold nearly 18,000 tickets now. Not bad for a cup game. How's that for the haters?

Not according to the ground plan as of right now and availability is good everywhere except for the two blocks behind the dug outs. Block A of the Barclay is literally half empty and Block O of the South Stand plus two blocks either end of the Regency are i would suggest more than half empty.

Don't get your haters remark either on a thread about ticket sales.

Edited by TIL 1010

48 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My money is on it being £2 from every adult full price ticket as to follow on from what the Raptor said my coffin dodger ticket was only a fiver in the first place so the club are trying to convey in their statement that currently the CSF have been given £32K.

By the way the ground availability plan shows far less than a 16,000 take up.

So basically again they are trying to create a false impression.

Well regardless of the attendance on Saturday v Brizzle Rovers in the FA Cup.....I've got my ticket and I'm sitting in my ST regular padded plastic pew....so there!....."Troooooo Faaaaaan!"......

I think that it'll be a decent game and Waggo an' Co will wanna win this match for a couple o' reasons....one being holding on to his employment and the other it allows the fringe and getting those returning 1st team players back up to speed and an opportunity to get some game time....

It's a Saturday....it kicks off at 15.00....It doesn't cost a lot.....then for me it's spoon's pub time afters....

If we are fortunate to win and then get a home draw against one of the top 4 Prem sides....the apathetic fickle feckers will be falling over themselves to get a ticket....FACT!....Pffft!

28 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Give it a rest.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Give it a rest.

2024 may well be a New Year but the same old record is being played by you know who. However in this case if you take out coffin dodger and tickets for those U20 he has a bit of a case just this once mate.

Edited by TIL 1010

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

2024 may well be a New Year but the same old record is being played by you know who. However in this case if you take out coffin dodger and tickets for those U20 he has a bit of a case just this once mate.

As you will know, a life long crusade will straddle many a new year

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nu_matik said:

The club says nearly 16,000.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/fa-cup-ticket-sales-to-support-foundation

Supporters have already snapped up nearly 16,000 tickets for the clash.

37 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

32 minutes ago, BurwellCanary said:

As you will know, a life long crusade will straddle many a new year

A stick is not just for Christmas........................

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

No. It’s the people like you who constantly moan that are trying to create a false impression. The website clearly states £2 from every ADULT ticket. ( my capitals). It’s hardly their fault that you cannot be bothered to read it. Once again a decent gesture criticised by you. Maybe stick to hospitality at Millwall!

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not according to the ground plan as of right now and availability is good everywhere except for the two blocks behind the dug outs. Block A of the Barclay is literally half empty and Block O of the South Stand plus two blocks either end of the Regency are i would suggest more than half empty.

Don't get your haters remark either on a thread about ticket sales.

Sorry, there is a lot of hate for the club right now... and many negative comments about the ticket sales being poor - and I feel some of them are from what I refer to as haters of the club. Sorry if it was a little strong 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

No. It’s the people like you who constantly moan that are trying to create a false impression. The website clearly states £2 from every ADULT ticket. ( my capitals). It’s hardly their fault that you cannot be bothered to read it. Once again a decent gesture criticised by you. Maybe stick to hospitality at Millwall!

Just for balance i think it is worth taking on board that the cost of Bristol Rovers adults was £10 from the outset as opposed to £12 for Norwich fans so this ' gesture ' looks to have been built in from the date ticket prices were set out and not something announced yesterday.

17 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The gesture is from the adult fan who pays £2 more than a visitor with no prior knowledge at least up until now. Since when has an OAP not been an adult? 

Delia might care to note that the hospitality section at Millwall was both a good deal more raucous and cheaper than it's Carrow Road equivalent. 

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

The gesture is from the adult fan who pays £2 more than a visitor with no prior knowledge at least up until now. Since when has an OAP not been an adult? 

Delia might care to note that the hospitality section at Millwall was both a good deal more raucous and cheaper than it's Carrow Road equivalent. 

on a bike!